I can't seem to understand how the SD cards work on the S3. I am importing my music (using spotify) and it is filling up the phone's storage quickly, while my SD card still has over 20 gigs of space. Is this ok? I can't seem to navigate which programs download to which SD card..
    07-06-2012 09:42 PM
    Yeah - kind of having the same issue. It seems that Chrome and any photos saved from the stock txt messaging app automatically save to the internal memory. I can't seem to find any setting to change this to save everything to the external SD card.
    07-06-2012 10:28 PM
    Some apps aren't designed to work with storage the way the SGS3 does.

If you root, you can use a file exploring app to see that in /mnt (where storage gets "mounted"), there is a "sdcard" folder, and a "extSdCard" folder. Ext for "external." Samsung is treating the external SD card, or the MicroSD card you put in, as something different. Most all apps are hard-coded to save to /mnt/sdcard, which is the SGS3's "internal" storage.

It's a strange method, to say the least, and outside of waiting for apps to update and support Samsung's storage method, or a root app to create symlinks on the internal storage and moving the files to the microsd card specifically for the SGS3, it's unlikely you'll get a fix any time soon.
    07-07-2012 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD