S3 Otterbox Commuter Case Review

Oli2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Oli2k, would this case feel too big to carry in your jeans/pants pocket or is it bearable??

I did make the phone feel big but was still usable day to day. For me personally I think the bumper I reviewed is about perfect for me as the phone still feels thin and lightweight but if I worked outdoors I'd be using the otterbox or trident case for drop protection. The case-mate pop was another case i've enjoyed using for a good overall balance.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Both your Commuter and your Trident case review were brilliant and much appreciated. I am still holding out for the Defender that I ordered. Will you be reviewing the Defender as well?

Oli2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Both your Commuter and your Trident case review were brilliant and much appreciated. I am still holding out for the Defender that I ordered. Will you be reviewing the Defender as well?

Thanks a lot, I'm new to video reviews so still working on a good format but I'm sure they will only get better. Yes I'll be reviewing the defender as soon as it's available.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Are the buttons hard to press? Sorry I watched the video but couldn't listen to the audio yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Oli2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I found it quite easy to get on and off as you can see in the video but I have done it a few times.

The buttons are hard to press compared to other protective cases like the Trident.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you get one let me know what you think

My last 2 Seidio active X cases left nicks and scratches on my Epic 4G. I'm hoping these new ones won't do the same thing to my SGS3! I'm also hoping that they changed the hinge system so they don't break off after some time like my previous active x cases. Thats why I ended up buying a 2nd one for my Epic 4g, lol!

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Good review! If I had to offer a suggestion, it would be good to see a visual comparison of the width of the phone with and without the case. Approximate measurements would be helpful too. I find that these are hard to come by and it's the only real way to get an idea of ease of use (i.e. pocket/holster storage, or overall feel in the hand).

Thanks for sharing!

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am correct in that the Commuter does not come with a belt click but the Deffender does? If this is the case can you even buy a clup holder for the Commuter?