Ok so I just put my iPhone on eBay and pre ordered the S3. But now I am getting a little jittery about what I may be losing

For instance I am used to playing my music through AirPlay to my speakers- can that be replicated on the S3.
    It didn't work that well and I have an
    iPad so it should be ok.

Also I use a program called awesome note on my iPhone daily- is there something similar android?

It's all too late now because I've paid for the S3 and the iPhones on eBay but can some reassure me the switch isn't that traumatic

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fym1ax
    06-27-2012 10:53 PM
    Logitech has a bluetooth audio adapter that I have purchased and used. It plugs into any type of amplifier and uses the bluetooth to connect your phone to the amp. Plays all your music and it sounds great.
    06-28-2012 03:57 AM
    Is there anything on Android similar to Airplay though? For instance I can be on a website and watching a video, hit airplay and the video pops up on my xbmc and plays through the tv. Actually probably more useful is the ability to do it for pictures stored on any ios device.

Don't get me wrong airplay is kinda iffy and doesn't always work, but it is a cool feature.What would be great is some sort of full screen mirroring of the device over wifi. Instead of just some apps audio and video, but the whole interface.

****EDIT***
    Now that I think about it, I think there's something they're doing that will work with new Samsung TV's. Trying to find it.
    06-28-2012 08:25 AM
    you guys need to follow whats been happening at the google IO conference, all your questions got answered yesterday

the jelly bean OS and the new hardwares coming will have you covered
    fotd likes this.
    06-28-2012 09:35 AM
    the jelly bean OS and the new hardwares coming will have you covered
    But I don't even have this old outdated phone yet!!!

lol, thanks yeah I'll check out the coverage.
    06-28-2012 10:04 AM
    lol...its barely a month old and i'll predict it should get the jelly bean OS right after the nexus

the new hardware i referred to are new google hardware accessories that make your android lifestyle totally 'UBER' and your GS3 is in a prime position to take advantage of them all
    06-28-2012 10:11 AM
    would doubletwist do what you want?
    fotd likes this.
    06-28-2012 11:36 AM
    would doubletwist do what you want?
    Doubletwist's Airsync appears to do exactly what Cshama and I were talking about. Thanks! Looks like it can talk to AirPlay compatible receivers. I'll try it out tonight. Only downside is you have to use their app to play the content unlike iOS where it's baked in to the default media players (but pretty much nothing else - Netflix, Hulu, Mog I'm looking at you).

The new nexus q that Walcolm was referring to is similar and looks better then airplay, but quite honestly I think its going to be pointless. I don't want another device, or if I do have it replace some other ones, this should have been put into a new $100 google tv not a weird little $300 orb. A google tv that can do all of the things a lot of us hoped for from the beginning.

I've recently given up and gone to the full htpc, after countless popcorn hours, Xboxs, DVD players, etc. got tired of waiting for the full media center experience from a device. Hopefully xbmc will be able to integrate this feature and we can go right from Android OS to the TV.

Sorry to hijack your thread Cshama!
    06-28-2012 12:08 PM
    Since galaxy s2, it supports wifi direct and dlna so any device that support it, you can connect with galaxy phone.
    06-28-2012 01:33 PM
    i use doublesync with airsync and it works fine for me.
    06-28-2012 05:31 PM
    Imediashare. Works great with Apple TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-28-2012 09:18 PM
    Airsync works ok, only seems to be able to AirPlay local music/video and not pictures. Has a bunch of options for going the other way (from device->phone). I tried a few others like upnpplay and didn't have much success. They kinda worked but were just as flakey as usual whenever you try and dlna/upnp.

Everything is focused on getting data to the phone from a device, rather then vice versa (plex is great for that btw). Would be awesome if there was some sort of OS level integration that could mirror the device. Maybe that will eventually be nexus q once developers rip it apart and start integrating into other products.

For Cshama's original question, I'd say airsync will work fine for you. You will have to toggle airsync on/off in the settings all the time but shouldn't be to much of a hassle.
    06-28-2012 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD