Samsung Galaxy S3 - Does your gs3 get warm quickly?

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does your gs3 get warm quickly?

My phone is pretty warm right now, where I can feel the heat through the screen. Due to charging and multitasking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

I think it's the oem battery. I have a hyperion that doesn't get hot but when I put my oem battery in it gets super hot. I got it replaced but have yet to charge it

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

kole208

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

How do u start a thread sorry im new. Also does the galaxy s3 downclock when they get warm because I ran quadrent and my o hone normally scores like 4700-5250 but when its reay warm it will score in the low 4000 like 4100 or so. And when im playing games like dead trigger I sometimes get a sligght studder every once in a while is all this normal?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Mine doesn't actually get warm at all. Never has. Not once, during five weeks of use.

Last edited:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Mine doesn't actually get warm at all. Never has. Not once, during five weeks of use.

Mine does. The temp gauge said 108. I downloaded advaced task killer and shut some unneeded things off n that seemed to fix it. For now.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

45?c is hottest mine gets.
Not sure if temp would affect benchmark performance tbh, interesting tho!

Starting a new thread... are u using the phone app, the desktop site or the mobile site? ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Guess you havent played a high end game while plugged in and downloading a 3gb torrent bro lol? :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Guess you havent played a high end game while plugged in and downloading a 3gb torrent bro lol? :)
No, I haven't Mate. ;) Haven't ever played any games on the S3, or on my previous iPhones. :-[ My wife did/does, so I've tried my hand at a few of hers, but haven't ever dl'd any. Too busy I guess, just trying to keep-up with work & emails & etc. Then whilst spare time presents itself . . I typically search for and play new music or read news & etc., that is, when not reading this interesting AC Forum! ;) Cheers Bro.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Aye im not much of a gamer.
If u ever wana really chill into a game, get Osmos HD n put earbuds in.
Ambient music from Biosphere, sven vath etc :)

kole208

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Does your guys galaxy s3 ever lag in dead trigger with settings on high? I feel like I get like 30fps with high settings on. And it studers every once in a while. Also please state what phobe moddle you have duel core or quad.

James Cope

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

have had my s3 for a week and gets slightly hot if doing alot of file transfers not as hot as my old evo (first gen)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Mine will get alarmingly hot every now and then. Gets hot when I tether and charge it at the same time. Never affects performance though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

meenas9

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I have the SGH-i747 with heat and short battery life. Taking the phone to AT&T for exchange. I really like the phone, so I hope the phone will run cooler and longer.

Did you exchange your phone? If so was it a good decision? Im having thoughts of exchanging mine as well. Battery life and heat really suck on my gs3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kerr Mcmillan

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Mine does as well I don't know y cause I still have 53% of my internal memory left and a 4gig memory card so can't be that and i clean the cache regularly so must just be a fault in the phones and I noticed when it does heat up it slows the phone down really badly it becomes jumpy I had an experia u before this with basically the exact same apps and it could handle it better which I really don't understand with all the good press this phone got and it's ?300 more than the experia u just don't think it's right for the price of the s3 it should be one of the best on the market but the new Internet Phone and the experia z and the htc are far better than the s3 and the s4 just as bad same problem as the 3 Samsung should have spent more time developing these phones instead of rushing them to be out before others thats just made the others better because they took there time it's that old saying quality before quantity simply could be better really disappointed in Samsung for this reason

smnbx

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I am also bought galaxy s3 international version 10 days back Nov 17th 2013 - its get hot soon whenever i use internet 3g and downloading something. The device really hot on the lower back and the front around the home button.

Is there any solution you have?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

smnbx,
I'd have to say that there's something wrong with your device - you should take it in for an exchange before the 14 days are up.

It's normal for the phone to get warm but it should never get hot.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Pratik7

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I have also noticed the same thing with my phone galaxy S3, it's gets warm pretty fast, even browsing the phone, don't know why that's happening, and it's mostly the down side of the phone, the back side of the home button. Don't know why?! Help me out, please...

Posted via Android Central App