11-06-2014 05:38 PM
56 123
tools
    The problem is not with the Ford Sync system. I have a 2011 Edge and Sync read and sent messages via my Bluetooth with no problems until Samsung pushed down a software update a few weeks ago. Now I get a message saying my phone does not support text via Bluetooth. I think Samsung disabled that feature. :-(
    03-06-2014 10:16 PM
    I have the s4 and it poped uo snyc want access to my texts I accidently hit no then dont ask again how can I go in and turn it back on? Or do I have to uninstall it and redo it again
    03-25-2014 07:00 AM
    Or do I have to uninstall it and redo it again
    If you remove that connection and then add it back again you should see the prompt next time.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    03-25-2014 11:07 AM
    After tons of tinkering, far too much research, and trial and error, I finally got texting to work for MFT in my 13 Escape SE with my S3. Not 100% sure which step did it, but I first unpaired and deleted the entries and cache on my phone, then downloaded a few bluetooth apps. Final step that triggered it was to change my bluetooth setting to be "visible to all nearby devices" with no timeout, and I FINALLY got the prompt I was waiting for re: sync requesting access to my texts.

Sent from my SM-T210R using AC Forums mobile app
    moalta likes this.
    04-20-2014 11:37 AM
    My GS3 worked fine for text message functionality for two days but now I get the same message from SYNC that this is not supported. Therefore hoping either this forum or my Ford dealer will resolve this to get it operational again. Have not been able to do so on my own.
    06-03-2014 05:27 PM
    After spending hours on the phone with the Ford Sync people as well as Verizon, AND going to both the dealership and Verizon stores twice, I was just told by a Sync person on the "Customer Relations" line that although my new LG G3 can pair to my 2008 Lincoln MKX it won't download the phonebook or history because the bluetooth technology of the phone surpasses that in the car. There's a software update available at the dealership (for $187--that's no typo!) but according to the Sync person, he doubts if that will help. The Samsung S5 and the Apple 6, as well as the LG G2, will all work...but for some reason, the LG G3 won't. This is day 34 from the time I purchased the phone and Verizon won't help me with an exchange HOWEVER....thank goodness I purchased the phone at COSTCO as they give you 90 (ninety) days, not 30 like Verizon, to exchange the phone. SO, I'm trading this puppy in for another new phone. THANKS, COSTCO!! (PS...an additional plus to buying from Costco---they only charge the tax on the PURCHASE PRICE of the phone NOT the full retail price as does everyone else. So, I paid tax on $99 instead of $599!!)
    11-06-2014 05:38 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD