Tips For Extending Battery Life

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
A lot of times there are little tricks or settings you can change to lower the amount of battery your phone uses. Some of these are obvious... like making sure your screen isn't set too bright... some of them are less obvious.

Does anybody have any tips on what you can do to save battery life? What settings you can change, etc.?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Use the Power Save setting. Decrease refresh rates. Screen timeout to a minimum. Before locking the screen, hold down the home button and close apps in task manager.

Reactions: hoovhartid

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
When I do the notifications "pull down" swipe, I sometimes see a notification under "ongoing" that says "searching using GPS." Seems to happen even when I close all active apps. What's it doing and how do I stop it? I sure don't need it constantly doing GPS searches unless I pull up an app requiring it.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
When I do the notifications "pull down" swipe, I sometimes see a notification under "ongoing" that says "searching using GPS." Seems to happen even when I close all active apps. What's it doing and how do I stop it? I sure don't need it constantly doing GPS searches unless I pull up an app requiring it.

Turn off the GPS function..?

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Before locking the screen, hold down the home button and close apps in task manager.

I think this has really helped my battery life. I wanted to say thank you for this. I didn't realize how many apps I had running. I always thought that by hitting the back button, I was exiting the app. I think facebook was killing my battery before I started using this feature...it didnt seem to matter that its refresh was set to never....when its open and running...its draining the battery. But killing it before I shut the phone seems to give me the results I was looking for.

thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007