HELP! Awful battery life...

georgetanner

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try loading up a battery monitor app that will show you in much more detail what is using your battery. My guess is you have something that is not letting your phone go into a deep sleep.

GSam battery monitor (formerly badass battery monitor) is good for this -shameless plug...I'm the author. Alternatively better battery stats is also very good.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You can get 2 batteries and a charger on Ebay for $10. Might be worth it to see if switching batteries helps.
The Bluetooth in the original screenshot may be draining it as well.
I turned off my atuo sync for email, that helped me.
I use mine moderately, and I lose about 7% per hour.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Try loading up a battery monitor app that will show you in much more detail what is using your battery. My guess is you have something that is not letting your phone go into a deep sleep.

GSam battery monitor (formerly badass battery monitor) is good for this -shameless plug...I'm the author. Alternatively better battery stats is also very good.

Hi George - I am trying to diagnose an intermittent battery issue I have. I actually paid for Better Battery Stats as I had heard it mentioned many times and it had solid reviews. Is your app very much the same?

So far I really don't understand how to use the program and wonder if yours is more user friendly?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having battery issues, but a reset fixed everything. I am on 13 hours at 32% left!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

boogalu

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
so would 3 hours on batter and be at 86% batter life be okay? i am basing this off of the 7% per hour rate..

not trying to hijack just curious!

georgetanner

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Better battery stats has a ton of info, but it can be a bit daunting. Give GSam battery motor a shot. There is a free version. Look at the "held awake" time. If that is significant, look at the app sucker section and sort by time held awake. Is there an app keeping your phone awake?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
To those with batt life issues... there is something wrong with either an app, a setting you have on or a bad phone in general... I am literally trying to kill the battery every work day... I leave bluetooth on, screen brightness is on auto... I put my phone in a locker when I am building chips (semiconductor factory) and thanks to building construction and metal locker I am always over 60% cell standby. I use the phone everytime I take a break, I then take the phone home, stream amazon music on the drive home, use the GPS, make a call or two and then play with the phone on and off until bedtime... Off charger at 04:15, on charger at 2300. I have never gotten below 45%... Wednesday is my last day of work and I am going to leave her off till she dies, just to see how long I get.
This is gonna sound cheesey... it is incredibly liberating to not give a crap where the nearest charger is.... :D

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
To those with batt life issues... there is something wrong with either an app, a setting you have on or a bad phone in general... I am literally trying to kill the battery every work day... I leave bluetooth on, screen brightness is on auto... I put my phone in a locker when I am building chips (semiconductor factory) and thanks to building construction and metal locker I am always over 60% cell standby. I use the phone everytime I take a break, I then take the phone home, stream amazon music on the drive home, use the GPS, make a call or two and then play with the phone on and off until bedtime... Off charger at 04:15, on charger at 2300. I have never gotten below 45%... Wednesday is my last day of work and I am going to leave her off till she dies, just to see how long I get.
This is gonna sound cheesey... it is incredibly liberating to not give a crap where the nearest charger is.... :D

Let's switch phones

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife had this problem. Did a battery pull and she is so much better now. I have gotten over 36 hours on mine and that with both of them having wifi and bluetooth on full time.

Robert

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, and I have the cell standby issue. At work today I had a full battery when I hit the office at 8, by noon I was down to 40% battery with screen only having been on 20 minutes. Biggest contributed to the battery was cell standby.

I know the international version had that issue with the calculation it used (34 vs 3.4), but if that is true, shouldn't everyone be having the same issue with cell standby? I love this phone, but the more I use it, the worse it gets. At dinner I had 55% battery after a quick charge-up on the way home, and by the end of dinner I was down to 30% after checking the weather twice.

Not sure if a factory reset will help (gosh, i don't want to do that), or if I just need to wait for a firmware update.....

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, and I have the cell standby issue. At work today I had a full battery when I hit the office at 8, by noon I was down to 40% battery with screen only having been on 20 minutes. Biggest contributed to the battery was cell standby.

I know the international version had that issue with the calculation it used (34 vs 3.4), but if that is true, shouldn't everyone be having the same issue with cell standby? I love this phone, but the more I use it, the worse it gets. At dinner I had 55% battery after a quick charge-up on the way home, and by the end of dinner I was down to 30% after checking the weather twice.

Not sure if a factory reset will help (gosh, i don't want to do that), or if I just need to wait for a firmware update.....

That's exactly my dilemma too. I even downloaded juice defender ultimate, and it helps a little, but not enough. I'm not sure if I should do a factory reset. I guess I'm too lazy to do it haha

jc86

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I was at 70 percent at midnight and when I woke up at 7am my phone was dead. I did change my wallpaper to a live wallpaper for the first time so that might have been a contributing factor. But could that drain it all the way? I have battery saver on. I cleared the RAM, closed all apps in task manager, and used the app 'Fast Reboot' before I went to sleep. What else could it be?

Vel11226

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues alot of you are having and looked everywhere for a solution and i think i found it. I turned off the option in S Voice for the "Wake Up Command" which keeps the phone listening for your voice command. After turning it off i noticed that cell standby moved from first on the battery report to second behind screen which had much lower time than cell staandby. Hopefully this helps and brings the awesome battery life some of your are getting.

Yoabs

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
having a hard time with my battery as well - feels like it drains without doing anything
My droid x battery was better and im trying to look at forums and read about whats the best thing to do. Im not a phone expert and not sure whats the best to disable or not disable.
from what im reading its pretty much the same the battery is great or the battery sucks. I hope this gets better, its pretty annoying.:-\

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just did a battery exchange for my phone as my battery was draining anywhere between 10 - 15%/hour. Similar to OP, my cell standby is draining the battery like crazy & I also downloaded juice defender to see if it'll help.

Currently at 65% discharging with 4h 15m & 18s on battery...& this is a vast improvement from the previous battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463