How do I transfer music from PC to GS3??

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
When I connect my gs3 to my windows pc it recognizes it but the usual method I use to put music from the laptop to my phone isn't working with the gs3. When I try to drag and drop the album into music it doesn't work, when I try to copy it from the music player to sd or phone memory it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an SD card installed? Does your computer have a card reader. Again if so, remove the memory card from the phone and install it in the computers card reader. Create a music folder on your memory card and copy your music to it. Remove the card from your computer and put it back in your phone. I put 15gb of music on my phone this way and to works without a hitch. I find it easier to move files from my computer to the phone this way. Especially if you have a lot of files to move.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i have tried both methods described above with no issues. Kies was a breeze for me

i have also connected the GS3 via USB and copied files to it.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
A few questions about Kies:
Is it good for transferring large amounts of music at once? I want to put about 10gb of music on my S3.

Will it save it to the sd card or the phone memory?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I keep each music album in a separate folder on my PC. To move them to the S3 I simply used a USB cable, let the PC Win7 install the drivers, then dragged each folder to my ext-sd card (if you only have the preinstalled card that works too). The Sammy music player found them all and played them perfectly.
The instructions are provided on the phone when you first open the stock music player app.

Reactions: DianeR

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't take the card out of the phone. You'll be asking for trouble. Cards get fried that way.
Instead, use ES file explorer. Great program

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just use Google music! You can upload any songs to it. As long as it has it on Google Music you can listen to it from the cloud. (Desktop or mobile device!) I find Kies to be a pain in the ass. plus if you go with the Google Music your not stuck finding a new answer when or if you no longer own a Samsung device.

Dave Wright

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Use Kies for Windows or for Mac to transfer the files.

Kies is rubbish. i have been try to transfer photo FOLDERS from my PC to my S3 but it keeps going on about FILE transfer and duplicated files...... i just want to tick a check box and upload it as i used to be able to do with itunes
any ideas??

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Kies is rubbish. i have been try to transfer photo FOLDERS from my PC to my S3 but it keeps going on about FILE transfer and duplicated files...... i just want to tick a check box and upload it as i used to be able to do with itunes
any ideas??
Yes, Kies is a mess.
Use ES file explorer. It will read your network files.
It really is a nice program.

Cherie Hoffpauir

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for introducing me to Google Music! Another amazing Google product that is so easy to use! I'm in the middle of uploading everything from iTunes and I'm still able to listen on my phone while uploading!

auntypizza

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ya reckon he/she'd be asking for help if it worked? I can't drag and drop either so keep your useless comments to yourself.
We shouldn't have to read through non-useful replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs