To ROOT or not to ROOT....That is the question.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Already rooted with cwm recovery. :D

Awesome! Just took a look at the video, seems like an easy process. Can't wait to get mine (Verizon) I know root method will probably be different for Verizon, but thought I would research the basic process. Love me some AOKP!!

Schlicky

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm up for rooting. Usually for the overclocking aspect (HTC Wildfire needed that !), but at the moment, with a quad core sitting in my S3, I may have a long way to go before that requirement.

Carrier issues don't usually crop up for us in the UK, so I have less to worry about in the regard.

I've never come across AdBlock before and it sounds very interesting. It stops Ad's in everything ?

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone not work without rooting? What's wrong with the way it comes? I thought android was fine the way it was? Will I have to work to make this phone wok? I don't want to work, I want to use it out of the box.

Thanks for the answers.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone not work without rooting? What's wrong with the way it comes? I thought android was fine the way it was? Will I have to work to make this phone wok? I don't want to work, I want to use it out of the box.

Thanks for the answers.

The phone works fine out of the box. I think the people you find here rooting their device are previous rooters from their old device and they know and understand what it allows you to do.

Many want root so they can remove the last of bloat or apps they don't use. Others want it for free tethering, and then you have those that want all of the above plus the ability to run custom ROMS, themes and kernels when they become available.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Reactions: monkeyluis

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
just finished rooting myself! I came from the webOS world and just couldn't resist rooting and having the ability to customize as I want (even though I don't know what I want to do yet). Just having the option is worth the effort as far as I'm concerned for now :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, give it another week or two and there is going to be a flood of stuff to do with your rooted SGSIII..

First will be Restore to Stock option, then a few ROMs and kernels and from there it will be a free for all.....

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
just finished rooting myself! I came from the webOS world and just couldn't resist rooting and having the ability to customize as I want (even though I don't know what I want to do yet). Just having the option is worth the effort as far as I'm concerned for now :D

Glad your enjoying it :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781