08-30-2012 04:11 PM
27 12
tools
    Question!!

so since 16 hours is "top of the heap" is that on 4g all 16 hours? I am wondering because I get about 11-12 hours on 4G all day. ive been doing an experiment where I dont connect to wifi at work or school. my 11-12 hours consist of surfing the web and playing agent dash and other video games for 10 or 15 mins in between class. I also listen to Pandora for about 3 hours of the day. Is my battery good? Is 3 hours and 10 minutes screen on time good?

boogalu
    08-29-2012 09:06 PM
    I think you should mess with some settings and get a couple app's to monitor your battery usage. I use GSAM Battery Monitor to tell me what's eating my battery as the stock battery app in the phone settings is wrong, and I use Juice Defender (free version) to help me conserve battery when it's not in use. My battery used to suck, but getting those and changing the following settings has made it so I can go 24hrs+ with regular (for me) usage.

If you use S Voice, make sure you turn off the wake up command. I think that kills a lot of your battery b/c the phone is always looking for your command. I also turned off syncing for apps that I didn't care that much about like Facebook and LinkedIn since I get email notifications anyway. Then I turned off my constant syncing with email to be every 15 minutes. I think I also adjusted a wifi setting to have it only connect when the phone is being used and not stay connected. I may have done another random adjustment or two, but I think those really helped my battery out. Before (on the same "normal" usage for me) I was getting about 12 hours of battery life. I'm sure this isn't news to most, but someone new to Android like me might get some use out of it.
    08-30-2012 04:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD