Can anyone please let me know if pop up play video works with you tube?
    06-23-2012 03:22 PM
    While i certainly hope so, the way this works is by using specific libs when building specific apps. Thats an assumption but any other implementation method would be significantly more complex. Soo they probably did this to their browser and media player but modifying the youtube app would probably be frowned upon and provide an update nightmare everytime google updates. So, i doubt it

I'm very strongly opinionated about things like this pop out player. Software functionality and features made to the framework, or even things like this, should all be open source and submitted for possible inclusion to AOSP, or included in developer tools (like this). OEMs can keep UIs closed source, but that would turn the device wars focus directly onto who makes the best hardware. Improving the source helps potentially hundreds of millions of people and also gives us better phone hardware. Thank god for the community, pingpongboss just released open source libs for all devs to use when building pop out functionality into their app. I'm not alone either, team hacksung got mad enough to turn the battle into an open source project.. Clicking features on that site will show all the planned projects down the left hand side of the screen.
    Forgetful likes this.
    06-23-2012 03:38 PM
    I am not hands on with the device.... However i do remember reading about pop and play and there was a warning at the bottom stating that it did not work on youtube or hulu.
    06-23-2012 04:03 PM
    If I remember it only works with videos stored locally.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 04:13 PM
    No but super video will work for YouTube videos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 04:16 PM
    No but super video will work for YouTube videos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    what is super video?
    06-23-2012 04:19 PM
    what is super video?
    Free media player from the market with pop out functionally and uses the YouTube API.
    06-23-2012 04:26 PM
    Oh .... Well let me take a tasty little look at it then ... Thanks
    06-23-2012 05:57 PM
    I am not hands on with the device.... However i do remember reading about pop and play and there was a warning at the bottom stating that it did not work on youtube or hulu.
    I read the same thing.
    06-25-2012 12:38 PM
    I remember reading that it worked only with stored videos too. Is it possible for it to work with youtube in future software updates?
    06-26-2012 12:29 PM
    Some apps are beginning to build in the popup feature

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    06-26-2012 01:06 PM
    it also works with videos streamed through the native player. ie. m.tvcatchup.com or youjizz.com and I presume with all sites that can open the stream through native player.
    06-26-2012 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD