Jellybean

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Jellybean is looking AMAZING. Do you think the s3 will get a full stock Jellybean rom? Will it be upgraded to Jellybean with all of its cool new features? I don't know but I hope!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting I was just reading a blog on this. Considering it isn't really even out yet, it will be a ways down the road. Eventually yes IMO. But not even close now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Im sure a rom will come out eventually. The processors in the US version are quite common so that should help. Oddly as much as Id like jbean I find myself wondering if its worth losing touchwiz and all its customizations. Yes I'm insane, I like TW.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there will be stock roms ported over, but samsung will release this for the S3 with TW (international first most likely)

think it may be a few months before we see it.

looking forward to the system optimization ...similar to LINARO

(one can dream):D

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there will be stock roms ported over, but samsung will release this for the S3 with TW (international first most likely)

think it may be a few months before we see it.

looking forward to the system optimization ...similar to LINARO

(one can dream):D

not to be a debbie downer but months in my previous experiene means 8 to 10. :(
Then again all the US GSIIIs are the same.

Sent from an Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G still on Gingerbread

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
But doesn't it annoy you? I mean barely any devices have ics and here comes jelly bean.. the sgs3 won't get it till.like December and by then they will have another os coming out! Ugh.

Yeah it does annoy me, but theres always custom roms and this phone is going to have TONS of dev support.

Reactions: Lucki

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think CM10 or whatever will come to the S3 very quickly. You may just have to wait a month or two, hardly that long because the S3 is way better than the Nexus.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Considering Google themselves promoted it with the Galaxy Nexus, I wouldn't hold your breath for a new Nexus phone anytime real soon. If anyone else watched the Google I/O keynote, you'll remember that they released the code, SDK, and PDK (platform aka hardware development kit) today, and the attendees' free GNex's will be getting updates this evening, despite Jellybean not officially launching until mid-July. And that the top 5 Android manufacturers (which of course includes Samsung) have had access to early versions of the code, in order to shape its development and have early access to begin optimizing it to their devices.

Considering these changes, and that Jellybean appears to be a very similar framework to ICS (though honestly including far more features than I expected), I would expect we won't have to wait nearly as long. Granted, Samsung will want to push their customized additions to ICS for a few months before overwhelming everyone with the new improvements in Jellybean (considering the vast majority of SGS3 buyers will just be getting their first taste of ICS). In fact, it wouldn't make sense for them to roll it out immediately, customers simply wouldn't be able to understand all the new features. But come late-summer/early-fall, when some of the features are a bit stale, and the new crop of phones, including the iPhone5, are on the horizon, a Jellybean update would be just the thing to reinvigorate SGS3 sales, and I think it would be feasible to have one ready in a few more months.

But yes, I would expect the AOKP and CM teams to bring us some Jellybean goodness sooner rather than later. :cool:

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What are all these stock roms etc.. ive never used these before..how does it work...whats the risks ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought an s3 and think it'll be my last non nexus phone. nexus phones have been sub par when it comes to hardware as most other top phones ex s3 one x etc blow it out the water. I have a feeling Google from now on will step up there game in the hardware department and there will be no reason to not want a nexus

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought an s3 and think it'll be my last non nexus phone. nexus phones have been sub par when it comes to hardware as most other top phones ex s3 one x etc blow it out the water. I have a feeling Google from now on will step up there game in the hardware department and there will be no reason to not want a nexus
I can think of one. Google doesn't seem to be playing nicely with Verizon and Verizon is the best carrier in my area. I'm not planning on switching carriers.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Have any of the S2s received ICS yet? That would be my reference point.
All of them but Sprint. Of course the Sprint version was the only one with Wimaxx, a notification light and bigger screen. Not sure if those differences are responsible for the delay or maybe Sprint wants to sell a few more GSIII's but the Epic Touch 4G owners are still waiting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42