My battery life sucks. How about yourself?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I also get 15 to 17 hours on 60% used and 40% remaining. Admittedly I don't game or stream videos much.

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After having the phone for a week I noticed that battery life for this phone depends on screen usage and signal strength. I noticed that when I'm at work the phone can easily last all day of moderate to heavy use.

This weekend I was with my family shopping at the mall yesterday and today and noticed my battery draining much faster because of poor signal. It still lasted the day, but the difference was noticible.

Attached are two screen caps from my phone. I charged it the night before and actively tried to kill the battery by playing movies, surfing the net, etc. If I didn't do that I would've got more time out of it.

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Before you wipe, I would suggest tweaking the settings on the phone to try and get more power out of it. Reducing widgets, turning off gps, and haptic feedback in the power saving settings can help your battery time.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually using it? Or just sitting in your pocket for 7 hours?

Exactly. I've never gotten over 10 hours, and I'm usually in the 7 to 8 hour range with every phone I've ever owned. Way too many variables to compare with other people too. Best you can do is turn all the radios off and do a run down test and compare it against review tests

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on what your doing. Yesterday I was shopping with the wife, surfing, watching videos, etc and I was 10 hours, today, stayed home, not much use and I'm at 12 hours with 45% remaining.

Also, I just got my S3, so I'm fully charging the phone, then using it to full depletion, then fully charge, then fully depletion for about 5 or 6 cycles. That should help the battery life as well.

Reactions: Alfonsca

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have it in my pocket and I haven't hardly used it here in Canada. I am on Telus.
It makes no sense. I don't understand. I have used two batteries in a day and have taken 5 pictures in total. What the ....

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm having a much better experience than some of you. I turned off the motion crap and use a set brightness of about 50% and today my phone was on at about 10am and it's now 9 minutes to midnight and I am at 35% left and I've been using my phone insanely all day since it's new and I'm still playing with it. I've made phone calls, watched some short videos, browsed the Internet a ton, installed some apps, and sent a bunch of emails. Granted, I've been on my home wifi all day for data which saves battery - but we all know 4G drains battery faster.

Rev.

Reactions: brava27

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like a result of four possibilities..

1. Poor signal causing the device to be working double time to keep connected...

2. Possible rouge app or something running that is causing a dump in battery...

3. What are your email/social media update/polling set at? The closer the intervals it polls for updates the more it gonna dump battery checking social media or whatever every 5 minutes or so.. (My wife was victim of this using K 9 email a while back polling every 5 mins)

4. Possible defective/poor battery from the factory. Rare but it does happen from time to time...

Reactions: brava27

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have it in my pocket and I haven't hardly used it here in Canada. I am on Telus.
It makes no sense. I don't understand. I have used two batteries in a day and have taken 5 pictures in total. What the ....

I'm on Telus as well (Toronto) and I have no problems with battery life, however, I've only had it for 2 days. So far, I'm good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would attribute it to likely poor signal but hopefully it is something else. If it's the signal I don't know of anything you can do to be honest and it's quite annoying for your battery to drain even though it's just sitting in your pocket.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

What do you have running? And how often are you letting your apps sync? Do you have good signal where you are at?

meandfffan

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
My batterys crap in the uk we dont even get 4g i take mine off the charge at about 7a.m. and its dead by 1 p.m. then i use my other battery that lasts me till about 9p.m.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
My batterys crap in the uk we dont even get 4g i take mine off the charge at about 7a.m. and its dead by 1 p.m. then i use my other battery that lasts me till about 9p.m.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Where did you get your s3 from? I had the same problem so i took it back to phones4U and got it replaced now after a full 24 hrs the battery's at around 20% thats with sync always on and running widgets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke