Diztronic TPU cases finally out for S3

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
They have a promotion going on where buy 2 cases and get 10% off the total or buy 3 and get 15% off total.

Just got two cases (clear and matte black) today.

EDIT: Got them for $20.82 and they shipped an hour later.

Didn't see the promo, but got the same for 22.80. Tnx OP

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the screen cover that comes with it worth anything? Or am I still buying a SGP or Rearth?

I'm surprised people are differentiating between the "quality" of these cases. I was looking at the clear/gray "Androdified" Cruiserlite. Is this one really that much better?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the screen cover that comes with it worth anything? Or am I still buying a SGP or Rearth?

I'm surprised people are differentiating between the "quality" of these cases. I was looking at the clear/gray "Androdified" Cruiserlite. Is this one really that much better?

Well Vic as my good friend Hue Honey always says " you get what you pay for, or you get the f*** out ! "
I hope that was some help in making your decision.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Ok pal now that the jokes are aside ....

This is my absolute hands down opinion on cases.

As we all remember black berry rubber cases ... They stretched out... Didn't protect really from a fall and stuck to your pocket ...

Then a new kind of rubber case came out and it was resin " tpu" ... This kind of case in my opinion is the best and tested thin protection for your phone.

Now your question .... YES there is a difference

I have had cheap ones that had holes that did not line up, some were thin in material and didn't have a good "bounce ". Some have to much wrap over the sides to the screen , some don't have enough.

I looked at the case you mentioned and I think its really cool and looks to have what you want in a protective case ... Only thing I saw was that the rocker was cut out and not covered over with a flexible thinner piece. That can either matter or not matter to you .... Depends on your line of work.

I have had the no name diamond print back tpu case that VZW sold on my Dinc for 2 years now .... The phone looks out of the box new and I have never had a screen protector on it. The phone was dropped kicked and in the elements. I don't go out of my way beat my phone up ... But I am not super anal either.

I hope I got some good info out with out being to long winded.

Seacrest out

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok pal now that the jokes are aside ....

This is my absolute hands down opinion on cases.

As we all remember black berry rubber cases ... They stretched out... Didn't protect really from a fall and stuck to your pocket ...

Then a new kind of rubber case came out and it was resin " tpu" ... This kind of case in my opinion is the best and tested thin protection for your phone.

Now your question .... YES there is a difference

I have had cheap ones that had holes that did not line up, some were thin in material and didn't have a good "bounce ". Some have to much wrap over the sides to the screen , some don't have enough.

I looked at the case you mentioned and I think its really cool and looks to have what you want in a protective case ... Only thing I saw was that the rocker was cut out and not covered over with a flexible thinner piece. That can either matter or not matter to you .... Depends on your line of work.

I have had the no name diamond print back tpu case that VZW sold on my Dinc for 2 years now .... The phone looks out of the box new and I have never had a screen protector on it. The phone was dropped kicked and in the elements. I don't go out of my way beat my phone up ... But I am not super anal either.

I hope I got some good info out with out being to long winded.

Seacrest out

So Nik, which case do you like? lol! Why do you Long Island guys like to make things complicated!?!? :p

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I wanna buy 2 of these cases, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger..

do that have good protection?

I had an otterbox on my Droid X, while I knew it had great protection, it did make the phone more bulky than I liked (I did get used to it)....but really I just need good enough protection, I try to take care of my phone, but I do accidently drop it occasionally on hard floors

Last edited:

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the matte black and the clear (with no sparkles)... this is crazy I haven't even ordered the phone yet. I'll have my case ready when I step into the showroom though.

I have one of these on my GSII and its been fantastic. Survived several accidental drops and overall just makes the phone grippier. For the Epic Touch 4G they sold out rather quickly so I thought Id jump on it early. Thanks for the link.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the matte black and the clear (with no sparkles)... this is crazy I haven't even ordered the phone yet. I'll have my case ready when I step into the showroom though.

I have one of these on my GSII and its been fantastic. Survived several accidental drops and overall just makes the phone grippier. For the Epic Touch 4G they sold out rather quickly so I thought Id jump on it early. Thanks for the link.

I just ordered the matte black and I don't have the phone either, lol! I'm planning on walking into my store Sunday after my softball games and hoping they have one 32gb blue in stock. If not I'll just keep waiting till its available.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
how much of a lint magnet are these?

I do not have a diztronic brand case but I do have a case which I believe is the same exact material and they are not a anything magnet .... The case style in this thread is my favorite.
This case is not like the old black berry rubber cases if that's what you are thinking.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
how much of a lint magnet are these?

Im not sure I follow. They're more or less a lightly textured soft semi stretchy plastic. They have a slight texture to them but they're still smooth. Mine has had no trouble with lint at all. You do eventually collect some dirt and dust inside over time but the case is easily removed and blown out clean.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Aren't most cases lint magnets as long as you put it in your pocket?!?!? Besides, I'd rather have a lil lint on my phone than a scratch/kink/dent/shattered screen/etc.....lol! :D

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure I follow. They're more or less a lightly textured soft semi stretchy plastic. They have a slight texture to them but they're still smooth. Mine has had no trouble with lint at all. You do eventually collect some dirt and dust inside over time but the case is easily removed and blown out clean.

Like a Seidio active X case?!?! I have one on my Epic 4G and it collects dirt/lint over time since I carry it in my pocket. Not a big deal at all to me.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have their case for the Nexus and the material is sort of a cross between the slick tpu and rubbery silicone. I carry it in my pocket and doesn't attract lint like the silicone cases.

Probably one of the nicer inexpensive cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did you ever do a good corner drop with the nexus while this case was on it ? If so how did it do ? If not do you think it could take a good corner drop ..?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
So Nik, which case do you like? lol! Why do you Long Island guys like to make things complicated!?!? :p
I feel that any tpu case in the $10-$20 range will do a great job .... I have had some corner drops on my Dinc with a $20 tpu case on and it still is going sting ..... Also little know fact bout long island guys ..... " all jerks "

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever do a good corner drop with the nexus while this case was on it ? If so how did it do ? If not do you think it could take a good corner drop ..?

I dropped it once from maybe 4 feet in my garage. No damage or marks. I don't think any of these slim cases offer great protection but better than nothing. I've used OB cases and even the commuter was too bulky for my tastes. I figure if I drop it from a place to need that sort of protection, I would rather just file for insurance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I feel that any tpu case in the $10-$20 range will do a great job .... I have had some corner drops on my Dinc with a $20 tpu case on and it still is going sting ..... Also little know fact bout long island guys ..... " all jerks "

What do you mean by "sting"?? Like a dent or scratch?! I have had the Seidio Active X case on my Epic 4G and it has protected my phone from a few drops and flings that its quite amazing that the phone is still functioning. I just took it off last week and noticed something though. There are scratches on the edges of the phone where the case and phone meet. I guess if you can't see it and protects the phone from damage, it shouldn't matter but I want a case that won't do that to my SGS3. I'm going to have this Diztronic case until Seidio comes out with their active x case. Until then, I will keep looking for "THAT" case!

Only Nassau has the jerks, lol!

mike86325#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the way this one looks and covers the phone, but it seems a bit thick on the phone compared to the rearth case. I have a case on my droid x that because of its thickness has rendered my side buttons slightly harder to easily press.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by "sting"?? Like a dent or scratch?! I have had the Seidio Active X case on my Epic 4G and it has protected my phone from a few drops and flings that its quite amazing that the phone is still functioning. I just took it off last week and noticed something though. There are scratches on the edges of the phone where the case and phone meet. I guess if you can't see it and protects the phone from damage, it shouldn't matter but I want a case that won't do that to my SGS3. I'm going to have this Diztronic case until Seidio comes out with their active x case. Until then, I will keep looking for "THAT" case!

Only Nassau has the jerks, lol!

Oh .... Sting is strong if you have a Dinc whose keyboard doesn't like to register 100% anymore. Nassau = jerk capital

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol