My local Best Buy where I pre ordered just called and advises that their Sprint Rep just told them the phone is delayed for them till "sometime next week" which kinda sucks since at lunchtime they still believed they would have them tomorrow.
    06-20-2012 05:15 PM
    Wow, you just rained on the parade of all the ppl who swore that BB was going to get the phones before Sprint like with the EVOLTE launch
    equishd likes this.
    06-20-2012 08:09 PM
    though don't Best Buy get shipments from Samsung not Sprint? So why would a sprint rep know about Best Buy's shipments?
    06-20-2012 08:21 PM
    I don't know the answer to that question. They also told me they had just received a memo from higher up.
    06-20-2012 08:32 PM
    Unless perhaps the Sprint rep was telling them that they couldn't sell them till next week?
    06-20-2012 08:32 PM
    I'm scared. Were they shipping it to you or were yo picking it up in stores?
    06-21-2012 02:41 AM
    Picking up in store. I was the first to pre order the Sprint version there.
    06-21-2012 05:52 AM
    though don't Best Buy get shipments from Samsung not Sprint? So why would a sprint rep know about Best Buy's shipments?
    Samsung does not pre load software for sprint so all Sprint phone go to their warehouse first so their software can be loaded. Then then are distributed by Sprint. So no, Best Buy does not receive their Sprint phones from Samsung. Sprint is making sure that their pre orders are filled first. Sprint controls who sales their phones and when. Not Samsung.

06-21-2012 07:51 AM
    this is so dumb, sprint should serve the early birds who preordered when they just started. they MUST serve the needs of the customers. im gonna be so pissed if i can get this phone today from best buy.

all this uncertainty is fudging bulls*it....when apple says this is the release day- that IS the release day, no questions, no delay rumors, no actual delays (as far as im concerned). if samsung has phones, sell them today, making people wait will not make them happy. granted, what can we really do about it, im still going to buy the phone if i have to wait a week or 2... its bullsh*it, my friend.
    Tkbredx likes this.
    06-21-2012 07:59 AM
    @scorpeo88 try being a Verizon customer, who's phone is on it's last legs!
    06-21-2012 09:43 AM
    Went through the same crap for different reasons with the EVO 4G LTE that I am now apparently going to go through with the SIII.

I have to keep remembering that this is simply circumstance and not Sprints fault...sort of.
    06-21-2012 10:20 AM
    Samsung does not pre load software for sprint so all Sprint phone go to their warehouse first so their software can be loaded. Then then are distributed by Sprint. So no, Best Buy does not receive their Sprint phones from Samsung. Sprint is making sure that their pre orders are filled first. Sprint controls who sales their phones and when. Not Samsung.

Not saying that it is not true, because we all know that many businesses do really dumb stuff, but it seems horribly inefficient for Samsung to not just pre- load the carrier software rather than adding a step to the process and making the carriers do it...

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    06-21-2012 11:50 AM
    Called Best Buy on my way for my in store pick up preordered Galaxy S3. They told me their shipment wasnt in yet. What kind of f*ckery is this? I am so disappointed
    06-21-2012 01:35 PM
    Not saying that it is not true, because we all know that many businesses do really dumb stuff, but it seems horribly inefficient for Samsung to not just pre- load the carrier software rather than adding a step to the process and making the carriers do it...
    I don't have any info on this, but I agree. It wouldn't make sense that Samsung would design a phone with radios specifically for a carrier including things like an internal gsm card that differs from other US variants, but wouldn't load software before packaging and shipping.
    06-21-2012 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD