08-09-2012 07:03 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    Hello everyone, I'm new to android and this forum. I'm so excited to get my s3 I'm having trouble sleeping. I've been a blackberry guy for years and have officially decided to jump ship to android and couldn't be more excited. I've seen numerous threads for people waiting for their email with their tracking number from their carriers in the US, what about Canada? Official launch is tomorrow and I would think that our email should come today. That being said, i thought we could have a place to keep track,so when you get your email, post here.
    06-26-2012 06:04 AM
    I pre-ordered with Telus. Also my first Android (6 years with BlackBerry)

I will post when i get my e-mail & I'll keep an eye on this thread to see any updates
    06-26-2012 07:27 AM
    Awesome. I'd also be interested in hearing from you your thoughts on the android os compared to bb. Also any thoughts on the switch over.
    06-26-2012 07:50 AM
    On Rogers, didn't preorder. But also looking to switch from blackberry.
    06-26-2012 08:04 AM
    I went to Best Buy on Sunday in Toronto... and although they aren't selling them until the 27th... I was openly told they've had the phones in the back of the store for a couple days already. I wonder if any body will be will to sell the phones today.

I would assume that all stores that are selling SGS3's would have them in stock already in preparation for tomorrow.
    06-26-2012 08:09 AM
    If anybody knows of stores that are selling early... please let me know!
    06-26-2012 08:09 AM
    i was an avid BB user since 2005, then in 2011 i got my Galaxy S2, and now own the Galaxy S3.

the only thing that bb is good at is typing, then all is totally crap, the software is slow and useless, no apps, is a disaster [compared to Android]

with the Galaxy and Androiod you get tons of awesome apps, a huge HD display, super fast perfomance, superb camera, and much more.

believe me when i say that when you use android you will say ''why in the world didnt i changed before!!!''
    06-26-2012 08:34 AM
    Thanks wilfreb, that just makes me want it even more as I've never even played with an android phone before!
    06-26-2012 08:41 AM
    Just called Telus webstore, they said they haven't received the phones yet, so nothing is being shipped out yet. The rep I talked to said they could be shipped out tomorrow. This is very upsetting since I know stores in Ottawa have them in the "back room" waiting for tomorrows release...
    06-26-2012 08:46 AM
    That's why I didn't wanna "pre-order". I didn't want to be at the mercy of "shipping". Atleast now I can just goto a store and pick one up tomorrow. If one store doesn't have some... hopefully another one will. Luckily there are like a dozen places that sell cellphones within 10 minutes drive of my workplace lol
    06-26-2012 08:50 AM
    I might keep my pre-order in place and shop for one tomorrow anyway. They said if I get one tomorrow, I can call in and cancel and they would credit me back for the pre-order.
    06-26-2012 09:06 AM
    To all my friends up north. You are gonna love your S3. I have had mine for almost a week now. I was a long time BB user, switched to Android about a year ago, never looked back, Always had the high end phone from my provider, but this is by far the best phone I have ever had.

Enjoy!
    Roboticz, BankZ_89 and TechNut79 like this.
    06-26-2012 11:26 AM
    Do you guys think they'll sell out very quickly? I hope they have enough...
    06-26-2012 12:02 PM
    I'm hoping they have a good supply. Like even if they sell out for a day... there would be more a day or two later.

Samsung isn't like Apple. I think Apple purposely short supplies products to drive up demand and create a frenzy. Hence people lining up for phones for days outside Apple stores. lol
    06-26-2012 12:30 PM
    Been rocking Blackberry's for over 6 years here as well... About the pre-orders, I have my s3 pre-ordered with Rogers and I have not received any email or phone call from the location I'm picking up at. There is no way I see to track the order, I have no idea of knowing if I get the phone tomorrow or not. The only thing I can see is my number in line on my web account. Somewhat frustrating seeing as how we were supposed to get the phone up here last week. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I plan on going to that location after my shift to get, at the very least a definitive answer. The location I chose just renovated and re-opened the wireless section a couple weeks ago, so that could have something to do with the silence...
    06-26-2012 12:43 PM
    I remember when the iPhone4 came out. Some friends pre-ordered thru Rogers and were left waiting in a queue to get the phone. While other people who did not order ahead of time were just walking into stores and picking them up. lol
    06-26-2012 12:54 PM
    Actually scratch that. I just checked again now and they've updated my device reservation page. Now it's showing... "Status: In Progress" and under order information it reads "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you." Still no email though...
    06-26-2012 12:55 PM
    I remember when the iPhone4 came out. Some friends pre-ordered thru Rogers and were left waiting in a queue to get the phone. While other people who did not order ahead of time were just walking into stores and picking them up. lol
    It wouldn't surprise me. This could be the first and last time I pre-order anything through Rogers depending on what happens tomorrow.
    06-26-2012 12:58 PM
    Actually scratch that. I just checked again now and they've updated my device reservation page. Now it's showing... "Status: In Progress" and under order information it reads "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you." Still no email though...
    Which carrier are you with?
    06-26-2012 01:44 PM
    Getting mine on Thursday from Rogers, however it is part of our companies corporate plan. Either way I will post up when I get it...our Rogers rep confirmed he is picking the phones (we are getting 2) up tomorrow and will be into my office Thursday to delivery them.
    06-26-2012 02:00 PM
    Which carrier are you with?
    Rogers. They just sent me my email btw with a tracking number. They said my phone is on it's way and could take up to 4 days to arrive at my store
    06-26-2012 02:51 PM
    For those in Vancouver who haven't pre-ordered, the Telus store on Georgia & Thurlow aren't receiving any and the Bell store on Robson & Thurlow are only receiving 4
    06-26-2012 03:34 PM
    Rogers. They just sent me my email btw with a tracking number. They said my phone is on it's way and could take up to 4 days to arrive at my store

Are you a dealer? I ask because you said arrive at your store...
    06-26-2012 04:21 PM
    Just received a e-mail from Telus..

"Dear ......,

Your Samsung Galaxy S III™ is almost here. Please look out for another email from us with details about the shipping tracking number and estimated arrival time of your new phone.

You have an outstanding Device Balance

Your current phone has a Device Balance of $xxx.xx. To upgrade to the new Samsung Galaxy S III™ , you will need to pay your outstanding Device Balance. The charge for your current Device Balance will appear on your TELUS monthly bill after you activate your new Samsung phone.

To learn more about Device Balance and how it is calculated, click here. If you want to cancel your pre-order or you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you,
    The TELUS Team"

Hopefully a tracking numbers comes tonight or early tomorrow
    06-26-2012 04:30 PM
    Just received a e-mail from Telus..

"Dear ......,

Your Samsung Galaxy S III is almost here. Please look out for another email from us with details about the shipping tracking number and estimated arrival time of your new phone.

You have an outstanding Device Balance

Your current phone has a Device Balance of $xxx.xx. To upgrade to the new Samsung Galaxy S III , you will need to pay your outstanding Device Balance. The charge for your current Device Balance will appear on your TELUS monthly bill after you activate your new Samsung phone.

To learn more about Device Balance and how it is calculated, click here. If you want to cancel your pre-order or you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you,
    The TELUS Team"

Hopefully a tracking numbers comes tonight or early tomorrow

Unfortunately, I received that same email on June 6th. I ordered the phone on the 31st of may. I still hope to get my tracking # soon though. Acording to loyalty and retention, it should be sent out tomorrow as stock permits. What did everyone order 16 or 32? Blue or White? Just wondering.
    06-26-2012 04:48 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD