Samsung Galaxy S3 Gripes

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed many people talk about lag on the S3.

I also had some lag on my S3, ....then i remembered i was using the powersave mode. :confused:

after I shut that...lag goes away.

Its a new phone, so things take some getting used to.

double check your settings and make sure you didnt make the same mistake as me :cool:

as for the negative attacks
I dont know why people feel the need to qualify their purchase by constantly stating that the S3 is "the best thing out there"... Threads like this are best kept on point to try to help the OP fix their problem. telling them how wrong they are doesn't help them fix anything. The S3 may be the best thing since pRon but everyone has a learning curve. I've had mine awhile now and I learn new stuff about it every day.

Wow thanks a lot I actually do use Powersave mode I'll see how it works with it off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

splashattack

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Im fairly happy with my S3 as far as performance but the display bugs me a bit. How it produces red bugs me, like in the netflix app. Nothing TOO bad but I can notice it. And the display isnt nearly as scratch resistant as I would have hoped. Had it since Sunday and have done everything to keep the screen from being scratched without having a case or screen protector. Got a half inch scratch now. My old Tbolt never got any scratches without me even trying to protect it. It took quite a few falls. Dunno if I wanna keep it now. The scratch just irritates me when I see it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
but the display bugs me a bit. How it produces red bugs me, like in the netflix app. Nothing TOO bad but I can notice it

Totally agreed. I can live with it but the amoled display on the S3 is ridiculously over-hyped in color, especially the reds as you noted. It's even worse on the Galaxy Note, so bad it was one of the main reasons I returned it. It's not *as* bad on the S3 but still very noticeable. You can download an app from the market, if I recall it was called Screen Adjuster or something like that, that let's you tweak the RGB levels. It worked very well for the Note and has a Start on Boot option. It's however only an overlay, it only adds, it doesn't actually subtract levels. I'm not using it on my S3 cause I can live with it. On the Note however the reds were so ridiculous I kept the app running.

Rev.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly what I was thinking. An in no way did I asked to get attacked for expressing some gripes with a phone I stated I loved.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As sad as it is what start all the negative responses was the line in the sand you drew with your first sentense. You declared yourself a Iphone Faithful, and stated you were first and foremost a Iphone user.

It shouldn't make a difference, but in a passionate community, that can come across antagonistic.

So some members reacted poorly, I agree, but that also doesn't excuse condensending remarks by you as well to them attacking finanacial status based on a comment about more phones they can afford. No one is without blame in the flame fest that took place earlier.

Can't we all just get along :p

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
As sad as it is what start all the negative responses was the line in the sand you drew with your first sentense. You declared yourself a Iphone Faithful, and stated you were first and foremost a Iphone user.

It shouldn't make a difference, but in a passionate community, that can come across antagonistic.

So some members reacted poorly, I agree, but that also doesn't excuse condensending remarks by you as well to them attacking finanacial status based on a comment about more phones they can afford. No one is without blame in the flame fest that took place earlier.

Can't we all just get along :p

There was nothing inappropriate about his first message, unless you think Android users are so fragile that the mention of someone who likes the iPhone is a criminal attack that must be remedied.

I'm an Android user, but I have to say the constant iSheep and iStupid and other comments in so many of these forums is just juvenile. And to say that the OP in any way fed the attacks he got for saying he's a fan of the iPhone but has an S3 is ridiculous. I know that Apple Fanboys can be annoying, but look in the mirror, our own side has a huge share of juvenile dicks who spend their time attacking Apple users. Sure his second response was a bit heated, but geez, after all the "go back to your Apple phone you idiot" comments, who wouldn't be? What happened to treating people with respect? The original poster's comment was in no way inflammatory, and to excuse it as being "oh yea, since you said in your first sentence you are an iPhone fan which is blasphemy", that's just ridiculous.

It's a phone, it's not your life.

Last edited:

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Another cause of intermittent lag may be apps syncing in the background, or the phone looking for signal (data, wifi, bluetooth, etc.). If the powersave thing doesn't work out, try playing in airplane mode to see if you can rule out background syncing or signal searching.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
There was nothing inappropriate about his first message, unless you think Android users are so fragile that the mention of someone who likes the iPhone is a criminal attack that must be remedied.

I'm an Android user, but I have to say the constant iSheep and iStupid and other comments in so many of these forums is just juvenile. And to say that the OP in any way fed the attacks he got for saying he's a fan of the iPhone but has an S3 is ridiculous. I know that Apple Fanboys can be annoying, but look in the mirror, our own side has a huge share of juvenile dicks who spend their time attacking Apple users. Sure his second response was a bit heated, but geez, after all the "go back to your Apple phone you idiot" comments, who wouldn't be? What happened to treating people with respect? The original poster's comment was in no way inflammatory, and to excuse it as being "oh yea, since you said in your first sentence you are an iPhone fan which is blasphemy", that's just ridiculous.

Once again... the problem wasn't that these guys are iPhone ysers. It's that they gave the impression of having attitude by instead of claiming they need help understanding their phones... they were saying Android is screwed up.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Come on now, you post in an android forum, bashing the #1 android phone to date with iPhone mentions/comparisons. What do you expect. Man up, you asked for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The number one android phone to date? It maybe the latest Android phone to date, but #1? I'd give it some time to prove itself as being the #1 phone before we jump to any conclusions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Why are you upset with with me. I agree that it was chidish and stupid how people were acting. I wasn't defending the behavior. I was stating how things went the way they did.

Can you really tell me what benifit came from the first sentence other then insite the juveniles. Do you seriously think that things would of gone the same if he didn't make that the first point of his post.

I was first and foremost a Blackberry user a few years ago. I certainly wasn't going to come here and state that and then complain about my captivate when I bought it.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Why are you upset with with me. I agree that it was chidish and stupid how people were acting. I wasn't defending the behavior. I was stating how things went the way they did.

Can you really tell me what benifit came from the first sentence other then insite the juveniles. Do you seriously think that things would of gone the same if he didn't make that the first point of his post.

I was first and foremost a Blackberry user a few years ago. I certainly wasn't going to come here and state that and then complain about my captivate when I bought it.

that was probably more of a general rant at the state of the forums these days. But you did open your note saying that he was at fault for saying he was an iPhone user, and said he deserved some of the blame.

"As sad as it is what start all the negative responses was the line in the sand you drew with your first sentense. You declared yourself a Iphone Faithful, and stated you were first and foremost a Iphone user.

It shouldn't make a difference, but in a passionate community, that can come across antagonistic."

I honestly can't see how any of the OP could be seen as "antagonistic". And if you look at the other 'gripe' threads about the S3, none of them went down this path, so I think you are right that the OP got attacked for saying he liked the iPhone, but then you almost excuse it saying, "hey, it's not right, but what are ya gonna do about it".

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The number one android phone to date? It maybe the latest Android phone to date, but #1? I'd give it some time to prove itself as being the #1 phone before we jump to any conclusions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I guess 9 million in pre-orders is just hype? And as far as the flaming the OP received, try going to an apple forum and making an opening statement like that about an android phone.

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have now had my S3 for about a week now and feel I can put out some things an iPhone faithful doesn't like about it. I'm first a foremost an iPhone user (as my main phone). I have the Galaxy Note switched to it as my main driver thought it was the key to my small screen problems 3 days later said ahh like it could love it but not for me. I had Razr Maxx etc. and now I'm on the S3. This will be my main phone for now on, but here is my biggest gripe lag. This phone just lags all day. Now I aka over exaggerating a bit by saying all day but what I mean is mtg keyboard lags, playing games like Temple Run and racing games definitly lags anyone who questions me I'll make a quick video post it to YouTube for you because I know people will say nuh uh not mine you're lying blah blah blah. S Voice is terrible just terrible compared to Siri I'll make a video of that as well although there are plenty. Last gripe this SD Card bug why can't I save apps to my 64Gig SD Card what is going on with that b.s. besides all that I love it. It is now my main phone and will remain my main phone.

I didn't like the keyboard at all, not just for the lag (though i didn't notice it too much), but i switched to the swype beta keyboard and i love it. much smoother.

Reactions: phonejunky

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
that was probably more of a general rant at the state of the forums these days. But you did open your note saying that he was at fault for saying he was an iPhone user, and said he deserved some of the blame.

"As sad as it is what start all the negative responses was the line in the sand you drew with your first sentense. You declared yourself a Iphone Faithful, and stated you were first and foremost a Iphone user.

It shouldn't make a difference, but in a passionate community, that can come across antagonistic."

I honestly can't see how any of the OP could be seen as "antagonistic". And if you look at the other 'gripe' threads about the S3, none of them went down this path, so I think you are right that the OP got attacked for saying he liked the iPhone, but then you almost excuse it saying, "hey, it's not right, but what are ya gonna do about it".

It is a very rare occurrance in life that when a conflict occurs both parties involved aren't alteast partially responseable. There is also someting to be said about learning how to avoid conflict. My point was the direction of this thread could of been easily avoided. There will always be those few that ruin things for the rest of us.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the keyboard at all, not just for the lag (though i didn't notice it too much), but i switched to the swype beta keyboard and i love it. much smoother.

I am a little lost. I thought Swype came on Galaxy S phones. Does the S3 not have it. I like swype allot, but it has caused lag on occasion as well. To be honest I haven't found a keyboard with autocorrect that hasn't.

Something to think about when you are playing games that can effect everything thing is certain resource intensive apps will cause other stuff to drop from ram. Therefore causing a percieved lag when those items have to reload.

You may also want to use the task manager if you start to experience lag. Kill apps that are int he background. I have noticed big improvments with lag on my Galaxy Note by doing that.

professorjay

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The lesson is don't say anything negative about the S3.

This is the most perfect creation in the history of mankind! (Still waiting for it to arrive though...) Now let's just flood the forum w/ these kinds of posts and it will be the greatest forum ever!!!

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The lesson is don't say anything negative about the S3.

This is the most perfect creation in the history of mankind! (Still waiting for it to arrive though...) Now let's just flood the forum w/ these kinds of posts and it will be the greatest forum ever!!!

LoL this would be one boring forum

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I guess 9 million in pre-orders is just hype? And as far as the flaming the OP received, try going to an apple forum and making an opening statement like that about an android phone.

I thought it was 10 million but I'm probably wrong, either way are you saying that because others do it it's ok?