Don't Use the International Root Methods!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just tossing this out there after looking around to see how root options are proceeding for the Sprint version of the SGSIII, there has already been reported attempts of people using the international SGSIII Root Methods and failed attempts resulting in messed up recoveries and boot problems.

No brick has been reported yet but its obvious there needs to be a customized version for the US variants.

Edit: Better clarification, the attempted root ended with recovery being messed up (un-usable) and no root. Otherwise the phone works but again DON'T ATTEMPT due to the fact there isn't even a Restore to Stock option yet !!

Last edited:

Dreissig

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
There should be a guide for what methods work for what phone type. There are (I think) three different versions out now, and it would be nice if not only people using the wrong one stopped happening, but also if EVERYONE had their own method right there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There should be a guide for what methods work for what phone type. There are (I think) three different versions out now, and it would be nice if not only people using the wrong one stopped happening, but also if EVERYONE had their own method right there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
When/if demand is popular enough (which I'm sure it will be), the administrators of Android Central will open "Rooting & Hacking" sub-forums for the SGSIII, US carrier specific.

Then all the proper rooting and hacking information as it becomes available can and will be placed in the proper carrier locations to keep things clear and neat.