Help a Brother out!

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
White phones for females??? That sounds ignorant. I picked the white phone because im not a fan of the blue and white to me looks sleek & sexy. I also have black cases for it for full disclosure

Sent from my ADR6300

Ignorant? Someone is a little touchy this morning. Seems like a major phone manufacture marketed white phones to females in the past. Unless you think they did no market research then you'd have to agree that females do or did choose white phones over other colors.

"Debut i856w Slider Phone For Women

Looking to grab the attention of fashion-savvy women, Boost Mobile's Debut i856w cell phone adds stylish ivory coloring and flattering design touches to the original i856, which was its first slider model.
The Motorola Debut i856w provides one-touch instant access to a built-in camera with video capture and playback directly on the face of the phone, in addition to multi-media features including a music player and threaded text messaging.

"We expect Motorola Debut i856w to appeal to female consumers who desire contemporary style and superior value from their wireless phone," said Neil Lindsay, chief marketing officer at Boost Mobile, the Sprint division that offers wireless phones and services with no contracts or activation fees."

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
White phones for females??? That sounds ignorant. I picked the white phone because im not a fan of the blue and white to me looks sleek & sexy. I also have black cases for it for full disclosure

Sent from my ADR6300

I wouldn't take it personal. Paint it neon orange and donate it to me and I'd proudly carry it without a case .... the outside color and strangers opinions don't change the fact you both own the current cellular "king of the hill"

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Get the white one
Sig.jpg

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ignorant? Someone is a little touchy this morning. Seems like a major phone manufacture marketed white phones to females in the past. Unless you think they did no market research then you'd have to agree that females do or did choose white phones over other colors.

"Debut i856w Slider Phone For Women

Looking to grab the attention of fashion-savvy women, Boost Mobile's Debut i856w cell phone adds stylish ivory coloring and flattering design touches to the original i856, which was its first slider model.
The Motorola Debut i856w provides one-touch instant access to a built-in camera with video capture and playback directly on the face of the phone, in addition to multi-media features including a music player and threaded text messaging.

"We expect Motorola Debut i856w to appeal to female consumers who desire contemporary style and superior value from their wireless phone," said Neil Lindsay, chief marketing officer at Boost Mobile, the Sprint division that offers wireless phones and services with no contracts or activation fees."

While for this point your focusing on the color, their main focus was shedding industrial designs and giving a softer more friendly contemporary look/feel to the phone aesthetically. Colors, especially ones like white black blue etc, aren't gender specific. The baby phat Nextel phones were very gender specific coloring.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
"There was a questionnaire on Macforum.com that asked iPhone users to state what color iPhone they have and what their gender was. The questionnaire had some surprising results.

Iphone
Male with Black iPhone: 106 people or 53.54%
Male with White iPhone: 72 people or 36.36%
Female with Black iPhone: 10 people or 5.05%
Female with White iPhone: 10 people or 5.05%"

Note the only 36% of the men responding had white iPhones while 50% of the women responding had white iPhones.

I could care less what color phone anyone chooses. I merely stated that my perception is that white phones are more feminine. I have provided data to support that perception.

source:White iPhone 4 Vs Black iPhone 4: Is It a Gender Thing? | iPad iPod iPhone

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of leaning towards the blue, I've had a white blackberry bold 9700 and had a black iPhone 4 which was later changed to white. I like blue in all but with a metallic look but a plastic feel it makes the phone seem cheap, but the white one looks like every other phone on the market, people won't be able to differ from my Samsung with say a white blackberry torch or white iPhone

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a blue one, I would go with blue as well if I were you, in real life it doesn't look cheap, it looks pretty cool and quite different.

Some of the online pics make it look cheap but in real life you notice the quality of the device and it looks really good.

Okay basically the phone comes out for me on June 27th. I saw two dummie phones at a Bestbuy and I'm not sure which colour to get. I know I'm going to get a lot of responses such as "get whichever you like more" but that doesn't help at all.

I like the blue one, especially since I can put an invisible shield on it and not have to worry about the shield turning blue from my jeans since my device is already blue. But to me it seems like the blue one can look cheap sometimes.

The white one looks good too but if I put a zagg screen shield it will turn blue. But most people have a lot of white devices so my brand new phone won't stand out.

Help me decide which phone colour to choose! I know this sounds really stupid but I can't decide at all.

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys mind adding pictures of the blue and white? I always see videos or pictures on websites and the white one looks super white or almost silver and the blue always looks like it's purple, light blue or dark blue. Adding pictures would help a lot

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, check this out it may be of interest to someone

cnn . cn/shop/samsung-i9300-galaxy-black-battery-cover-with-gunmetal-metal-insert-p-15873.html

The replacement titanium silver battery cover would look awesome on a blue GS3

I think I'm going to order one

PS mods, if i'm not allowed to post a link please delete it

Thanks

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
How come I can't access the site? I removed all the spaces.

Blaaah there seems to be so many different versions of the blue, I don't know which is the real one :(

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I dont know about yall but when people say they dont want their screen protector to turn blue I find it weird. I usually blame the jeans. So dont change your mind on the phone color you want because of blue dye in your jeans. Try to change jeans and not wear jeans that rub off.lol. And I think white is sexier, classier, and less cheap looking. Even though Im getting blue :-\

What I really want to know is how is a white phone going to turn blue from your jeans? Look at the inside of your pockets, I'm willing to bet they aren't blue. If they are then quit buying $5 jeans. Seriously, whose jeans don't have white pockets? Some may have letters on them or whatever but there is no way your jean pockets are blue so what the heck are you so worried about? :confused:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What I really want to know is how is a white phone going to turn blue from your jeans? Look at the inside of your pockets, I'm willing to bet they aren't blue. If they are then quit buying $5 jeans. Seriously, whose jeans don't have white pockets? Some may have letters on them or whatever but there is no way your jean pockets are blue so what the heck are you so worried about? :confused:

I think it turned blue from putting the phone in their back pocket.