Galaxy S3: Text Messages + Ford Sync

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Text Messages + Ford Sync

It probably does, it's just disabled because people will care more about their text messages then paying attention to what is on the road....just my 2 cents. The way people drive, they have too many distractions already. I wish the cops would enforce the laws a bit better.

galaxyjoy

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I have an S3 and just bought a 2013 Escape. My ford touch will display my message, but if I hit the voice button and say "read message" it tells me that "text messaging is not supported on this device." Very frustrating. Any idea's what I can do to get it to read my message?

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Just picked up my 2013 Escape with My Ford Touch. Phone connects fine, downloads the phone book fine but will NOT support text messaging. According to SYNC tech support, MAP is on by default and no way to turn it off. My sync is version 3.5.1 (which i'm being told is most current) and I'm on Stock ATT on my S3.

Anyone get this to work? any tips/tricks?

If you flash CM 10 ***Not the Nightly 10.1*** if works. It was the mod that I found that will work 100% with 3.5.1 version of Sync MyFord Touch

XLisa Mackiex

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone,
I have a galaxy s3 and a 13 plate fiesta zetec. I had problems with my text message function . The sync wouldn't read my messages or notify me I had a message, until I texted myself from the car. Now all my messages are coming thru to the car. Hope maybe this helps. Xx

dzmetana

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Need help to connect MFT gen 2 3.1
Galaxy 3 JB 4.1.1
Need to enable SMS in Bluetooth MAP......
Who has figured this out??

lilibet39

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Hi Lisa
Thanks for the tip. I have a 2013 Fiesta but my current phone (old non smart) does everything else but doesn't do txt msgs. I had been looking for a new phone and checking reviews. After trying your tip my husband's Galaxy SII connects to txt msgs and his phone is almost at factory settings (not tech savvy) he didn't need to turn anything 'on' as others have suggested.

Thanks again:)

giffer

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I have an S3 and just bought a 2013 Escape. My ford touch will display my message, but if I hit the voice button and say "read message" it tells me that "text messaging is not supported on this device." Very frustrating. Any idea's what I can do to get it to read my message?

I have a Samsung Note 2 and have the same exact problem on my 13 Escape. I can get text messages, but I cannot reply via voice command. I get the same, Text messaging is not supported on this device" message. Yet if I get a message, I can go in manually and reply to it????

zoierr

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue described here. Using Sync 3.5.1 (4.29.12285) with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Adroid 4.1.1), I received the error message "the currently selected phone does not support text messaging via bluetooth".

Here are the steps that I used to get it working...
1. Turn off Bluetooth on the S3
2. If the vehicle is on, wait for the phone to be disconnected from the vehicle
3. If not already on, turn on the vehicle ignition
4. Turn on Bluetooth on the S3
5. As soon as Sync is paired, the phone will have a security request that I only found by accessing the pull down menu
6. Pull down the menu on the S3 and it will indicate there is a Map Request, do you want to allow Sync access
7. Select the Enable checkbox to not be reminded again and press OK
8. To test it, dial *DATA# on your phone and wait for a text to arrive
9. When the text arrives, the vehicle will play an alert and indicate a message is available
10. Press OK to Listen
11. Voila!!!

The main issue is that the Map Request occurs when the phone is paired and you need to allow Sync permission to access the phone text messaging before the request disappears.

I hope this helps others.

worf2

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

zoierr many thanks that worked ok. The only problem left now is that when I hit reply it sends the text message back to my number and not the number I am replying to. Any idea?

Amy Harris2

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

The problem is not with the Ford Sync system. I have a 2011 Edge and Sync read and sent messages via my Bluetooth with no problems until Samsung pushed down a software update a few weeks ago. Now I get a message saying my phone does not support text via Bluetooth. I think Samsung disabled that feature. :-(

tbrown0182

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the s4 and it poped uo snyc want access to my texts I accidently hit no then dont ask again how can I go in and turn it back on? Or do I have to uninstall it and redo it again

apedosmat

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
After tons of tinkering, far too much research, and trial and error, I finally got texting to work for MFT in my 13 Escape SE with my S3. Not 100% sure which step did it, but I first unpaired and deleted the entries and cache on my phone, then downloaded a few bluetooth apps. Final step that triggered it was to change my bluetooth setting to be "visible to all nearby devices" with no timeout, and I FINALLY got the prompt I was waiting for re: sync requesting access to my texts.

Sent from my SM-T210R using AC Forums mobile app

moalta

May 5, 2014
Visit site
My GS3 worked fine for text message functionality for two days but now I get the same message from SYNC that this is not supported. Therefore hoping either this forum or my Ford dealer will resolve this to get it operational again. Have not been able to do so on my own.

WaterDogMom

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
LG G3 won't sync with 2008 Lincoln

After spending hours on the phone with the Ford Sync people as well as Verizon, AND going to both the dealership and Verizon stores twice, I was just told by a Sync person on the "Customer Relations" line that although my new LG G3 can pair to my 2008 Lincoln MKX it won't download the phonebook or history because the bluetooth technology of the phone surpasses that in the car. There's a software update available at the dealership (for $187--that's no typo!) but according to the Sync person, he doubts if that will help. The Samsung S5 and the Apple 6, as well as the LG G2, will all work...but for some reason, the LG G3 won't. This is day 34 from the time I purchased the phone and Verizon won't help me with an exchange HOWEVER....thank goodness I purchased the phone at COSTCO as they give you 90 (ninety) days, not 30 like Verizon, to exchange the phone. SO, I'm trading this puppy in for another new phone. THANKS, COSTCO!! (PS...an additional plus to buying from Costco---they only charge the tax on the PURCHASE PRICE of the phone NOT the full retail price as does everyone else. So, I paid tax on $99 instead of $599!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21