12-03-2012 02:36 AM
28 12
tools
    Same with me. It worked the first day I got the phone, the first time I tried it. But the next day, it won't log in and when I do manage to log in, my contacts are all appearing offline, when in reality they're not according to Skype on my computer.

Video calling freezes when i press the video call button. I tried uninstalling and re-installing from Google Play, but same problem.
    10-06-2012 11:22 AM
    I've been having Skype problems on my Galaxy S3 since the day I got it, spending hours researching how to fix it. It looks like hundreds of people (especially Galaxy owners) have this problem.
    I have made Skype work (sort of, but at least it's something until the issue is fixed): 1) uninstalling Skype; 2) cleaning cache; 3) turn off cellphone; 4) take battery out for 5 minutes; 5) turn back on; 6) install the app; 7) clean cache and task manager; 8) start the app.
    The app works for a couple of days and then I have to go through this whole process again and again... I called Verizon - they blame the "3rd party app", Skype reps point finger at either provider, manufacturer or Android... Why can't they work together to resolve this issue?
    10-21-2012 08:13 AM
    Yep, I have the same problem. I am not sure I want to go through all the run around to just keep this service going. Still today on the latest Samsung 3S 4G with the latest Skype... it does not work, with all the same issues everyone is reporting. I am inclined to move to something else other than Skype. I am using the worlds most popular SmartPhone and they can't get their software to work properly... is there any hope??
    12-03-2012 02:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD