Here is a LINK

Just wondering if it works...

I was told Sprint blocked it from the Play Store...but when has that stopped us?...
    ....So sprint users will have to go HERE

I'd do it myself...but I ordered the 32gb version

This is one of the reasons i root....so if this works...I may not root for awhile

....we'll see

thanks in advance!
    cldoobie likes this.
    06-24-2012 01:57 AM
    So I went the extra mile for you. Lol. I tried to hook my iPad up to it though. First using the wifi tether. It didnt work. So I activated the bluetooth but to tether to the Ipad through bluetooth you needed to download this package in cydia. Luckily my iPad is jailbroken but when I went to cydia the package would not download. So for rightnow... With my iPad this thing is a bust. Also tried the wifi tether with my Palm Pre, didnt work. I will try my laptop for you tomorrow though. But I doubt it will work.

By the way, sprint has a mobile hotspot on here. And noone asked me if I wanted to buy it or anything so I am starting to wonder if it is a free service?
    06-24-2012 02:30 AM
    I've used it before when I had my note. it worked great, connected my mac to it multiple times, no complaints here.
    06-24-2012 08:56 AM
    I used it with my GNote (AT&T) and a laptop PC and it worked as advertised.
    06-24-2012 08:58 AM
    I have it working fine with my Sister's EPIC 4G Touch. No problems whatsoever. It is not rooted and connects her laptop.
    06-24-2012 03:41 PM
    I tried it today with my Sprint S III and Xoom tablet (unrooted ICS) and Kindle Fire. Neither the Xoom nor the Fire could connect via Wi-Fi but I got the Xoom connected via Bluetooth. But with no LTE service available, it is a slooooow line.

Dave
    06-24-2012 05:40 PM
    I use it to tether my PS Vita to my phone but I always have a custom ROM applied. I hear good things about the CWM tether app but you have to dongle your phone.

Sent from my MB870 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 06:10 PM
    I use it on my unrooted Nexus to tether my Kindle Fire without any problems. It won't work for me over EvdoA, but if I turn LTE on, even without a true 4g connection , I get Ehrpd. The fire then connects easily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2012 06:21 PM
    So...so far no GS3 love without a BT connection...hmm maybe a note to the developer, but not until I get my 32g S3 and try messing with it myself
    06-24-2012 07:40 PM
    @tkbredx
    Which cydia package are you trying to download? I also have a jailbroken iPad and the s3 is in the mail, so trying to figure if I need to root the s3.
    09-19-2012 08:40 PM
    I use it with my transformer prime and my sony laptop....no problem
    09-19-2012 09:26 PM
    On Verizon here but I love Foxfi. Works great. Also for those of you on verizon you can just get a switch widget and add a switch for the hotspot - also works.
    09-19-2012 09:57 PM
    on 3 (Three) network (carrier in UK) they can detect tethering via Foxfi on an unrooted phone (they throttled my shortys data connection)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-19-2012 10:07 PM
    I have a question. Let me know if i'm thinking right. Thanks.

I currently have an jailbroken Ipad3 ios5 tethering on my S3 unrooted. I think Foxfi tethering will work on Ipads only if Ipads are jailbroken. My wish now is to be able to update my Ipad3 from ios5 to ios6. But if I do the update, my Ipad will no longer be jailbroken and thus won't be able to do Foxfi tethering, until there's jailbreaking on ios6 available.

So, if I want to still use tethering on my Ipad NOW, I should not do the ios update. Correct? Thanks.
    10-08-2012 05:03 PM
    Just downloaded foxfi on my new SGSIII (AT&T brand). Everything working good. Don't know if AT&T can detect it, but we'll see what happens.

P.S. I'm keeping it turned off, until i absolutely need it. I've got a router at home, so it's all good.
    10-10-2012 09:20 PM
    Just downloaded foxfi on my new SGSIII (AT&T brand). Everything working good. Don't know if AT&T can detect it, but we'll see what happens.

P.S. I'm keeping it turned off, until i absolutely need it. I've got a router at home, so it's all good.
    are you un-rooted?
    let us know if you get "caught" mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 04:09 AM
    are you un-rooted?
    let us know if you get "caught" mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Will do. I'm unrooted. Strait out of the box, this is the sweetest phone that i've ever owned.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-11-2012 07:54 AM
    How did you get it to tether, did you have to download anything speacial. I have been trying for the longest with no luck. Please advise.
    10-22-2012 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD