HELP! Awful battery life...

metsmanjt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I believe I may have a defective phone/battery. Please take a look at my attached screen shot. My screen was used for less than 1 hour, and my phone never lost service, however it was completely drained after less than 10 hours. I did not talk on the phone once, only a bit of texting and surfing the internet. My Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were disabled for most of the day as well. This is happening on a daily basis and is quite frustrating. I seem to be the only one receiving such poor battery life. What do you guys think?

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Cell standby shouldn't be that high. It looks to me like you're suffering from awful signal issues. And your exchange usage is probably related to your phone's apparent poor signal.

If it's not a network issue, it's a phone issue. Talk to a technical representative to see if they can tell you what's going on with the network where you spend most of your time.

If they can't help you, demand a replacement phone.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This may be very simple and you may have tried it already...but did you try restarting your phone? After I installed like 30 apps on my phone my battery was dropping like 10-12%/hour even with the screen off. Some memory leak or hung process I guess. I restarted and all was back to normal.

metsmanjt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. As you said - I lost 10-12% even with the screen off. I have tried restarting the phone many times and still no luck. I believe I may have just received a defective phone/battery because the cell coverage in my area is very good. Hopefully AT&T does not give me too much of a hard time exchanging this one out, however I know they will haha.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading something about a software glitch causing that and to my knowledge Samsung is aware of it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem; for the others, approximately how much should the cell standby be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

metsmanjt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear I am not the only one, what do you plan to do about it? The screen should be the highest % of battery life, not the cell standby. Assuming their are no signal problems.

ogjrs

May 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have poor battery life go get it switched. I did and that solved my issues. I'm lasting 24 hours and still having half a battery left.

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I may make some phone calls or something. If I learn anything about this issue, I will let you know on this thread.

Reactions: metsmanjt

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have poor battery life go get it switched. I did and that solved my issues. I'm lasting 24 hours and still having half a battery left.

That's a good point. If all I have to do is get a new battery, that would be great (assuming that you meant switching the battery, not the phone)

Stbrightman

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I also am getting terrible battery life, similar to the op. I think my problem is mostly signal related and I have an AIRAVE on the way so I'm hoping that solves the issue. This morning, I used WiFi share to transfer pictures between my g3 and the wife's g3, and about an hour later I got a notification that the WiFi share connection went idle and to turn it off. I then noticed that my battery drained huge, down to 40% in 5 hours, 31% was WiFi share, so now I know that application is complete sh1t. A normal situation for me is take off the charger at 0800, pretty heavy use all day because it's new, down to 20% by about 1600. Usually cell standby is the biggest contributer at around 35%, with screen as the second largest contributer. I'm already annoyed with Sprint and this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

metsmanjt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
AT&T as expected is giving me a very hard time replacing the battery, and/or phone. Very tempting to go back to the iPhone. Great phone but I cannot take the battery

dondabomb523

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: metsmanjt

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. You have a bad unit. Simply return it to the store and they will be glad to replace it. Before I returned mine I was getting 2hrs screen time now after replacement I get 5+ hours screen time. Good luck.

I'm new with smartphones, so I'm not sure if my expectations for the phone are too high. So, by "screen time," do you mean that for 2 continuous hours, you were using the phone?

Right now, I get about 2-3 hours of screen time then, so is that bad?

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I get about 40 minutes, so compared to mine that sounds excellent! haha

Haha then I need to stop complaining. BTW, I talked to AT&T, Samsung, and Best Buy (where I bought the phone)

Samsung had the worst customer service, although I feel like its their fault. Oh well. They told me to do a battery pull and then wait a couple of days and get back to them if I had any other issues.

At&t didn't help either. They said I had a normal battery.

And best buy told me I could exchange the phone if I wanted but didn't help either about the issue.

Conclusion: I couldn't find help anywhere so I'm hoping a software update will come out or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463