neat NFC billboard at airport

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else come across one of these? An ad billboard for the SGS3 with NFC to download random things. Saw this one at Chicago/O'Hare.

97ql21.jpg

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a pack of them at my local at&t store last week but haven't had the time to try them out. Having way to much fun playing and poking around my new phone.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you have an action that turns secure locking (pin/pattern/face/etc.) on and off?

While there are a lot of settings that can be controlled, that doesn't appear to be one of them. This doesn't surprise me since any authentication change requires manual authentication with the existing credentials.

Download the free TecTiles app and see what options it allows. Also, I think it is possible to use it to program other brands of tags.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There are several of thru out DFW. I was going to post myself but slip my mind.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
O cool let me just usr my phone and get some downloads, o wait that's right, my f'eing phones google wallet doesn't work anymore wtf!!!!! One of the three things thats bothering me about the EVO, but other than that I love it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that the Samsung tiles are 1200byte tiles, so bigger than most. Not sure if that's super relevant or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere that the Tectiles use the Mifare 1k chip which leaves you with 752 bytes of usable space.

For what it is worth, the best price in small quantities I've found for Mifare 1k stickers is $1.10 each. Samsung's, with the pretty printing on them, are $3 each.

Also, the current version of the Samsung app (according to Engadget and confirmed in the comments on the Samsung Tectile app in the play store) is limited to one function per tag. I think NFC Task Launcher is a much more capable app that is able to load more than one task on a tag. And should work on the Samsung branded tags as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm