For those that know or have an S3 currently, I was just sort of curious of a few things about S-Voice. I've fiddled around with Siri on the iPhone and while I still don't see it being a "regular" thing I'd use, there were a few things I tried out to see what it's capabilities were and a few in particular caught my attention and was curious if S-Voice matches:

• For setting alarm, can you create a name for the alarm and also tell it to be an recurring alarm or what day you want the alarm for? (i.e. Set alarm a recurring alarm for 9:00 am called work
    • Can you turn on mobile hotspot (Siri does NOT do this or any other settings... I just want to know lol)
    06-22-2012 09:51 PM
    I haven't found a lot of useful things I can do with S-Voice yet. I will say that if you tell it:

"You're stupid."

It will respond with:

"I'm sorry you feel that way."
    06-25-2012 03:26 PM
    Lol
    06-25-2012 03:55 PM
    I was using Vlingo on my BlackBerry quite a bit prior to my switch to the Galaxy S3 this weekend. S Voice is OEM'd from Vlingo, correct?

One thing in particular that I really liked was the ability to dictate (accurately) short text messages. I found that if you spoke clearly with a slight pause between words, the accuracy was probably greater than 95%. Using Vlingo, if I was in the SMS app, with the cursor at the location to type a reply, and activated Vlingo, it would return its answer to what I dictated, for me to doublecheck first, with a "Paste" button. Tap that, hit send and you were done. S-Voice doesn't seem to be willing to work within the SMS app like that. Any suggestions? (And I don't REALLY want to get out of the app, and say "send a message to _______ about ____________________________. So much more chance to go wrong that way, plus harder to carry on a conversation with multiple answers.
    06-25-2012 04:13 PM
    I was using Vlingo on my BlackBerry quite a bit prior to my switch to the Galaxy S3 this weekend. S Voice is OEM'd from Vlingo, correct?

One thing in particular that I really liked was the ability to dictate (accurately) short text messages. I found that if you spoke clearly with a slight pause between words, the accuracy was probably greater than 95%. Using Vlingo, if I was in the SMS app, with the cursor at the location to type a reply, and activated Vlingo, it would return its answer to what I dictated, for me to doublecheck first, with a "Paste" button. Tap that, hit send and you were done. S-Voice doesn't seem to be willing to work within the SMS app like that. Any suggestions? (And I don't REALLY want to get out of the app, and say "send a message to _______ about ____________________________. So much more chance to go wrong that way, plus harder to carry on a conversation with multiple answers.
    No one knows a way to use S Voice to speak and paste into an open SMS with S Voice?
    06-26-2012 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD