Anyone else starting to give up getting the SIII

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'm probably the minority here, but I was wondering if anybody else was in the same boat or if I'm rowing solo. I was initially on the fence about the S3 or the LTEvo. I decided to go with the S3 but it was too late to preorder the 32GB White one. So I figured I'd wait it out and get one in-store as I did with my OG Evo. Now with all these delays and uncertainties, I find myself wondering if I can actually wait it out until October (Note 2). I know there will always be the "maybe I should wait to get the next best phone," however, I would have got this phone if it would've been in stores when it was originally supposed to.
Every day I try to find something online that gives a hint about when it may come out. And everyday I am let down. Still, with each day that passes it gets closer to October. I can see this delay lasting at least into the 1st week of July. And who knows if a local store would even have any left by the time I get there. I'm sure in August they will be in full stock. But that would be only 2 months left for me to wait. I've waited over 2 months since I was able to upgrade, I think I can force myself to wait another 2 months. I know the Note is not for everyone, but I think that all these delays and such may cost them some customers (though they'd be getting me with the Note 2).

jppowers

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I was the first person to pre order in my store (Best Buy), which still hasn't gotten any S3's, let alone the white 16 on at&t I ordered. I've been itching SO bad to get rid of this Evo I considered the One X, but I know the S3 is a better bet because of the universal accessories alone.

awesomedeals88

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way. I'm calling different stores to see when this phone will be available. I'm willing to buy this phone at full retail price since I don't qualify for an upgrade. I don't mind paying full retail price for this phone and selling my epic touch. Shame on Samsung for causing this delay. For each passing day, I am slowly starting to lose the hype. Not sure what phone will be coming out within the next couple of months. I don't think there will be anything comparable to the samsung galaxy iii or better within 2 months. Hurry up Samsung. My Epic Touch is outdated and looking forward to put the latest technology to use.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Shame on Samsung for causing this delay.

That's right!!! SHAME on Samsung for introducing a heavyweight Android phone that's being called the "iPhone beater" by some analysts. SHAME on Samsung for introducing a phone which was so well received that it generated the same kind of hype and preorder craze that before we've only seen with iPhones. SHAME on Samsung for being so successful with the S3 launch that they find themselves in the same backorder & manufacturing squeeze that's been characteristic only of iPhones. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME! :confused:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you should wait for the Note 2.

That way, when it is announced in Oct. but not actually released until the beginning of Nov. you can wring your hands and lament the imminent release of the next rumored phone that will occur months after the Note 2, because you know there will be one just a few short months after Nov and you know the rumors will be flying from Droid-Life and all the other rumor-sites about how it is just going to be awesome and crush the abilities of the Note 2?

Seriously though, if you?re cross shopping this phone, which will be available in a couple days, with a phone that is still completely a rumor and likely not going to be available for another 5 months *and* is in an altogether different size bracket, then it sounds like you don?t really have a need for a new phone or a compelling desire for this phone in particular.

Go buy a new vacuum to quench your gadget lust and wait it out for a couple months. ?Oh, and when late Oct rolls around, go buy a water pick or something to help you get over the lust again until the next best rumor surfaces.

-Suntan

Reactions: Shepx13

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving up on it
Sig.jpg

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Nah...ive been anticipating the phone for long enough that a couple of days didn't kill the "hype" I had for the phone. If this delay is killing your hype, maybe you're better off waiting for a phone that won't be damn near an impulse buy with a 2 week "hype" window. If that's the Note II, then by all means, wait for that. I don't buy the whole "there's always something better" argument because in alot of cases when people are horizon shopping, its because they are lowering expectations for instant gratification instead of keeping standards for a longer wait. I wasn't planning on jumping back in the android game until a phone like the gsIII came out. Probably wont budge from this phone until a great nexus phone or a suitable successor to the gsIII is out either.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting patiently. But that's because I have an LG Spectrum I bought new off ebay four months ago. I had no plans to replace it, but when Verizon came out with their Family Share plans I felt I needed to upgrade one last time to keep grandfathered data.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting a new phone again. But it's not like I'm in desperate need of one...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Damn I really consider myself lucky. I pre ordered on the first day, albeit in the evening, and I had both of my GS3s on the 22nd. My buddy ed and moaned to AT&T about the poor something on his GS2, so they sold him the GS3 for 179!!!! He got his on the 21st. Mind you, he got the GS2 for free (2 of them actually, they accidentally sent 2) when he complained about how crappy the reception on his iPhone 4S is. I know...the boy has skills! LOL

So far, there are 4 of us in the county that seem to have these phones, we asked everywhere and are usually asked to proof that we have one. Good fun, no doubt.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'm probably the minority here, but I was wondering if anybody else was in the same boat or if I'm rowing solo. I was initially on the fence about the S3 or the LTEvo. I decided to go with the S3 but it was too late to preorder the 32GB White one. So I figured I'd wait it out and get one in-store as I did with my OG Evo. Now with all these delays and uncertainties, I find myself wondering if I can actually wait it out until October (Note 2). I know there will always be the "maybe I should wait to get the next best phone," however, I would have got this phone if it would've been in stores when it was originally supposed to.
Every day I try to find something online that gives a hint about when it may come out. And everyday I am let down. Still, with each day that passes it gets closer to October. I can see this delay lasting at least into the 1st week of July. And who knows if a local store would even have any left by the time I get there. I'm sure in August they will be in full stock. But that would be only 2 months left for me to wait. I've waited over 2 months since I was able to upgrade, I think I can force myself to wait another 2 months. I know the Note is not for everyone, but I think that all these delays and such may cost them some customers (though they'd be getting me with the Note 2).

Holy crap... it's just a damn phone... relax! You're acting as if somebody is denying you food or water.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Not giving up, just got my VZW ship date of two weeks from yesterday, as originally promised when I ordered it. I am, however, starting to get cold feet as I'm finding out about this itunes, I mean Kies, program they use for their interface... I'm thinking of stopping by a VZW store tonight just to play with a Razr. Still just thinking...

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Not giving up, just got my VZW ship date of two weeks from yesterday, as originally promised when I ordered it. I am, however, starting to get cold feet as I'm finding out about this itunes, I mean Kies, program they use for their interface... I'm thinking of stopping by a VZW store tonight just to play with a Razr. Still just thinking...

Dude, this isn't Apple where you are forced to use itunes no matter what. Kies I believe is for people who don't really understand how to transfer files to their phone so its an easy alternative for them to use. I just drag and drop whatever I want. You have options here ya know!

Reactions: anon(181017)

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Dude, this isn't Apple where you are forced to use itunes no matter what. Kies I believe is for people who don't really understand how to transfer files to their phone so its an easy alternative for them to use. I just drag and drop whatever I want. You have options here ya know!

Yeah, I figured it was still optional to use... thanks for the reassurance! Sounds like Kies IS the only way to update firmware though...?