Phone won't sync as a media device

Buddy Husted

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It isn't XP, both desktops and laptob all run XP w/svc 3, other desktop and laptop work with phone, this other desktop won't? It has something to do with driver or software on pc....what though? is the question as I have all drivers installed???And it worked before i restored this PC? And I have not found a working solution anywhere??? :(

capthook1960

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone synced without a problem and I was able to download music and mp4 videos. Since I ripped all my movies and tv shows in mp4 format WMP couldnt play them until I downloaded the mp4 codec then it worked fine. Then I upgraded my OS from Vista to Windows 7 and thats when it would not work anymore. WMP supposedly supports mp4 format but I may have to install the mp4 codec again for Windows 7. My problem is everytime I plug my phone in WMP wants to download music to my phones internal storage and not the sd card. I may have to go to WalMart and get another card and a card reader to see if that is the problem. If that doesnt solve it then I may have to reinstall Vista because everything worked fine when I had that OS. Either that or I will try to download Media Player Classic.

KylertheHunter

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I found the same problem and it drove me nuts. It's not so much the phone (or the Nexus) it's Media Player. Specifically version 12 (although the fix may work for other versions). Please note that I am running Win7 64bit.
Steps:
1) Go to your Start Menu
2) In the Search field type services.msc
3) Scroll down to find Portable Device Enumerator Service; double click to open
4) Where it says "Startup type:" switch it to Automatic
5) Hit Apply and then OK

Depending on how fast your computer itself recognizes the device will determine how fast Windows Media Player finds it.
I'm to sure if this is the same step XP users would use. But I hope this helps a little.

thewelshhobbit

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
i had music on my samsung galaxy s2 up until a few days ago it was picking and choosing which music it would play and saying there was a licence issue with some others then the upgrade to EE took place then the message i would get up was 'error this item is no longer available' so i followed the instructions on my media player to remove all the music from my mobile unsynced the phone and removed what had recently been added to my mobile to start again from scratch like i'd just gotten the mobile and wanted to put my music on it but i kept getting the same results only one or two single songs would play anything in an album said the error message now my phone won't sync with my media player on my laptop full stop and i can't find out why, i've managed to transfer one single song over via bluetooth but anything else is saying the error message so i'm hoping it's not going to be a case of i can only transfer one song a day it'll take forever!!

James Blackmore

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
To solve the problem of pc only recognising phone only as camera I put windows media player 10 and samsung kies on the pc and now it recognises it as it should. I can now see everything that is on my phone through the pc and transfer movies, music and files between the two. No problems. I am running XP professional sp3. Hope this helps people out.

James:)

carlt3188

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
YES!!! I spent the better part of today installing and uninstalling and updating and Youtube watching and forum surfing and BLAH! Then I noticed in my account settings on S II that sync is not working and I saw online where Android issued a statement saying sync is down and that they are currently trying to resolve the issue. Hopefully things will be cleared up asap.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Teresa,
You tried copying to the SD card using a file manager on your phone, or when it was connected via USB with your PC?
If the former, what was the path you tried to copy to?
If the latter, was your phone in MTP mode when you tried to copy?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Alex Perry1

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say - thanks so much for this - I'd spent ages faffing around with Kies before this trying to sync up - enabling this discovery service meant normal sync just worked (at long last)

Dawn Danielle Said

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am new to this Forum so I don't know if I am even in the right place. I searched on the internet and found this. What I am looking for is maybe someone who can walk me through to getting my LG -L41C which is a straight talk android smartphone to sync my music from window's media. I had no problems before. I deleted a lot of my music from my phone and I want to add more to it from my laptop like I did prior to deleting and now I am faced with an issue. Does anyone know what to do and how I can get this thing to work? Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.

anon9554818

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
k i know this was posted a while ago but if u for some reason still need help or whatever or if anyone else is looking for help, if u have a windows computer, connect your device, go to windows media player and click the sync button in the top right then in the top left is the organize button. Under that, click on options, then click on refresh and u might have to click twice if it doesn't refresh the first time, then you should see the name of your device pop up click on it then click ok at the bottom. Now your device should be synced and you can transfer music:)

bugerkng

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure sure if this is still relevant since it has been some time, but the following is what I did to get connected to PC. Hope it works for you. (for android lollipop)

On phone,
1. Go to "about device"
2. Click "build number" about 7 times to activate developer options
3. Go back to main menu, you will notice "developer options" available
4. Select "developer options" and Uncheck USB debugging

On PC,
1. Connect phone to PC
2. Go to device manager
3. Select android phone
4. Click on the driver tab
5. Choose uninstall
6. Disconnect and then Reconnect phone (windows will automatically try to install driver)
- make sure USB debugging is still unchecked
7. Skip search for drivers
8. Wait
9. Windows will then install driver from phone automatically.
10. DONE!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay