08-28-2012 04:28 PM
100 1234
tools
    I wanna buy 2 of these cases, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger..

do that have good protection?

I had an otterbox on my Droid X, while I knew it had great protection, it did make the phone more bulky than I liked (I did get used to it)....but really I just need good enough protection, I try to take care of my phone, but I do accidently drop it occasionally on hard floors
    06-24-2012 08:58 PM
    Just ordered the matte black and the clear (with no sparkles)... this is crazy I haven't even ordered the phone yet. I'll have my case ready when I step into the showroom though.

I have one of these on my GSII and its been fantastic. Survived several accidental drops and overall just makes the phone grippier. For the Epic Touch 4G they sold out rather quickly so I thought Id jump on it early. Thanks for the link.
    06-24-2012 09:49 PM
    Just ordered the matte black and the clear (with no sparkles)... this is crazy I haven't even ordered the phone yet. I'll have my case ready when I step into the showroom though.

I have one of these on my GSII and its been fantastic. Survived several accidental drops and overall just makes the phone grippier. For the Epic Touch 4G they sold out rather quickly so I thought Id jump on it early. Thanks for the link.
    I just ordered the matte black and I don't have the phone either, lol! I'm planning on walking into my store Sunday after my softball games and hoping they have one 32gb blue in stock. If not I'll just keep waiting till its available.
    06-24-2012 11:06 PM
    how much of a lint magnet are these?
    06-24-2012 11:26 PM
    I do not have a diztronic brand case but I do have a case which I believe is the same exact material and they are not a anything magnet .... The case style in this thread is my favorite.
    This case is not like the old black berry rubber cases if that's what you are thinking.
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    06-24-2012 11:36 PM
    Im not sure I follow. They're more or less a lightly textured soft semi stretchy plastic. They have a slight texture to them but they're still smooth. Mine has had no trouble with lint at all. You do eventually collect some dirt and dust inside over time but the case is easily removed and blown out clean.
    06-24-2012 11:40 PM
    Aren't most cases lint magnets as long as you put it in your pocket?!?!? Besides, I'd rather have a lil lint on my phone than a scratch/kink/dent/shattered screen/etc.....lol!
    06-24-2012 11:41 PM
    Im not sure I follow. They're more or less a lightly textured soft semi stretchy plastic. They have a slight texture to them but they're still smooth. Mine has had no trouble with lint at all. You do eventually collect some dirt and dust inside over time but the case is easily removed and blown out clean.
    Like a Seidio active X case?!?! I have one on my Epic 4G and it collects dirt/lint over time since I carry it in my pocket. Not a big deal at all to me.
    06-24-2012 11:43 PM
    I have their case for the Nexus and the material is sort of a cross between the slick tpu and rubbery silicone. I carry it in my pocket and doesn't attract lint like the silicone cases.

Probably one of the nicer inexpensive cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2012 11:45 PM
    I have their case for the Nexus and the material is sort of a cross between the slick tpu and rubbery silicone. I carry it in my pocket and doesn't attract lint like the silicone cases.

Probably one of the nicer inexpensive cases.

Did you ever do a good corner drop with the nexus while this case was on it ? If so how did it do ? If not do you think it could take a good corner drop ..?
    06-24-2012 11:55 PM
    So Nik, which case do you like? lol! Why do you Long Island guys like to make things complicated!?!?
    I feel that any tpu case in the $10-$20 range will do a great job .... I have had some corner drops on my Dinc with a $20 tpu case on and it still is going sting ..... Also little know fact bout long island guys ..... " all jerks "
    06-24-2012 11:59 PM
    Did you ever do a good corner drop with the nexus while this case was on it ? If so how did it do ? If not do you think it could take a good corner drop ..?
    I dropped it once from maybe 4 feet in my garage. No damage or marks. I don't think any of these slim cases offer great protection but better than nothing. I've used OB cases and even the commuter was too bulky for my tastes. I figure if I drop it from a place to need that sort of protection, I would rather just file for insurance.

06-25-2012 12:05 AM
    I feel that any tpu case in the $10-$20 range will do a great job .... I have had some corner drops on my Dinc with a $20 tpu case on and it still is going sting ..... Also little know fact bout long island guys ..... " all jerks "
    What do you mean by "sting"?? Like a dent or scratch?! I have had the Seidio Active X case on my Epic 4G and it has protected my phone from a few drops and flings that its quite amazing that the phone is still functioning. I just took it off last week and noticed something though. There are scratches on the edges of the phone where the case and phone meet. I guess if you can't see it and protects the phone from damage, it shouldn't matter but I want a case that won't do that to my SGS3. I'm going to have this Diztronic case until Seidio comes out with their active x case. Until then, I will keep looking for "THAT" case!

Only Nassau has the jerks, lol!
    06-25-2012 12:08 AM
    I like the way this one looks and covers the phone, but it seems a bit thick on the phone compared to the rearth case. I have a case on my droid x that because of its thickness has rendered my side buttons slightly harder to easily press.
    06-25-2012 02:19 AM
    What do you mean by "sting"?? Like a dent or scratch?! I have had the Seidio Active X case on my Epic 4G and it has protected my phone from a few drops and flings that its quite amazing that the phone is still functioning. I just took it off last week and noticed something though. There are scratches on the edges of the phone where the case and phone meet. I guess if you can't see it and protects the phone from damage, it shouldn't matter but I want a case that won't do that to my SGS3. I'm going to have this Diztronic case until Seidio comes out with their active x case. Until then, I will keep looking for "THAT" case!

Only Nassau has the jerks, lol!
    Oh .... Sting is strong if you have a Dinc whose keyboard doesn't like to register 100% anymore. Nassau = jerk capital
    06-25-2012 03:25 AM
    Aren't most cases lint magnets as long as you put it in your pocket?!?!? Besides, I'd rather have a lil lint on my phone than a scratch/kink/dent/shattered screen/etc.....lol!
    Yup. I just meant like how some cases (silicone) would come out of your pocket coated with lint. Sounds like these don't do that though.
    06-25-2012 06:38 AM
    in for pics of matte black on pebble blue and also any info on thickness and/or ease of side button usage
    repertoire likes this.
    06-25-2012 04:26 PM
    in for pics of matte black on pebble blue and also any info on thickness and/or ease of side button usage
    While ordering, saw that someone else posted a couple of pics of the blue with the matte black.

Customer Image Gallery for Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon and International Carriers) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]
    06-25-2012 04:43 PM
    Got my cases already!

Ordered this past Saturday and they shipped an hour after ordering. Got them in the mail today (Monday).

They look great on my invisible phone!
    06-25-2012 05:22 PM
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

One thing that is turning me off from this case is that it seems that it is only matte on the back of the phone, while the front half of the case is a gloss black.
    06-25-2012 05:24 PM
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

One thing that is turning me off from this case is that it seems that it is only matte on the back of the phone, while the front half of the case is a gloss black.
    I was a little hesitant about this as well when I was getting one for the nexus. But in person, it's not as cheesy as it seems. It is actually quite well done. I will say that I got one where the gloss overlay (it looks like it's just a glossy film) wasn't applied correctly. I contacted them and they sent out a replacement the next day.
    06-25-2012 10:06 PM
    mine arrived today. fits well but tore my zagg off the screen
    06-25-2012 10:32 PM
    Got my cases already!

Ordered this past Saturday and they shipped an hour after ordering. Got them in the mail today (Monday).

Ha ha, same here. I bought one for my wife. She wanted to know when the phone's coming.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
    06-25-2012 11:12 PM
    Got my cases already!

Heyyy, I have an invisible phone too thats waiting for the same case! What a small world! lol
    06-25-2012 11:21 PM
    I have to say I'm absolutely in love with their customer service. After ordering last night I decided I wanted two clear cases instead of one matte black and one clear so I tried to cancel the order through amazon. They emailed me twice the next morning to confirm the changes to my order and present me with options and that it would be shipping that same day.

Man its gonna be rough having these cases ready and waiting for phones.
    06-25-2012 11:28 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD