4 questions for anyone who has one now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
1 if you have auto brightness off and you touch and hold in the top left corner does the brightness change? How about touching the top right?

2 if you have the NA lte version does it have glonass as well as GPS?

3 what is the minimum focus in normal focus mode. (im getting a scanbox on kickstarter and im hoping it will work.)

4 GPS lock and accuracy? How good is it?

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about any other carriers sgs3. I certainly don't care about the xynos one either. This was specific to verizon. :mad:

Please put this back.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about any other carriers sgs3. I certainly don't care about the xynos one either. This was specific to verizon. :mad:

Please put this back.

This is silly because no one has one for Verizon so starting a thread like this while no one has one and then get upset when it's moved to a section where people do have them is even more silly. Tell me, when were you expecting to get an answer. Surely wasn't anytime soon making the thread pointless.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
1 if you have auto brightness off and you touch and hold in the top left corner does the brightness change? How about touching the top right?

3 what is the minimum focus in normal focus mode. (im getting a scanbox on kickstarter and im hoping it will work.)

4 GPS lock and accuracy? How good is it?
All of the above wouldn't be specific to a carrier so could be answered by anyone with the device.
2 if you have the NA lte version does it have glonass as well as GPS?
While the device isn't out, this one is easy. Per the FCC documents, no. There is no glonass capability. Sammy didnt list it in the HAC key features declaration, the fact the FCC didn't test it, coupled with the radio schematics not showing a glonass radio, we can pretty safely put this one to bed.

Cheers!

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Please put this back.

Since those of us WITH GS3s could have answered most of your questions, that was why it was moved.

But when you act like that, you can get less answers.

Last edited:

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
All of the above wouldn't be specific to a carrier so could be answered by anyone with the device.

While the device isn't out, this one is easy. Per the FCC documents, no. There is no glonass capability. Sammy didnt list it in the HAC key features declaration, the fact the FCC didn't test it, coupled with the radio schematics not showing a glonass radio, we can pretty safely put this one to bed.

Cheers!

Sad Face

This is one feature in the international version that I was really hoping would make it into the LTE version here in North America.

GPS + GLONASS has been working perfectlyl for the S3 peeps in Europe. It would have been awesome to have here as well

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
the htc 1 has the same krait processor (msm 8960) and the gpsOneGen 8A includes glonass. I remain hopeful that someone with a VZ version will respond. There are some people with them already, review units and such.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Since those of us WITH GS3s could have answered most of your questions, that was why it was moved.

But when you act like that, you can get less answers.

if I seemed petulant it was because my specific post in the forum I put it was modded for no reason. I won't be buying from any other carrier since my 30-50 gig a month on LTE can't be handled by them, and i don't care if tmo, sprint, or att versions have it enabled or not. I only care specifically about the vzw version which is why I posted there.

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
if I seemed petulant it was because my specific post in the forum I put it was modded for no reason. I won't be buying from any other carrier since my 30-50 gig a month on LTE can't be handled by them, and i don't care if tmo, sprint, or att versions have it enabled or not. I only care specifically about the vzw version which is why I posted there.

All carrier versions are the same so.......

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Your thread was moved because no one has a Verizon GSIII yet.. which would mean no one can answer your questions... Since most of the questions are not carrier specific.. your post was moved in order to help you get your answers by members who actually have the phone in their hands.

If you really would like your post in the Verizon section... Here you go:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/183867-4-questions-anyone-who-has-one-now.html
Hopefully most of your questions have already been answered.. enjoy the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy