keyboard question. I want a comma

SlothSprint

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
OP, I cant answer for stock.... Everybody else, I never downloaded different keyboards until now with the S3. So from your reviews, I thought SwiftKey and Swype were the only REAL options. But as someone who isn't biased to any keyboard, I tried 'A.I. Type' cause someone mentioned it on another post (b!

Thank you! Just what I was looking for and it's free!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love swiftkey. It has a comma to right at the bottom left,,,,,,, :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

John Bohn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
If I hold down the period next to the spacebar, I get some punctuations. If I press comma, it will automatically add a space if you just keep typing. (As mentioned above)

My letters also have punctuations if I long press them. If I long press 'n', it adds a comma and a space. Long press 'm' for a question mark, and so on.

JelleP

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if your problem has already been solved, but I just discovered that if you press and hold the left button next to the space bar (voice control), that you can adjust the linked action.
I just changed it from voice control to the comma, so now I have a comma on the left hand site of the space bar and a period on the right one. :)
At least, this works with the stock keyboard on the S4, not sure if this is the same for the S3.

Last edited:

Nathan King1

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Simple answer for me was to DL Google keyboard for free install then make that your default input. All you have to do to get a comma is hold your finger on the fullstop for a second and it does one for you.

daniel harner

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
On my Samsung infuse I had a comma next to my spacebar (to the left). So a comma, then space bar, then period.

Is there any way to get a comma on the front page of the keyboard, opposite the period??

On my lg volte, i held down my comma key and an option pops up to change it to a few different things.

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
on my Samsung Galaxy s4 (and IIRC, the Galaxy s2 as well, although given this is the gs3 msg board, perhaps not), I've gotten used to that comma. On the LG G4, they replaced it with the voice dictation button. Turns out you can go into Language & Keyboard --> LG Keyboard --> Keyboard Height and Layout --> QWERTY Keyboard layout, and replace it with comma.

Not sure if your problem has already been solved, but I just discovered that if you press and hold the left button next to the space bar (voice control), that you can adjust the linked action.
I just changed it from voice control to the comma, so now I have a comma on the left hand site of the space bar and a period on the right one. :)
At least, this works with the stock keyboard on the S4, not sure if this is the same for the S3.
For my Tmobile version, it was there by default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85