I installed Chrome the other day and loving it so far on my GS3 for those of you looking for a nice browser.

Lots of cool new features that I actually use without even thinking about them. Unlimited pages open at once... list goes on and on.

Give it a try and post what new stuff you find or don't like about it.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-03-2012 11:09 AM
    Love everything about it except that it dosen't support flash.
    brava27 likes this.
    07-03-2012 01:05 PM
    Well... nothing will support flash before too long. Matter of time. (Jelly Bean)
    07-03-2012 01:25 PM
    Well... nothing will support flash before too long. Matter of time. (Jelly Bean)
    While I agree that is the future path... everyone keeps saying this like it's now or in the very near future. So far from my daily internet usage I don't see this happening so imminently. Flash is still on oh so many websites that I still need it on my phone. Just sayin'

Rev.
    cjsmoove likes this.
    07-03-2012 01:50 PM
    While I agree that is the future path... everyone keeps saying this like it's now or in the very near future. So far from my daily internet usage I don't see this happening so imminently. Flash is still on oh so many websites that I still need it on my phone. Just sayin'

Rev.
    You should find better websites to visit! Any web developer who uses flash frankly isn't too bright. That means they lose the entire iOS market (which is a huge market) and starting with Android 4.1, they will lose the entire Android market as well! (4.1 and above will not support flash)
    monkeyluis likes this.
    07-04-2012 12:44 AM
    Any web developer who uses flash frankly isn't too bright.
    I'm not even going to get into this argument because it's just plain silly. Whether what others do is smart or not the fact is if they are all doing it, until it changes, we are subjected to dealing with it. Let me just say that I just checked and my Amazon Instant Videos which I purchased play through the Adobe Flash Player when I load them up.

Apple had dealt without Flash for oh so many years. It didn't stop people from making Flash websites and Apple's excuse to why they didn't support Flash was plain BS! They didn't support Flash for one simple reason and every tech knows why - because people could develop their own Flash based apps and games and bypass the iTunes store. In my past 1 & 1/2+ years on my Droid 2 never have I had a problem with flash content on a website, be it audio playback, video playback, apps, etc. Smart phones can handle flash just fine. Apple is a bunch of authoritarian BS artists so I wouldn't use them as a point in proof if I were you

Rev.
    beh likes this.
    07-04-2012 01:00 AM
    I'm not even going to get into this argument because it's just plain silly. Whether what others do is smart or not the fact is if they are all doing it, until it changes, we are subjected to dealing with it. Let me just say that I just checked and my Amazon Instant Videos which I purchased play through the Adobe Flash Player when I load them up.

Apple had dealt without Flash for oh so many years. It didn't stop people from making Flash websites and Apple's excuse to why they didn't support Flash was plain BS! They didn't support Flash for one simple reason and every tech knows why - because people could develop their own Flash based apps and games and bypass the iTunes store. In my past 1 & 1/2+ years on my Droid 2 never have I had a problem with flash content on a website, be it audio playback, video playback, apps, etc. Smart phones can handle flash just fine. Apple is a bunch of authoritarian BS artists so I wouldn't use them as a point in proof if I were you

Rev.
    I think his point is that it is less profitable for a website to use flash because they lose out on the Apple customers. Whether Apple's reasons are justified is a different discussion altogether :P
    07-04-2012 01:49 AM
    I prefer stock because the rss thingy is in the box where you type in the website name so I just tap it and I can add the Site to my rss feed

Apparently you can't do this on chrome or firefox so ill stick with the stock browser

And I think pages load pretty fast on the stock so I'm fine with it
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 01:51 AM
    I installed Chrome the other day and loving it so far on my GS3 for those of you looking for a nice browser.

Lots of cool new features that I actually use without even thinking about them. Unlimited pages open at once... list goes on and on.

Give it a try and post what new stuff you find or don't like about it.
    I really want to use this browser. It's fast and smooth, I also love the UI. BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY VIDEOS is killing it had for me. I can't stand it. So until trays fixed or there is a fix for it I'm using stock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    07-04-2012 05:26 AM

Rev.
    Html 5 can create apps too, so your point is invalid about not wanting to have flash for that reason.

I don't use flash on mobile devices. I haven't for several years & the internets work just fine. Many major sites play video just fine, YouTube works just fine, etc.

Chrome browser is great & I've really enjoyed it.
    07-04-2012 07:26 AM
    After starting this thread I had noticed more of a battery drain so I uninstalled Chrome yesterday. It looks to have been the issue.

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk
    07-04-2012 08:35 AM
    Dolphin browser is a pretty good alternative to both, in my opinion. Supposedly much faster than both, too.

Sent from my Incredible using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 08:47 AM
    Html 5 can create apps too, so your point is invalid about not wanting to have flash for that reason.
    No, it's not invalid, it's a fact. I know HTML 5 can do that too but of course Apple would have no choice but to accept that as it's the future of web browsing. They managed to hold out all these years however. With Flash in my mobile browser I've been able to listen to bands songs on their webpages (Embedded flash player) as well as video on others as well as flash interfaces on websites that didn't have mobile versions. I had an iPhone 3G for 2 years and IMO the lack of flash really sucked and did have a negative impact on my browsing.

Rev.
    07-04-2012 10:17 AM
    No, it's not invalid, it's a fact. I know HTML 5 can do that too but of course Apple would have no choice but to accept that as it's the future of web browsing. They managed to hold out all these years however. With Flash in my mobile browser I've been able to listen to bands songs on their webpages (Embedded flash player) as well as video on others as well as flash interfaces on websites that didn't have mobile versions. I had an iPhone 3G for 2 years and IMO the lack of flash really sucked and did have a negative impact on my browsing.

Rev.
    Maybe you didn't get the memo.... but Adobe is dropping flash support on Jelly Bean.
    07-04-2012 12:52 PM
    I have been using dolphin light and I really like it... it's fast I would recommend you guys to give it a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-04-2012 12:56 PM
    Maybe you didn't get the memo.... but Adobe is dropping flash support on Jelly Bean.
    And maybe you can't read so well:

"While I agree that is the future path... everyone keeps saying this like it's now or in the very near future. So far from my daily internet usage I don't see this happening so imminently. Flash is still on oh so many websites that I still need it on my phone. Just sayin'

Rev."

Like I said, yeah flash is going the way of the dodo, but right at this point in time many sites are still actively using flash.
    07-04-2012 01:33 PM
    well...responding after my last post above about battery issue after installing Chrome...

I uninstalled it and have been running for a bit now and battery seems to be much better.
    I didn't change any other apps or install or uninstall anything else, just Chrome.

So, If after you install Chrome, watch, because it may affect your battery life.
    07-05-2012 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD