Cracked my screen already

ttmac331

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I cracked my screen already. Never cracked any screen before. Smh Had the phone for 2 days. What should I do?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ttmac331

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
it dropped off the couch. I just added the insurance earlier today. Not sure what I should do

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The GS3 has GG2 which is 20% lighter and therefore thinner than the original GG. This does not mean that the screen is indestructible just more scratch resistant. Glass will break if you drop it making direct contact.

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
sucky thing is the deductables haven't gone down yet either since its so new. Of course not having the insurance would cost a lot more at this point.

Can you put a pic of it up possibly?

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I dropped mine on concrete today but luckily I had gotten a case this morning. Thank god. Sorry to hear that it happened to you but I'm glad you have insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint

That's what I thought. When I signed up after-the-fact, I was told coverage didn't take effect for 48 hours. That's in contradiction to what Assurion's FAQ says, but I might wait just to be sure. You'd hate to be told you claimed before coverage took effect. They're back-ordered right now anyway, so you won't get a replacement any time soon :-(

ttmac331

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought. When I signed up after-the-fact, I was told coverage didn't take effect for 48 hours. That's in contradiction to what Assurion's FAQ says, but I might wait just to be sure. You'd hate to be told you claimed before coverage took effect. They're back-ordered right now anyway, so you won't get a replacement any time soon :-(

I'm going to post a picture of it it's not too bad but bad enough

ttmac331

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Here it is. I'm super irritated. I'll probably wait a while then for a claim. I can still use the phone

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, doesn't matter how bad it is or isn't; cracked screen is covered. I'm just saying you don't want Assurion to weasel out on a technicality. "Ooh, yes, you signed up Sunday morning, but coverage didn't take effect until Tuesday morning, and you broke your phone before that."

That's just what the rep told me when I signed up. The FAQ says coverage begins at 0001 hrs the day you sign up.

ttmac331

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, doesn't matter how bad it is or isn't; cracked screen is covered. I'm just saying you don't want Assurion to weasel out on a technicality. "Ooh, yes, you signed up Sunday morning, but coverage didn't take effect until Tuesday morning, and you broke your phone before that."

That's just what the rep told me when I signed up. The FAQ says coverage begins at 0001 hrs the day you sign up.

but won't I have to pay the deductible for a cracked screen?

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The GS3 is supposed to have gorilla glass 2.0. But if it lands just right it will break. I saw a drop test from two stories up, and they did it twice and it did not break. Just bad luck I guess. A case will cost half as much as the hundred dollar deductible. And odds are that most people won't break it. I am still going to go commando.

Swyped from my EVO 4G running swagged out stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance