Has anyone noticed that every once in awhile the screen will register a tap on a letter of a link even if you haven't actually touched the screen yet? I've noticed in a few instances that while typing a message, it will select the letter I'm about to type when my finger is close to hitting it but hasn't made it all the way to the glass yet. I'm not talking about the auto populate feature. It just sometimes registers a tap before I actually tap it like it's giving off static or something and notices my finger right above it...

It's not really annoying but throws me off guard sometimes.
    06-26-2012 11:31 AM
    The screen sensor is looking for a change in capacitance in the area above the screen. The kind of change that occurs when your finger is there. As such, it is possible to effect a "screen press" even though you haven't physically touched the screen.

This happens on most all phones with capacitive screens. Although some may be more prone to it than others.

-Suntan
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    06-26-2012 12:07 PM
    The screen sensor is looking for a change in capacitance in the area above the screen. The kind of change that occurs when your finger is there. As such, it is possible to effect a "screen press" even though you haven't physically touched the screen.

This happens on most all phones with capacitive screens. Although some may be more prone to it than others.

-Suntan
    Yeah, what he said. Lol
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    06-26-2012 12:17 PM
    OK cool. You learn something new everyday! Thanks.
    06-26-2012 12:36 PM
    I've noticed it more on this then my last to android Samsungs. keep thinking its me.
    06-26-2012 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD