07-05-2012 11:41 AM
31 12
tools
    How can you not select text from a webpage? You just press on the screen for a moment and brackets will show up to allow you to select text.
    When trying to select text in a text box such as this forum's editor. For example if I wanted to deleted the quote part of this reply, I have to put the first cursor at the beginning of the "[QUOTE=..."and the end cursor at the end quote. But this is glitched - the arrows won't go where I click them or they won't actually select the text that is in between them half the time.
    07-05-2012 10:20 AM
    Audio Manager has a great widget to control all of your volume levels.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.
    THAT's the one I was looking for! I couldn't remember the name of it when I was posting my suggestions earlier.
    07-05-2012 10:28 AM
    I apologize for the trollish thread title. I'm just frustrated with these bugs coming from an iphone.

I edited the title and original post to be less flamish because I really am looking for solutions not "go back to iphone ya pansy" comments (which is the type of attitude that really turns people away from OSS in general).
    07-05-2012 10:38 AM
    I apologize for the trollish thread title. I'm just frustrated with these bugs coming from an iphone.
    Lol, it goes both ways. My wife has an iPhone and it annoys the hell out of me...

Just keep in mind that the quality of responses you get is directly related to how you ask the question. There are those on both sides of the fence that have some deeply held philosophical views regarding iOS v. Android, so when you come in guns blazing with a thread title like that you get more of a Religion and Politics discussion than actual help.

Good luck getting your issues ironed out!
    07-05-2012 10:48 AM
    There are some people around here that will never give you a chance just because you've had an iPhone. And even more that are going to flame you for pointing out bugs/issues/poor design within Android, or even a manufacturer's modification of Android. I've experienced the edit box bug you speak of. (I'm running CyanogenMod 7 on an HTC EVO 4G currently) As a potential (painful) workaround, you could edit the text in a text editor app then paste it in. I usually just skip posting from my phone's web browser.

I think in the long run, you'll find Android to be a great experience. It has its ups and downs, but almost every negative can be fixed if you're willing to tinker a little!
    Rev2010 likes this.
    07-05-2012 11:07 AM
    svmtoo,

1. The issue with the international one will be more about what carrier you want to use.it is GSM only ans so that limits you to ATT and T-Mo. Other then that i have never heard anyone talk about issues with connectivity to services. The issue with the iphone is more because you are locked into Aapples little world of connectivity.

2. When it comes to this kind of stuff BB has generally been king. I am thinking more so if you are talking about local PST on your work computer. But if you are talking about exchange server with Active sync, Android is still pretty awesome. I love the fact i can move emails and such between folders on the server that I couldn't do with my old BB9000
    07-05-2012 11:41 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD