My battery life sucks. How about yourself?

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Leaving wifi (when you're not actively connected to a wifi), Bluetooth and sync running uses up your battery. Poor cell signals also does a number on your juice

been using the phone for about a month and 15hrs are a common occurrence btw charges

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I have started from scratch. I am not a heavy user. I twitter, facebook and whatsapp installed and by 4pm phone is dead. Throw in another battery and dead again by 11pm.
So it cannot be both batteries right? Ive uninstalled apps that might be draining. Ive installed bad ass battery just to keep an eye and see what is draining this thing.
I wish I got 24 hours like you guys haha

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Look at the Battery tab in settings and see what is using up your batteries. Can you take a picture of the Battery screen on your phone? It will usually give you a good idea of why your battery is going dead.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I am using two different batteries. I'll post screen shots today of battery usage. Maybe I'm missing something

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
http://m.lockerz.com/s/221786089
Don't know how to post pictures thru my phone but that is a link for my battery usage.

SiliconAddict

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what your doing. Yesterday I was shopping with the wife, surfing, watching videos, etc and I was 10 hours, today, stayed home, not much use and I'm at 12 hours with 45% remaining.

Also, I just got my S3, so I'm fully charging the phone, then using it to full depletion, then fully charge, then fully depletion for about 5 or 6 cycles. That should help the battery life as well.

Just as an FYI. You don't need to do that anymore. Once should be good enough to calibrate the phone. But L-ion batteries do not require priming or calibrating. The phone however, does.

I'd say do this once every 6 months.

Squeeze the Most Juice Out of Your iPhone or iPad Battery - Wired How-To Wiki

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
GunpW.jpg

h5Ya0.jpg

No complaints with my battery. I can regularly get 4+ hours of screen-on time, while my Galaxy Nexus and One X were both only getting no more than 3.

carlos516x

May 11, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is terrible. I might have a defective battery or unit. I'm at 5h 28minutes and i'm at 26% charge. I have attached a pic of my battery info at 32%.

klc11vb

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I was having similar issues. The first day I got about 16 hours of battery life, but after installing apps, widgets, etc. I was barely getting 8 hours. I've since spent time playing with the settings to figure out how I can get back to 16+ hours of battery life. As others have suggested poor signal is a huge cause of battery loss, take advantage of Wifi where you can and turn off Mobile Network when you are connected to Wifi. I also found GPS to be sucking up quite a bit of power, in some cases apps can still use your cell signal to track your position. I went a step further and tried turning off autosync just to see what the difference would be, thinking I would have to manually refresh or sync emails. Sure enough after going to bed with 100% charge I woke up with about 98%. The weird thing I noticed was I still got emails, facebook notifications pushed to the phone, so I'm not entirely sure what the autosync actually does? The rest of the day I had moderate use (web, facebook, twitter, words with friends, a few calls, etc.) connected to Wifi majority of the time. The phone lasted all day and thru the next night. When I woke up it was down to about 10%. I realize I'm not going to get that kind of performance most of the time, but I think I found the settings that work for me and will optimize my battery performance.

My suggestion before you wipe is take a couple days, try playing with the display settings, turning things on and off, figure out what you need and what you can do without and see how it affects battery life.

SiliconAddict

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Used 7 hours and it was down to %20? anyone else having terrible battery life?

Not normal from what I've been reading. A suggestion

Install https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.rootmetrics&token=KIhq5Hil

and this https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=de.android.telnet&token=K-4zokZM

Keep an eye out on your network signal. It you are, as an example, indoors at work. And have crap signal the phone is going to continuously go. ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU THERE? To try and reach the network. On some phone, depending on how its designed it it has a poor signal it may even boost the juice to the radio, again draining the battery faster.

Or you may simply have a rogue app that is beating the crap out of your phone. In which case search the market and find one of a bagillion apps that will log CPU time that an app is using.

Or nuke the site, and slowly start reinstalling apps until you find the offender.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You guys really need to be posting your screen-on time screenshots along with this battery shots. Screen-on time is a much better snapshot of your usage.

Reactions: Forgetful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze