s3 long message problem

clints

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
i am using galaxy s3. wheni try to send long text message in arabic, it is converted to mms. as other side does not have mms, it is not sent. it is a big problem for me.

another thing, in s2, emoji could be added easily but in s3 not. you need to download application whihc logs all your kyboard activities. how can i add amoji?

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i think a settings tweakk might solve your SMS to MMS conversion issue...its possible the GS3 is so smart it assumes you want to send an MMS once you cross the 160 character boundary for SMS.

fiddle around the settings to fine tune it....

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure all my past phones have done this and I'm on Verizon. Once you hit what would be the 3rd text message, so 320+ characters, it automatically converts it to a MMS. There may be a work around for this but I wouldn't hold my breath.

However, SMS stand for Short Message Service so write shorter messages. I hate when my friends send my paragraphs upon paragraphs and they all come in separately and my phone goes crazy for 2 minutes!

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Here you go, someone posted it in another thread, you need to install Handcent though

GALAXY S3 MOBILE

1. Open a SMS msg in Handcent.
2. Go back one step to all your SMS (Must be in Handcent SMS App)
3. Menu / Settings / Send Message Settings / Auto Convert to MMS – ( Uncheck!)

MaLLoThaPrince

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Here you go, someone posted it in another thread, you need to install Handcent though

GALAXY S3 MOBILE

1. Open a SMS msg in Handcent.
2. Go back one step to all your SMS (Must be in Handcent SMS App)
3. Menu / Settings / Send Message Settings / Auto Convert to MMS ? ( Uncheck!)

Also GoSMS does the same thing dude

newandroid user

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey ... you say you use go sms and that's much better but when I send long texts using go sms it changes them into a collection of texts which is obviously annoying for the recipient .. is there any way to change this and how as I am new ro android phones and do not have a clue ...
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX