Speaker on front of phone slightly raised?

kryptonite_2448

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have received my AT&T SIII and noticed that the speaker on the front (ear speaker when you are speaking on the phone) is slightly raised on the right side. I can take the phone and hold it eye level and look down it and see that it is a little higher. Anybody else have this? What should I do, make AT&T give me a brand new one?

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Will I get a brand new one or a refurb?

I believe you're only guaranteed a refurb. Realistically, how many refurbs of S3's exist at this early date is another question.

I think my speaker is VERY slightly raised too. Have you considered that maybe this is normal? Hope you don't mind me saying, but it sounds like an extremely petty complaint!

Reactions: Shepx13

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm the OP's defense, if it is raised more on one side (who would be looking) that could possibly be a legitimate gripe. I'm sure there are no refurbished available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kryptonite_2448

kryptonite_2448

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
LOL.
The stuff some people come up with.

Glad you find it humorous, but if I spend $200 bucks on a product I expect it to be flawless. At my job I’m held to very high standards, so I’m going to do the same to a company who expects to keep my business.

Small complaint? Sure, but I expect a perfect product.

Reactions: Mercury81

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I expect it to be flawless.

Sure, but I expect a perfect product.

I bet you're disappointed often in life, huh? ;)

And, I bet you don't produce "perfect, flawless" products at work either - you produce acceptable products to a company-defined standard. Perfect, flawless don't exist in the real world of products.

Reactions: Shepx13

kryptonite_2448

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I bet you're disappointed often in life, huh? ;)

And, I bet you don't produce "perfect, flawless" products at work either - you produce acceptable products to a company-defined standard. Perfect, flawless don't exist in the real world of products.

And when my speaker does crack, break off, quit working, whatever, you would be the one to say "You should have fixed it when you first noticed it."

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Glad you find it humorous, but if I spend $200 bucks on a product I expect it to be flawless. At my job I?m held to very high standards, so I?m going to do the same to a company who expects to keep my business.

Small complaint? Sure, but I expect a perfect product.

I'd laugh if you return this phone because of a defect you need a magnifying glass to see... and the replacement you get ends up having a major defect... lol

kryptonite_2448

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd laugh if you return this phone because of a defect you need a magnifying glass to see... and the replacement you get ends up having a major defect... lol

Magnifying glass not needed, it's clearly visible by just looking at the phone.

Also, it's really amusing how full of assholes the Android community is. Sigh, if webOS had the apps...

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's equally amazing how many whiney little cry babies have entered this forum. Wah... this part of the phone is 0.01mm higher than the other side!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Come on guys, cut my fellow Laker fan some slack. BTW, I got my phone on the 21st and love it. There are a few things here or there that I have issue with as with any other product I have ever purchased. I did not get a upgrade, I paid full price also. I would never complain about the phone as of yet because so many people on this forum are still waiting to get theirs.