Galaxy s3 in Canada

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new to android and this forum. I'm so excited to get my s3 I'm having trouble sleeping. I've been a blackberry guy for years and have officially decided to jump ship to android and couldn't be more excited. I've seen numerous threads for people waiting for their email with their tracking number from their carriers in the US, what about Canada? Official launch is tomorrow and I would think that our email should come today. That being said, i thought we could have a place to keep track,so when you get your email, post here.

BankZ_89

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered with Telus. Also my first Android :D (6 years with BlackBerry)

I will post when i get my e-mail & I'll keep an eye on this thread to see any updates

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. I'd also be interested in hearing from you your thoughts on the android os compared to bb. Also any thoughts on the switch over.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy on Sunday in Toronto... and although they aren't selling them until the 27th... I was openly told they've had the phones in the back of the store for a couple days already. I wonder if any body will be will to sell the phones today. :p

I would assume that all stores that are selling SGS3's would have them in stock already in preparation for tomorrow.

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
i was an avid BB user since 2005, then in 2011 i got my Galaxy S2, and now own the Galaxy S3.

the only thing that bb is good at is typing, then all is totally crap, the software is slow and useless, no apps, is a disaster [compared to Android]

with the Galaxy and Androiod you get tons of awesome apps, a huge HD display, super fast perfomance, superb camera, and much more.

believe me when i say that when you use android you will say ''why in the world didnt i changed before!!!''

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just called Telus webstore, they said they haven't received the phones yet, so nothing is being shipped out yet. The rep I talked to said they could be shipped out tomorrow. This is very upsetting since I know stores in Ottawa have them in the "back room" waiting for tomorrows release...:mad:

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That's why I didn't wanna "pre-order". I didn't want to be at the mercy of "shipping". Atleast now I can just goto a store and pick one up tomorrow. If one store doesn't have some... hopefully another one will. Luckily there are like a dozen places that sell cellphones within 10 minutes drive of my workplace lol

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I might keep my pre-order in place and shop for one tomorrow anyway. They said if I get one tomorrow, I can call in and cancel and they would credit me back for the pre-order.:confused:

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
To all my friends up north. You are gonna love your S3. I have had mine for almost a week now. I was a long time BB user, switched to Android about a year ago, never looked back, Always had the high end phone from my provider, but this is by far the best phone I have ever had.

Enjoy!

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they have a good supply. Like even if they sell out for a day... there would be more a day or two later.

Samsung isn't like Apple. I think Apple purposely short supplies products to drive up demand and create a frenzy. Hence people lining up for phones for days outside Apple stores. lol

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Been rocking Blackberry's for over 6 years here as well... About the pre-orders, I have my s3 pre-ordered with Rogers and I have not received any email or phone call from the location I'm picking up at. There is no way I see to track the order, I have no idea of knowing if I get the phone tomorrow or not. The only thing I can see is my number in line on my web account. Somewhat frustrating seeing as how we were supposed to get the phone up here last week. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I plan on going to that location after my shift to get, at the very least a definitive answer. The location I chose just renovated and re-opened the wireless section a couple weeks ago, so that could have something to do with the silence...

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the iPhone4 came out. Some friends pre-ordered thru Rogers and were left waiting in a queue to get the phone. While other people who did not order ahead of time were just walking into stores and picking them up. lol

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually scratch that. I just checked again now and they've updated my device reservation page. Now it's showing... "Status: In Progress" and under order information it reads "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you." Still no email though...

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the iPhone4 came out. Some friends pre-ordered thru Rogers and were left waiting in a queue to get the phone. While other people who did not order ahead of time were just walking into stores and picking them up. lol

It wouldn't surprise me. This could be the first and last time I pre-order anything through Rogers depending on what happens tomorrow.

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually scratch that. I just checked again now and they've updated my device reservation page. Now it's showing... "Status: In Progress" and under order information it reads "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you." Still no email though...

Which carrier are you with?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Getting mine on Thursday from Rogers, however it is part of our companies corporate plan. Either way I will post up when I get it...our Rogers rep confirmed he is picking the phones (we are getting 2) up tomorrow and will be into my office Thursday to delivery them.