How to make gallery app show device only content by default?

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, I can't figure out how to make this the default. I don't want to see all my Picasa pictures every time I open the gallery app.

Are there any alternatives?

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Correct, there is no way to make it stay default as "device only content", it changes back after closing the app.

This needs fixed.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
While I agree that the user should have the option, there is a logic to have the "share all" features as default in a phone promoted as a "sharing" experience. Just my 2 cents.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My S III also finds all the pictures on my desktop computer and NAS. Over 23,000 pictures being polled by the S III can't be good for battery life.

I'd like to set the device to only show images on the phone. I can deal with Picasa.

mcm180

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
i've been using QuickPic faithfully for years, you can even select folders to hide, to exclude, sorting options. I think the Google plus integration sucks ass ... i uploaded a lot to Picasa before it got swallowed up by gPlus ...it;'s one of the driving factors that made me wanna root my galaxy s3.

swohguy4u

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That feature is in ICS itself because I have an ASUS tablet and it does the same thing. It finds every picture and displays it in the Gallery.

swohguy4u

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
AH HA!!! If you rename the folder you dont want scanned into the gallery and add a "." in front of it, the folder will not show. You have to force stop Gallery for it to take effect. But if you want to use a picture from that folder, it is still available. :)