Samsung Galaxy S3 Gripes

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My two gripes: 1) the keyboards that come with the phone suck and I can't find the Swype keyboard from my galaxy s2. 2) the flash player on the phone is super laggy and when you double tap on it, it doesn't zoom in or anything. Seems like this phone is not compatible with flash. The videos play all choppy as well.

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So everyone who shares negative experiences or is not giving this phone the highest praise is an iPhone fanboy or their post is deemed worthless. OK. Gotcha

I came from a 4s to this phone. So far I don't miss the 4s at all. This thing runs so smooth with zero lag and gotta love the big screen

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My two gripes: 1) the keyboards that come with the phone suck and I can't find the Swype keyboard from my galaxy s2. 2) the flash player on the phone is super laggy and when you double tap on it, it doesn't zoom in or anything. Seems like this phone is not compatible with flash. The videos play all choppy as well.

Which flash player? My videos aren't choppy....

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
On second thought your post is fine, it reassures me that incompetence still exists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Says the guy who starts his post with "Yawn, literally." then proceeds to tell his life story that no one cares about, only to follow up with another arrogant post. I hear the pot calling the kettle..

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Which flash player? My videos aren't choppy....

I have the latest one from the market. I downloaded it because flash didn't come with my phone. I had to install it. Websites like ign and gamespot don't run as smooth as they did on my galaxy s2. I don't know about you, but when I double tap on a video to resize it, nothing happens. I don't know if you had the galaxy s2, but on that one, the videos did resize; as with the evo.

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Says the guy who starts his post with "Yawn, literally." then proceeds to tell his life story that no one cares about, only to follow up with another arrogant post. I hear the pot calling the kettle..

I said yawn because a lot of the posts are just bashing on the op. I posted to give a little background and my gripe is with the pricing contract free so why don't you post something constructive rather than bashing my posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I did some digging around regarding flash player, and this is what I found: adobe is no longer going to support flash player on android beginning with 4.1, which would explain why it is crap on this phone. That is a big bummer for me, because that is the reason I went with android. That means no more watching movies or tv shows on the web. They said flash wad old technology, but how can it be old when pretty much every website uses flash. one of the reasons I bought the s3 isthat I thought I was going to be able to watch movies and tv shows on a bigger screen. I for one will not update to jelly bean, because that will be the end of flash.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I did some digging around regarding flash player, and this is what I found: adobe is no longer going to support flash player on android beginning with 4.1, which would explain why it is crap on this phone. That is a big bummer for me, because that is the reason I went with android. That means no more watching movies or tv shows on the web. They said flash wad old technology, but how can it be old when pretty much every website uses flash. one of the reasons I bought the s3 isthat I thought I was going to be able to watch movies and tv shows on a bigger screen. I for one will not update to jelly bean, because that will be the end of flash.

Why don't you DL your movies and TV shows. They look sooo much better than streaming them over the web!

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest one from the market. I downloaded it because flash didn't come with my phone. I had to install it. Websites like ign and gamespot don't run as smooth as they did on my galaxy s2. I don't know about you, but when I double tap on a video to resize it, nothing happens. I don't know if you had the galaxy s2, but on that one, the videos did resize; as with the evo.

No I'm coming from an iPhone so I'm very impressed with it lol

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you DL your movies and TV shows. They look sooo much better than streaming them over the web!

it will take too long. Nothing beats the convenience of streaming movies and tv shows over the web. But even if I were to download them, they still don'tt solve the other issues with flash player. I can't view videos on pages that I would normally be able to view such as ESPN, IGN, Yahoo, and a many more; pages that I normally visit in desktop mode.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
anybody here with lots of video clips on the GSIII? i have almost 400 video clips and when i go into the video player and switch to thumbnail view, i notice a major lag in the animation.:'(

it is worse when i try to fast scroll through the video list in thumbnail view...i thoought the GSIII was supposed to be too powerful to suffer this type of mortal weakness?:(

anybody else noticed this? oh btw...my videos are located both on the internal and external memories

RenHax

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the samsung galaxy s3 as well... and the typing lag is something I can relate to. Its only occassional though, but when it does happen it's quite annoying.
No other lags have occured though.

Oyster55

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I was convinced by and Android programmer friend of mine to
switch to the Samsung S3. I am VERY disappointed!

Main issues are: No. 1. is the un-intuitiveness of the dang thing,
but mainly No. 2. the buttons - there's about 5 too many of them and I am
always touching one of them by accident then, because of no. 1 above,
I am on a different screen, my audio has stopped and I can't find the player!

WTF?

Also, when you find the camera and you turn it sideways to take a picture,
your thumb exactly just touched the Back button and you are Lost again
on a different screen with no obvious way to get back. Are you f-ing kidding
me? What an unbelievably stupid place for the Back button!

The volume button should be recessed - I somehow have turned the volume
OFF countless times and missed phone calls. (I don't even know how to do
this deliberately.) And the Evil right-side button needs to be on top, like Apple
- I am afraid to even touch the phone when I get my audio playing for fear of
touching one of the 5 button/bombs.

For the life of me I cannot select a whole message for copy/cut and paste.
When you touch a message you get a stupid insert arrow or just a word selected.
There's no obvious way to SELECT ALL and COPY or CUT! - On Apple this
is easy and obvious,

And Bluetooth. I listen to mostly audiobooks and my iPhone always remembered
where I was when I turn the car off and back on again later. With the S3, it randomly
wants to start at the beginning, or worse, a new track! I bought WinAmp Pro hoping
to fix this. Nope. Worse, I actually managed to get 2 both WinAmp and the stock
player playing 2 different tracks simultaneously! WTF again? This is freaky: I've
had audio playing, but NEITHER player running in open apps area or anywhere.
Really bad: After the S3 goes on the charger in the house overnight, in the morning
I have to re-connect it to the car. Somehow it doesn't remember it was connected.
NEVER once had this problem with the iPhone in my new Lincoln.

I could go on, there's a ton more of issues I can describe with this PILE OF ****,
but I've had nothing but hate and frustration since getting the S3.

A pile of **** this thing is!!! I am switching back!

-Drew
==============================================================

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Seriously, if you switch platforms and expect it to work just like the old one, you're guaranteed to be disappointed. No matter what your coming from and switching to. There are 20 million Galaxy S3 owners world wide, and somehow the majority of them have figured out how to hold the phone without continually hitting the wrong buttons. I cut and paste without difficulty. I have no issues using the camera without hitting the back button. Mine always reconnects to my car BT, no matter which of 3 cars I'm in that day.

Nothing personal, but at least half your problems are user error. The other half could probably be resolved. But since you appear to expect it to work just like your iPhone, you'll never be satisfied. I'd offer to help, but since it's pretty clear you joined just so you could complain, there's little point in trying. I hope it made you feel better, because otherwise is was just a waste of breath.

Enjoy your iPhone. I'm glad it works for you. I'm sorry you weren't willing to make the effort to learn in what ways the S3 is superior.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There are 20 million Galaxy S3 owners world wide, and somehow the majority of them have figured out how to hold the phone without continually hitting the wrong buttons. I cut and paste without difficulty. I have no issues using the camera without hitting the back button. Mine always reconnects to my car BT.

Nothing personal, but at least half your problems are user error.

I'm sorry you weren't willing to make the effort to learn in what ways the S3 is superior.

Agree with everything you said. Especially about the 20 million users with no problems vs. this one "yahoo" that can't figure out how to work the phone properly!
The S3 is a great device, and like any new device there is a "learning curve".

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
if it was just like the iphone it wou ld be patent infringement. love the above post. love my s3.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

comshock25

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I was convinced by and Android programmer friend of mine to
switch to the Samsung S3. I am VERY disappointed!

Main issues are: No. 1. is the un-intuitiveness of the dang thing,
but mainly No. 2. the buttons - there's about 5 too many of them and I am
always touching one of them by accident then, because of no. 1 above,
I am on a different screen, my audio has stopped and I can't find the player!

WTF?

Also, when you find the camera and you turn it sideways to take a picture,
your thumb exactly just touched the Back button and you are Lost again
on a different screen with no obvious way to get back. Are you f-ing kidding
me? What an unbelievably stupid place for the Back button!

These kind of ignoramus rants used to irritate me a lot. Now I just smile and shake my head :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz