S3 Otterbox Commuter Case Review

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Oli. I'm looking into the seidio surface and the ballistic sg maxx case as well. Will you be reviewing those? And more importantly. I believe you did a review on a screen protector (had it the same brand on your nexus. Took a good amount of damage in a treadmill incident) I've been looking for that thread and the video tip find out what was the name of that screen protector. Could you tell me the name? And well if that wasn't your review. Don't I feel like a complete ass lol. Thanks dude

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...brilliant review, and you're bloody spot on about the power button! A friend reminded me that I can just use the home button to wake the screen :)

PS: are you going to do a review on a Speck Product case, too?

This is my review of the Otterbox commuter for the S3

Youtube Link

Any feedback is more than welcome

t35rk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you want to save some coin on a dual layer case, try the Acase Superleggera case. A well made case that has dual layer protection at the corners. Something that seems to be missing in the two cases reviewed above.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
If you want to save some coin on a dual layer case, try the Acase Superleggera case. A well made case that has dual layer protection at the corners. Something that seems to be missing in the two cases reviewed above.

Where?

Edit: Found it on Amazon. Looks pretty good, might order one if I can find free shipping. Thanks.

Last edited:

t35rk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Where?

Edit: Found it on Amazon. Looks pretty good, might order one if I can find free shipping. Thanks.

It's only $12 WITH shipping.

Many great reviews for this case from galaxy S2 and iPhone owners.

I'm happy with mine, although its currently empty

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It's only $12 WITH shipping.

Many great reviews for this case from galaxy S2 and iPhone owners.

I'm happy with mine, although its currently empty

I just ordered it in white. It's really not a bad price at all, but I also ordered the white commuter, which I tried to put in a cancellation for, and a black commuter. I'm interested to see how they compare.

t35rk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered it in white. It's really not a bad price at all, but I also ordered the white commuter, which I tried to put in a cancellation for, and a black commuter. I'm interested to see how they compare.

A mini review of the two would be cool. I think the two layer protection on the corners will be a plus for the Acase, and having the shell at the corners will make it slip in and out of pockets easier.

These cases have more front edge protection. I'm hoping it causes no problems with Rengo screen protector I will put on it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion of the Acase! I just picked one up!

t35rk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion of the Acase! I just picked one up!

There are 4 reviews of the S3 version of the Superleggera on Amazon. They all give 5 stars, except one who took a star off for not shipping in oem packaging.

So don't get your expectations too high. ;)