SGS3 thinks earpiece is connected so I cant hear caller! !!!!!

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Was outside yesterday and had a series of urgent calls from my wife but when I answered them she couldnt hear me and I couldnt hear her! !!

When I got home I realised there was a headphone icon in the notifications bar at the top of the display, now I hadnt noticed this while I was out due to the poor screen visibility in sunlight (thats another story). Rang THREE who wanted me to back up and reset the phone back to factory defaults, I am going to have to do this today but anyone any ideas? ??
I have never even plugged an earpiece into it, well hadnt until this problem occured as thought it might clear the earpiece connected problem but no luck :(:(:(
Adey

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
On the SGS2 there's a "dock setting" option at the bottom of the main menu. You can try seeing if that's checked.

I use a desk dock all the time and if I forget to unchecked it, when I try to listen to something else there's no sound. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

stinkyfischer

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: SGS3 thinks earpiece is connected so I cant hear caller! !!!!

try putting some graphite in the audio jack then plugging and unplugging a headset in there it should clean the connections.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Just another problem that was present in the s2 that I'm guessing carried on to the s3 just like a bunch of other problems. Im glad that I got rid of my s2 and didn't evenbother thinking of getting the s3 after playing with my friends for a day. What your experiencing is a hardware defect inside the headphone port, there's a little sensor that is bad and makes the phone think there is headphones in. The best advice is to try playing music and plug in a headset back and fourth till it goes off. If that doesn't work ill prollyhave to get a replacement. It's sad that Samsung still hasn't gotten there act together and this is now the third galaxy phone with the same exact problems as its predessors. Good luck

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Well phone working ok again, the headphone icon disappeared on its own, if it returns again its going back because asnyou suggest the sensor must be faulty, thanks for your help all.
Adey

monicah

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

my phone is samsang sch-r720.when i pick up the phone i cant hear the other caller.please help:-\:-\