Seidio vs Otterbox

corychevalier

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I am looking into getting a case that works well with a holster and I usually get seidio but I hear people love the otterbox cases too (since I need a holster I guess it would be the defender I'm looking at). Anybody have any input on seidio vs otterbox or any advice on which one is better.

Also any idea if one is thicker than the other....definitely want to keep the slim design of the phone.

Last, any other cases that people like that work with holsters?

Thanks
Cory

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the OB site. I ordered the Defender because I am too old fashioned and don't put phones in my pocket as electronics don't like dust and lint. The Defender is already on backorder on Amazon though I ordered mine June 18 before my pre-order arrived on June 21. Hopefully, it will arrive Wednesday of this week.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was a Seidio case fan for quite a while and I thought their cases were the best. That being after seeing the bumper and gel cases at mall kiosk and at the phone stores.I did order one Siedio active case which fell apart towards the end of 14 month. I had to pay 19.00 for a replacement piece that broke and because it was over the one year warranty. I then bout the Seido convert combo which I also liked ,but it fit slightly loose when handling but offered great protection .I reordered the convert combo again for the new Evo4GLTE and after waiting past 10 days. It still did not arrive the day I bought the new phone I went to Sprint to see if they had any new cases for it and all they had was otter box cases and the bumper type . I decided to get the ob defender and not real keen on the front screen cover which comes with it. I used it for a few days and I t grew on me so well I decided to keep it on for the everyday use. If fits like a glove and really does not add any bulk . A week later when the convert case finally came in, I put it on the phone to give it a try . I used it for a short try , but It did not fit as snug and seem to have more bulk than the ob defender . So took it back off for the ob defender. I'm totally sold on the defender and I recently saw they are making water proof cases now. Which I think will be my next jump once it is available. They currently have one for the iPhone which someone posted in the forums and it looks really tuff. All said I prefer the otter box case for tight for and protection. :p

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Last edited:

nexsin

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Im a big fan of the seido surface case and holster combo. ive had it on my bolt ever since getting it and its worked out really well. It fits the phone tightly and gives a good amount of protection without making the phone feel like a tank (im not a huge fan of that) so it works out well for me.

Ive never used an otterbox so can't give my opinion there.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I want to try the Seidio Convert myself.
They do have the surface case available in black. You can do that with a holster and add the convert later.

This would work well for me. Convert case at work, then just the surface at home and on weekends. Both holsters if I feel like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Seidio is thin and mildly protective. Otterbox is thick and bulky and more protective. All depends on what you want. Both are excellent.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Seidio is thin and mildly protective. Otterbox is thick and bulky and more protective. All depends on what you want. Both are excellent.

This is my first otter box defender case and its actually slimmer than the Seidio convert case.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I swear by the Commuter. I've tried a couple Seidio's and the Otterbox just feels a bit more..."quality." Their customer service department is awesome too, which always helps.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is my first otter box defender case and its actually slimmer than the Seidio convert case.

The Convert case is their bulkier more protective line. I was talking about the Surface case which is much thinner but less protective.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I was comparing the Seidio Surface to pretty much any Otterbox. Seidio does have thicker, more protective cases though.

If you compare the similar models (Reflex/Surface, Commuter/Active, Defender/Convert), which I think makes the most sense, they are pretty much the same. Or at the very least, a more fair comparison.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I must admit....I'm really liking the way the OtterBox Defender is looking on the SGS3!! It looks sleek and well protected but exactly how much bulk is it adding to the phone?!?! I would like to see it in person to see if I like it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used the Seidio cases since having the blackberry curve 8300 many, many phones ago. I like the surface combo but had the active combo with kickstand for my galaxy note. They did not make the surface case for the GNote for some reason.

The surface offers good protection and is thinner than the active. Waiting on a coupon before I order because they sure are proud of them based on the price.

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Where and how often do you usually see the Seidio coupons? Great case but a little pricey.

And that third little hard plastic piece that resembles an x and secures the rubber snuggly on the phone cost $20.00 if it cracks or breaks.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
And that third little hard plastic piece that resembles an x and secures the rubber snuggly on the phone cost $20.00 if it cracks or breaks.

I'm going with the Surface case so a little easier on the wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20