Otterbox Defender verses Ballistic SG Maxx

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site

OniBerry

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I would personally go with the OB Defender. I haven't used a Ballistic case before, so maybe someone could chime in about that. I do know that various Otter cases have saved my device numerous times. They stand by there products as well. I had part of my holster break off. A quick e-mail and it was sent to my door in under a week.

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
There's pros and cons for both cases/manufacturers in my opinion. For all out protection, I believe the Ballistic has the upper hand with the extra padded corners. But the Defender isn't a slouch.

The Defender is backed by Otterboxs great customer service and quick warranty replacements. So that's a plus. A negative is that the outer rubber case seems to fall apart on many Defender cases I've seen. All were for iphone 4 or 4S' however. The Commuters may not offer as much protection but with the hard plastic on the outside they seem to be much more durable. Also, the screen protectors are glued to the Defenders so no easy replacements if they get scratched. I wouldn't think scratches would be covered under their warranty either.

As for Ballistic, warranty/customer service is unknown but they do have a 1 year warranty. Reviews seem to be good for Ballistic cases though. I personally like that the built in screen protector is removable/replaceable and that the hard plastic is on the outside.

If you couldn't already tell, I bought the Ballistic SG Maxx. I just think it looks better and will offer better drop protection. However, I also ordered a Otterbox Commuter. The Commuter will be my go to case and the SG Maxx will be when I'm working for my father's cabinet business with tons of saw dust and going to the beach.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

pcotton

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I had the OB commuter for my old BB. Never let me down, saved my phone umpteen times. But I'm not putting one on my s3, just can't bring myself to bulk the phone up like that. I've gone for a gear 3 transparent clip on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49