Galaxy s3 in Canada

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
For those in Vancouver who haven't pre-ordered, the Telus store on Georgia & Thurlow aren't receiving any and the Bell store on Robson & Thurlow are only receiving 4 :(

BankZ_89

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just received a e-mail from Telus..

"Dear ......,

Your Samsung Galaxy S III™ is almost here. Please look out for another email from us with details about the shipping tracking number and estimated arrival time of your new phone.

You have an outstanding Device Balance

Your current phone has a Device Balance of $xxx.xx. To upgrade to the new Samsung Galaxy S III™ , you will need to pay your outstanding Device Balance. The charge for your current Device Balance will appear on your TELUS monthly bill after you activate your new Samsung phone.

To learn more about Device Balance and how it is calculated, click here. If you want to cancel your pre-order or you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you,
The TELUS Team"

Hopefully a tracking numbers comes tonight or early tomorrow :)

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received a e-mail from Telus..

"Dear ......,

Your Samsung Galaxy S III? is almost here. Please look out for another email from us with details about the shipping tracking number and estimated arrival time of your new phone.

You have an outstanding Device Balance

Your current phone has a Device Balance of $xxx.xx. To upgrade to the new Samsung Galaxy S III? , you will need to pay your outstanding Device Balance. The charge for your current Device Balance will appear on your TELUS monthly bill after you activate your new Samsung phone.

To learn more about Device Balance and how it is calculated, click here. If you want to cancel your pre-order or you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you,
The TELUS Team"

Hopefully a tracking numbers comes tonight or early tomorrow :)

Unfortunately, I received that same email on June 6th. I ordered the phone on the 31st of may. I still hope to get my tracking # soon though. Acording to loyalty and retention, it should be sent out tomorrow as stock permits. What did everyone order 16 or 32? Blue or White? Just wondering.

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you a dealer? I ask because you said arrive at your store...

lol no. When you pre-order with Rogers you get to pick a store it ships to when you're ready to go get it. The tracking number they sent me is giving me an error... "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later" What gives?

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
lol no. When you pre-order with Rogers you get to pick a store it ships to when you're ready to go get it. The tracking number they sent me is giving me an error... "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later" What gives?

typical buck passing. Ironically, just received an email from Bell saying that th s3 will be released tomorrow and to come to their store to get one...I'm with Telus.:confused:

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Telus and my wife went to get her upgrade today (she's getting an S2 since the Nexus is being retired with Telus) and the store confirmed they have them in stock locked away so I called Telus for a few things I wanted to check on and the lady told me for pre-orders the phone will be shipped on the release date so it could still be 3-5 days before I receive my handset.

Why in the world would anyone pre-order if it guarantees you will get your phone last. :mad:

I am also moving from Blackberry and this will be my first Android device so I hope the transition will be smooth, however I a prett geeky person so I assume it should be pretty easy.

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Telus and my wife went to get her upgrade today (she's getting an S2 since the Nexus is being retired with Telus) and the store confirmed they have them in stock locked away so I called Telus for a few things I wanted to check on and the lady told me for pre-orders the phone will be shipped on the release date so it could still be 3-5 days before I receive my handset.

Why in the world would anyone pre-order if it guarantees you will get your phone last. :mad:

I am also moving from Blackberry and this will be my first Android device so I hope the transition will be smooth, however I a prett geeky person so I assume it should be pretty easy.

I was told basically the same thing. The did tell me that I could go get one from a store and they would credit me back my preorder money. :confused:

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Really defeats the purpose of pre-ordering if you can't get it first right when it comes out. Regardless, I'm going by the store tomorrow and if I can get one then without paying some ridiculous penalty, I will.

BankZ_89

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got another update from Telus :D :D :D

"Hello ..........,

We wanted to let you know that your order [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] has been shipped.

Order date: June 26, 2012
Courier: PUROLATOR
Tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Track your package [hyperlink]

Shipping address

[address]

Order contents
Phone 1 1 Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB - 3 year term
1 TELUS V3 Micro SIM Card
1 Welcome Letter"

Hopefully I will receive it this evening or tomorrow. Will update upon arrival. :)

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the email with tracking #. Its on the truck on its way to my house from the local depot. Should be here this morning!! Uber excited.

Beerbaron105

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
ups showed my phone Enroute and then delivered, I called the store and they claimed they didn't receive it and it was sent to a warehouse first. I guess that is possible although I have a suspicious feeling that the employee wanted the first initial batch for himself and his friends, anyone else?

Weird I would receive an email saying the phone was Enroute to the store, then to see tracking confirmation as delivered with a 14 item delivery. And then the employee to claim it isn't there?

yamamoto3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Got this like an hour ago...still waiting.(with bell btw)

2012-06-27 07:26 AM On vehicle for delivery via EDMONTON (SOUTH/SUD), AB depot
2012-06-27 05:59 AM Shipment In Transit via EDMONTON (SOUTH/SUD), AB depot
2012-06-27 05:53 AM Shipment In Transit via EDMONTON (SOUTH/SUD), AB depot
2012-06-26 11:48 PM Shipment In Transit via MOUNT HOPE, ON depot
2012-06-26 07:45 PM Left via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2012-06-26 07:32 PM Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2012-06-26 07:31 PM Picked up by Purolator via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2012-06-26 07:30 PM Shipment created with reference : NEXT DAY GD, VIRTUALSTORE

Soon2B

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I called into Bell and spoke with them set up a new plan and all. I then called into a store in my area and they were taking deposits to hold a device for people. I went in Sunday and paid 50$ on the pebble blue. Walked in today and picked it up at 10am. I have been playing with it all day.

Before this I had a BB9700 since Feb 2010. I have been following these sites the whole time and I am glad I got this phone.