SwiftKey 3 on sale for 1.99

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The new Swype is awesome. I did the exact opposite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I like the new features that the latest version of Swype seems to offer. The problem is it was preinstalled on my HTC EVO 4G and I can't get the latest version. Even though it says it will install on devices that were preloaded I keep getting an error message saying my dvice isn't supported and I do have the mobile services box checked for my default browser. This sucks :(

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The new Swype is awesome. I did the exact opposite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Swype is weird to me. I guess because its so unorthodox. Maybe I need more practice. Instead of just trying it in stores. Idk but I dont ser how people say its faster than typing. Its like cursive version of typing. Lol

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea behind the whole swype experience, but when it comes to word predictions Imo it fails terribly compared to SwiftKey.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, hope the sale continues for at least a day or two longer, sounds like something I should pick up, but until my S3 arrives, no way to do it! Don't think I can purchase it using my BlackBerry 9800. :)

You might want to set up a google account through your desktop and purchase the app. Then when you activate your phone with the associated account it will be waiting there for you.

*******Do not know if this will work, but worth a try.

mpmtkd

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
What if I don't get my phone by the time the deal is done... (and I don't have an android).. Can I purchase it online through the google play store and then install it once I get my phone???

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using Swype for nearly 2yrs so Im really used to it, I bought Swiftkey awhile ago and just couldnt get used to it so I stopped using it, I tried it again last week and Im loving it, Swiftkey 3 is even better. my only advice is give each one a chance before giving up on either too early

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What if I don't get my phone by the time the deal is done... (and I don't have an android).. Can I purchase it online through the google play store and then install it once I get my phone???
Ive never done it, but I dont see why you couldnt do that

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the new features that the latest version of Swype seems to offer. The problem is it was preinstalled on my HTC EVO 4G and I can't get the latest version. Even though it says it will install on devices that were preloaded I keep getting an error message saying my dvice isn't supported and I do have the mobile services box checked for my default browser. This sucks :(

That is pretty unfortunate. There's no way to remove it through disabling it or getting root access? Oi.

Swype is weird to me. I guess because its so unorthodox. Maybe I need more practice. Instead of just trying it in stores. Idk but I dont ser how people say its faster than typing. Its like cursive version of typing. Lol

I used it a bit on my DINC but gave it an honest try a couple weeks ago. I'm starting to learn how to do things with one hand which is something I'd NEVER thought would happen on the GN.

I like the idea behind the whole swype experience, but when it comes to word predictions Imo it fails terribly compared to SwiftKey.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Yeah the SwiftKey prediction is supreme. Swype's getting better; this latest update is world's away from the prior one.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You might want to set up a google account through your desktop and purchase the app. Then when you activate your phone with the associated account it will be waiting there for you.

*******Do not know if this will work, but worth a try.

Ive never done it, but I dont see why you couldnt do that

No joy, I'm afraid. I get the following error message:

You will receive the error ?You haven?t accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag app icon) on your device with this email account. Learn More.? on the Google Play website if:
  • You are trying to use the Google Play website before using the Google Play Store app on your device. It may take several minutes after using the Google Play Store app on your device for that phone or tablet to show up on play.google.com. If you don?t have the Google Play Store app pre-installed on your device, contact your carrier or manufacturer for further assistance.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
You can set Swiftkey to vibrate on each key press by going into settings. Enable haptic feedback.

Also, for people that don't like swiping, you can still use Swype as a normal keyboard by poking keys instead of swiping.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can set Swiftkey to vibrate on each key press by going into settings. Enable haptic feedback.

Also, for people that don't like swiping, you can still use Swype as a normal keyboard by poking keys instead of swiping.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Got it thanks!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I used it a bit on my DINC but gave it an honest try a couple weeks ago. I'm starting to learn how to do things with one hand which is something I'd NEVER thought would happen on the GN.

Yeah the SwiftKey prediction is supreme. Swype's getting better; this latest update is world's away from the prior one.

So I've been using swipe on my galaxy s3 and I must admit I am loving it. If it learned about our typing like swift key it could be even more amazing

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad