I'm really looking forward to being able to mirror what is on my phone to my TV. I fully planed on purchasing the Allshare Dongle when the Verizon version of the phone came out, but I have not seen it for sale anywhere in the US. Has it not been released yet? If not, is there a release date set? I really couldn't find anything substantial on google. Thanks guys!
    07-04-2012 10:40 PM
    07-05-2012 12:00 AM
    I think theyre talking about the wireless one and I dont believe its out yet..
    07-05-2012 02:42 AM
    I'm sorry, yes I was talking about the wireless one... I guess it's not out yet
    07-05-2012 05:30 AM
    One more question... There is a possibility that I will be purchasing a Samsung Smart TV tomorrow... this TV has All Share Play... is this essentially the same thing as the dongle... for instance, can it show the same thing on the TV as is showing on my phone (my homescreen)?
    07-05-2012 08:26 PM
    07-05-2012 10:56 PM
    I think so...I think you only need the dongle if your tv does not have allshare
    07-05-2012 11:04 PM
    One more question... There is a possibility that I will be purchasing a Samsung Smart TV tomorrow... this TV has All Share Play... is this essentially the same thing as the dongle... for instance, can it show the same thing on the TV as is showing on my phone (my homescreen)?
    No, that's basically a DLNA client. So you can stream All Share content from other supported devices. It doesn't work very well in my experience (I have a Samsung TV and blu-ray player.) Wireless HDMI mirroring is a whole 'nother ballgame.
    NCchrisSU likes this.
    07-05-2012 11:33 PM
    Isn't the samsung allshare thing essentially WiDi (Intel's wireless direct?)
    Looks like a 2sec lag, so it's really only useful for one way stuff...presentations, videos, etc...not games or anything interactive...
    07-06-2012 07:06 AM
    Isn't the samsung allshare thing essentially WiDi (Intel's wireless direct?)
    Looks like a 2sec lag, so it's really only useful for one way stuff...presentations, videos, etc...not games or anything interactive...
    There's been a commercial showing this feature playing all week during Wimbledon telecast on ESPN/ESPN2.
    07-06-2012 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD