Turning camera shutter sound off

mikezot

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Root your device, install Root Explorer, navigate to /system/csc/feature.xml (make sure r/w is toggled, long press and open in text editor)

Edit the setting below to true. Reboot, then you will have the option to disable the shutter sound.

true

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

I did what you suggested with my Sprint version of the Galaxy III and the option for Shutter sound is now there but I tried to turn it off and the sound is still there. Any thoughts?

ysun01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...ow-turn-off-your-shutter-sound-2-minutes.html

read this forum, I follwed the step and actually worked.

quote user: Skunkape60

"""OK... Now I have something that does work. Here's how to shut off them camera sounds. This time I verified it works before posting.

system / media / audio / UI
Scroll down until you see Shutter.ogg and Shutter_multiple.ogg. To the end of both of those file names add .bak
So it will look like this:

Shutter.ogg.bak
Shutter_multiple.ogg.bak

You will (of course) need to be rooted and have read/write enabled and restart your phone. Then those pesky shutter sounds will be gone for good.

Thanks should go to drawde40599 """""

Now my galaxy s3 is actually silence when taking pictures. :)

hope this will help.

mine was sprint SPH-170

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Just take your finger and swipe down to mute
Your phone, then open your camera and shoot
Away... No shutter noise!

I haven't found a setting in the camera
Software either.

digitalzen

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless you want to take photos of sleeping kids, or animals, or...

---------- Post Merged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:48 PM ----------

The app "Camera ICS+" allows you to shut off the sound, and has a couple of tweaks that the native ICS camera (which sucks, IMNSHO) doesn't have. Highly recommended. :cool:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry if im like months late to the party but my int' s3 makes no shutter sound with volume turned down.
jst tried it when i was out perverting.... f***ing flash was a dead give-away though :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

mrsupplier88

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Smh yeah ive had the same issue! Without trying to sound like a jerk, it is pointless taking advice from owners of the galaxy s2 with other providers, for the phones are a lot different! My galaxy s2 is a sprint phone, not option to take off shutter sound, whereas the tmobile version, ive seen is capable of doing so! Ive been all over the net looking for solutions and still havent found any smh:'(

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Smh yeah ive had the same issue! Without trying to sound like a jerk, it is pointless taking advice from owners of the galaxy s2 with other providers, for the phones are a lot different! My galaxy s2 is a sprint phone, not option to take off shutter sound, whereas the tmobile version, ive seen is capable of doing so! Ive been all over the net looking for solutions and still havent found any smh:'(

pizzafrog

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...ow-turn-off-your-shutter-sound-2-minutes.html

read this forum, I follwed the step and actually worked.

quote user: Skunkape60

"""OK... Now I have something that does work. Here's how to shut off them camera sounds. This time I verified it works before posting.

system / media / audio / UI
Scroll down until you see Shutter.ogg and Shutter_multiple.ogg. To the end of both of those file names add .bak
So it will look like this:

Shutter.ogg.bak
Shutter_multiple.ogg.bak

You will (of course) need to be rooted and have read/write enabled and restart your phone. Then those pesky shutter sounds will be gone for good.

Thanks should go to drawde40599 """""

Now my galaxy s3 is actually silence when taking pictures. :)

hope this will help.

mine was sprint SPH-170

Tried everything here for my Sprint-based S3. This is the one that worked. Simple, does the trick, and not hard to reverse if you really WANT to wake up your animals and kids with your camera. ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so why does everyone want silent shutter? be honest..... wildlife photography lol? :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
so why does everyone want silent shutter? be honest..... wildlife photography lol? :p

I have this quirky hobby where I like to snap pictures of women bending over while wearing loose blouses. Also works great for discreet photography in health clubs. I also like going to playgrounds and elementary schools and...

If any of you believe that stuff, well... lol!!

On a slightly more serios note, a rooted user could simply replace the ogg file of the shutter sound with a silent one, if it's really that important. I personally prefer to keep the sound on, as reassurance that I actually got the picture, especially on a bright sunny day when it's difficult to see the screen.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My phone has no shutter noise when it's on silent or vibrate. I'm on SaskTel in Canada and I believe the phone is the same as Telus or Bell which is basically an AT&T phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
for anyone who cant silence it, put your finger over the back speaker, you can barely hear it.
try some duct tape if youre out for a long session of perving lol

john181818

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
That worked for me. I had my phone in the Sleep Mode using My Profiles app and putting the phone into Normal solved the issue on my Verizon phone.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
On my SaskTel S3 there is no shutter sound when I'm on vibrate or silent either. I believe SakTel runs Bell or Telus software for the most part.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ca. Era settings on s3 running stock ics
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352331321188.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352331321188.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ca. Era settings on s3 running stock ics
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

global version doesnt have that setting. i think its actualy in european union law that a camera must make a sound.
muting volume works though lol :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude