Speed up your Galaxy S3 in 2 easy steps

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, the thing is, some of those features aren't exactly part of Android. Instead, they're manufacturer customizations which some might find nice, but are in no way essential, and lean towards "bloatware."

hello, thanks for replying, i understand what you are saying, but at this point google should know what goes on the phones by now by manufacturers and have this worked out because only the nexus line doesn't have the bloatware and there are tons of android phones :p i'm hoping that butter fixes this problem and we don't have to wait too long to get it because i'm really looking forward to getting the s3 in my mailbox mid july :D

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
hello, thanks for replying, i understand what you are saying, but at this point google should know what goes on the phones by now by manufacturers and have this worked out because only the nexus line doesn't have the bloatware and there are tons of android phones :p i'm hoping that butter fixes this problem and we don't have to wait too long to get it because i'm really looking forward to getting the s3 in my mailbox mid july :D

I feel the whole point of Android is that it is open to customization by anyone from software writer to the user. No one makes the final decision about how "my" phone works but "me" if I choose to take advantage of the seemingly limitless options. However, for some folks having to make decisions isn't possible ---- sooooo there is Apple :p:p:p

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel the whole point of Android is that it is open to customization by anyone from software writer to the user. No one makes the final decision about how "my" phone works but "me" if I choose to take advantage of the seemingly limitless options. However, for some folks having to make decisions isn't possible ---- sooooo there is Apple :p:p:p

lol yeah if you limit all the features on the phone it can't run slow and you can't be pissed you had to turn off features the phone never had in the first place :D

Last edited:

Robert Porter

May 7, 2013
Visit site
First time I have dabbled with the settings, other than figuring out how to save the changes, it was very straight forward and the phone is rapid again now.

Thanks for the tip

Rob :)

Darren Proudlock

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Am i missing something? Sure the window animation is gone but the apps dont load any faster , i just find myself staring at a black screen for a fraction of a second :p I thought perhaps with the animation gone would take some strain of the os but no , nothings changed except it doesnt look as pretty ;)

greg8355

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to find "developer options" on my S3? I have looked through every menu and submenu under Settings and it is not there. Thanks,
G

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have looked through every menu and submenu under Settings and it is not there.
Sounds like you're running 4.3. In order to get into Developer options you have to go to Settings -> About phone and tap on the Build number several times.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton