06-16-2013 05:16 PM
51 123
tools
    Leave the box checked that says "with swype lock", uncheck the box that says "lock instantly with power button" then set your "lock automatically" time limit to whatever you want. If you unlock it before that time limit, it won't ask you to put in the password. That should be what you're wanting to do.

This works on my phone as well. Swipe to go to home screen but after (mine is set to 30min) you have to pattern unlock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-15-2012 01:04 AM
    Leave the box checked that says "with swype lock", uncheck the box that says "lock instantly with power button" then set your "lock automatically" time limit to whatever you want. If you unlock it before that time limit, it won't ask you to put in the password. That should be what you're wanting to do.

Unfortunately that does not. Whatever button I press under that lock time limit, it goes straight to the home screen WITHOUT asking me to swipe again. It literally just goes straight to the screen.. which can be risky since I may be using my phone, then let it time out and put it in my pocket.. and accidently press the home key without know.. so now my screen is back on WITHOUT swipe which means alot of pocket calling/pressing without me know.

I want to have it so that when it times out UNDER the lock time limit, it will STILL ask me to swipe regardless. Basically I want to swipe EVERY TIME - locked or not locked. I do NOT want to press power/home and be able to go straight into my home screen
    07-15-2012 03:13 AM
    Make sure you have the security settings on pattern or pin or whatever you want along with the box checked for swype lock. Here is what my security settings are at. It works the way you say you want it to work, so I don't know why you're having so much trouble....

07-15-2012 02:54 PM
    Make sure you have the security settings on pattern or pin or whatever you want along with the box checked for swype lock. Here is what my security settings are at. It works the way you say you want it to work, so I don't know why you're having so much trouble....

My settings look exactly like that. I'm not new to Android so I've definitely tweaked everything around - and am almost certain this is not possible

Either your settings are different (per carrier) or me and you aren't on the same page.

Do this:
    Wake your phone.. unlock your pattern.. let your phone sit and time out.. press home/power. Now, does it ask you to swipe? Answer for me is no. Will it ask me to swipe once it reaches 5 mins of timed out? Yes.

What I want is for both situations to require swipe. Your phone will not ask you to swipe after you wake it if your lock screen hasnt kicked in.
    07-15-2012 10:12 PM
    Hmm... It always requires me to swipe it, just not put in the pattern when I do what you were saying. And I'm the newbie to android, this is my first device haha not sure why it's inconsistent for you
    07-15-2012 10:27 PM
    Hmm... It always requires me to swipe it, just not put in the pattern when I do what you were saying. And I'm the newbie to android, this is my first device haha not sure why it's inconsistent for you
    Yeah this is odd. The OP of this thread wants the same thing but I guess he just gave up since he doesnt post in this anymore haha
    07-15-2012 11:57 PM
    I'm also having this problem. My carrier is verizon. I just set it as pin lock instantly for now until theres a fix or another way.
    07-16-2012 12:27 AM
    Still monitoring the thread, but there doesn't appear to be a solution outside of purchasing an app...
    07-16-2012 08:56 AM
    Still monitoring the thread, but there doesn't appear to be a solution outside of purchasing an app...
    Yeah, and I'm about THIS close to buying it
    07-16-2012 03:38 PM
    I am also having this same problem..

Setting up password security and using lets say 10 minute delay.. the swipe lock will not work.. so I can press the power button off and on and the screen will just come on or off no swipe or anything.
    I hate this. Now every time the phone in my pocket, I'm thinking maybe some buttons are being pressed or calling someone without me knowing.

This is on my Samsung GS3. Latest update. I tried on the stock, Stock Rooted, and the FreeGS3 Rom.

I wanted to note that at first I thought it was the full device encryption I used. But later I removed the encryption and still the same problem.
    10-13-2012 03:11 PM
    theres no way potentialy having to buy a cheap piece of software should hold you back from getting a hot bit of hardware man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-13-2012 03:19 PM
    theres no way potentialy having to buy a cheap piece of software should hold you back from getting a hot bit of hardware man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

The problem for me at least.. isn't the app, even if there is one that would work it will drain the battery. I have tried widget locker lockscreen and its really bad with the battery. So I didn't even want to try it on my Samsung.
    10-13-2012 03:31 PM
    i find it fine but i suppose it depends how often you unlock your phone (mine spends half the day unlocked and my lockscreen is very simple)

10-14-2012 08:39 AM
    You want it so that if the phone is left alone for, say 1 hr.. a PIN is required. But if you just used it, put it down for 1 minute, and try to unlock it, no PIN, right?

I don't have mine yet(should be here Monday) but thats how I have it set on my HTC Incredible, and that would definitely be a pain in the *** if it requires a PIN every time regardless of how long its been locked. Sometimes I'll put my phone down real quick to do something .. I definitely don't want it asking me my PIN every single time I leave it alone
    PRECISELY! Currently, my SGS3 is set with a screen lock, with swipe lock, lock automatically in 10 minutes after screen turns off. When turning the screen off, then turning it back on, swipe lock should still be enabled, but PIN / pattern lock should NOT be required unless there is at least 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT GOOGLE / SAMSUNG?? Even more-so considering the SGS3 is a 'SAFE' (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) device!
    10-25-2012 04:28 PM
    PRECISELY! Currently, my SGS3 is set with a screen lock, with swipe lock, lock automatically in 10 minutes after screen turns off. When turning the screen off, then turning it back on, swipe lock should still be enabled, but PIN / pattern lock should NOT be required unless there is at least 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT GOOGLE / SAMSUNG?? Even more-so considering the SGS3 is a 'SAFE' (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) device!
    OK, figured it out. In the security and lock screen menu, UNCHECK 'Lock instantly with power key'. Then the screen device timeout, lock screen options, lock screen automatically will all fall into effect. Yep, feel like an *****! :/

Galaxy S3 Lockscreen-lock-screen.jpg
    10-25-2012 05:18 PM
    im having the same problem. my phone isnt giving me the option to check/uncheck "lock instantly with power key"
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...1-23-03-13.png
    12-11-2012 11:15 PM
    im having the same problem. my phone isnt giving me the option to check/uncheck "lock instantly with power key"
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...1-23-03-13.png
    I'm having th same issue after a factory reset

12-20-2012 09:03 AM
    My Sprint S3 works as the OP describes. But, I don't see it as a problem. I've never noticed my S3 turning on in my pocket when it's unlocked. My old Evo 4G did it all the time (I assume because the capacitive buttons would activate through the thin material of the pocket), but the physical home button on the S3 seems to require enough force that it's not an issue.
    12-20-2012 03:27 PM
    I have two galaxy s3's and on one of them the screen lock gives me options to change it to how long i want it to wait until my screen locks and asks for a pin number. However on the other one it is automatically set to immediatley, how can i change this to 4 mins, it doesnt give me the options? It locks straight away and its annoying to have to put the pin in every time i pick up the phone as i am on it alot.
    Please help? Is there different versions of this S3?
    02-01-2013 05:56 AM
    Guys, m from Arunachal Pradesh. This is news for all the tech lovers... In my place Itanagar, we are being offered smartphones for half the price (sic). Means, the price of Galaxy Note 2 is 37,100 but we are getting 45% discount, so it totals around 20,000. And the iPad Mini 3g+wifi is 16,500
    02-01-2013 06:07 AM
    I have two galaxy s3's and on one of them the screen lock gives me options to change it to how long i want it to wait until my screen locks and asks for a pin number. However on the other one it is automatically set to immediatley, how can i change this to 4 mins, it doesnt give me the options? It locks straight away and its annoying to have to put the pin in every time i pick up the phone as i am on it alot.
    Please help? Is there different versions of this S3?
    02-01-2013 07:07 AM
    Are they on different carriers, or different versions of Android (4.1 vs. 4.0)?
    02-01-2013 08:28 AM
    It's been a couple months since this thread has been active. Is there a fix for this yet?
    02-08-2013 12:41 PM
    Hey..
    I bought a samsung galaxy SIII a week ago...But I had an issue with the screen It never turns off even when I click on the power button .. there's no swipping to unlock it and when I click on the power or the home button it shows me directly the prev.pages... What to do I can only swipe to unlock the screen after turning off the phone what to do ? I need ur help
    03-31-2013 09:50 AM
    Did you buy this new? If so, I think the answer is to take it back where you got it and tell them it's defective.
    03-31-2013 10:24 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD