07-11-2012 12:09 PM
42 12
tools
    Robflynn I swear I'm not gay, but I heart you man.
    07-10-2012 12:31 AM
    Thank you so much! I couldn't have said it better myself! When I got my Droid2Global, then my Nexus, I couldn't care less what other people had. But my Apple fanboy cousin would never leave me alone about my choice... constantly making sideways insults about my "inferior" Droids. I finally got sick of it, and began to actually do some research of my own. Now, he gets really mad when I refute his claims, and stand up and talk back to him with actual knowledge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-10-2012 12:50 AM
    I haven't seen an Android phone yet that I considered usable without rooting and a replacement rom.
    Most of the Android people slamming iPhones obviously know very little about them. Most iPhone users are completely disinterested in Android much less rant about it like some Android users do with iPhones.
    Lol, wut? I won't even bother to address your usability comment.

iPhone users disinterested in Android and not ranting? Lol, you are killing me. Look at the novel of a post you just made. Click on your comment history. I see a bunch of ranting about android by an iPhone user.

I've not once been on an iPhone forum complaining about it yet here we are.
    07-10-2012 01:55 AM
    Back to the original OP,

I to have come from the iPhone 4 and am very happy with the decision. Widgets rock! The screen on this is superior. I however do not find battery life on the SIII worse but better. The only thing I notice better about the iPhone is also what I do not like about it. By keeping a closed locked up system (and only one screen size), they are able to have cleaner looking apps on average (I imagine a fair bit of the delay for Apple is the screen size change and app issues because of it). But the functionality of the apps are no better. I have used the iphone 4S and it is still not as good as this SIII. Will be curious to see what comes along with the I5, that is if they take enough time out suing everybody to make it.

An I will save my only gripe about the SIII (all androids I guess) to last, the mail client sucks It is usable, but never the less. My one big wish. Allow me to get rid of the native client and run something like "thunderbird"

An just to let the iphone fans here know this is just my non-expert opinion. So please don't take it personal. After all I am keeping my I4 it is now unlocked and will be relegated to my world phone.
    07-10-2012 02:27 AM
    Root it......Flash the ROM.......an Dump that Bloatware.....I did!
    07-10-2012 03:46 AM
    Wait until the other carriers get this update that Sprint just started pushing out that starts removing features from your phone because of Apple! You will really begin to turn on Apple after you phone starts dropping features!!!

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk
    07-10-2012 06:41 AM
    you can use widgetlocker to add any music apps widget to your lock screen... though I'm kinda bummed to hear that ICS on the gs3 doesnt automatically add a google music widget to your lock screen when its playing the way my transformer prime does. i thought that was just a stock ICS feature. if samsung removed that as part of their touchwiz design i would have to rage at them.

my vzw gs3 is supposed to get in tomorrow
    Use boubletwist from lock screen you can fwd pause etc...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    07-10-2012 08:03 AM
    Wait until the other carriers get this update that Sprint just started pushing out that starts removing features from your phone because of Apple! You will really begin to turn on Apple after you phone starts dropping features!!!

What features are getting removed?
    07-10-2012 08:20 AM
    What features are getting removed?
    I was going to ask the same question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-10-2012 09:26 AM
    Members over in the Sprint thread are saying that after they updated, the google search bar no longer will search contacts in the phone or internal files, now only does web search. That is what Apple was going after the Nexus for. They have a fix for it but here is a link....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=187903

07-10-2012 09:33 AM
    Members over in the Sprint thread are saying that after they updated, the google search bar no longer will search contacts in the phone or internal files, now only does web search. That is what Apple was going after the Nexus for.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't BlackBerry devices do the same thing? How are they just stopping one phone? How many devices with different operating systems have universal search on them?

07-10-2012 09:38 AM
    Apple definitely make good products that are easy to use... but they are not the only ones who makes good products... which is greats for us consumers because we have choices according to what we like and this keeps these companies on their toes. For me there are a few BIG reasons why I perfer Android over Apple.

I like standard cables instead of the proprietary ones Apple uses, I have a lot of devices which already use standard Mini and Micro USB cables and I don't want it have to carry a different cable.

I don't like the fact that I have to use Itunes to transfer things to Apple devices. I want to be able to plug my phone into my computer, have it show up as a drive, and transfer what ever I want to it. Or even better yet, install a file explorer that supports SAMBA and connect directly to my network file shares, then transfer files to anywhere on my phone (There are ways to do something like this on Iphone but it seems to be limited and not as easy).

There doesn't seem to be as many free apps on Apple Store as there are on the Android Play Store. I don't mind paying for apps for myself... but for my kids I'm not so keen on buying a bunch of apps for them. Both my kids have a Ipod Touch (their mom got'em for them, not me) and it seemed like a lot of apps they wanted were not free but I could find something similar for free on Android Play Store. For example, I was looking for a media player that would play a video the stock player didn't support but I couldn't find anything for free on the Apple Store but I found several players that would work for free for my Android phone. This is just my perception and not necessarily true.

SD card support... for expandable storage and file transfer.

Removable battery... batteries loose their capacity over time and should be replace if you keep your device for a long time. I usually keep my phone for a least two years and after around 12-14 months I'll replace my battery so I can continue to have decent battery life after two years.

And lastly I just like the variety and over all customization of Android devices. But for some (who are not tech savy, which is a very large part of the population) this customization can also be confusing, which is were the Iphone excels. Apple puts tighter controls on their OS and apps which makes it harder to mess things up and helps keep things more stable... but for us tech savy people (who like to try to break our phones with customization, LOL) these controls feels like handcuffs.
    07-10-2012 11:31 AM
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't BlackBerry devices do the same thing? How are they just stopping one phone? How many devices with different operating systems have universal search on them?

I don't think Apple is upset with the universal search concept. However, if Google is utilizing the search function with Android in the exact same manner as Apple with iOS, then Apple sees a problem. It is more of an argument against how Google is implementing universal search as opposed to Google having universal search.
    07-11-2012 11:21 AM
    I don't think Apple is upset with the universal search concept. However, if Google is utilizing the search function with Android in the exact same manner as Apple with iOS, then Apple sees a problem. It is more of an argument against how Google is implementing universal search as opposed to Google having universal search.
    How is it being implemented differently than other devices like BlackBerry smartphones? Just curious.

07-11-2012 11:39 AM
    07-11-2012 12:00 PM
    How is it being implemented differently than other devices like BlackBerry smartphones? Just curious.

Now that I am unsure. There may be some licensing agreement between Apple and other manufacturers. Apples biggest gripe is that Samsung/Google should have asked for licensing. Apple's patent claim deals with a single search interface compiling the information from a number of systems and using different methods. I haven't read the specifics of the claim to know any other real details. I don't know how other manufacturers go about their own universal search, or even if they do have their own and are not licensing the technology. I do know that Apple seems to have a problem with the voice search function as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    07-11-2012 12:01 PM
    Oh boy! Me too! Let's see if we can sort out any bias!

Ok, first the build quality. What are you talking about? The user experience of the hardware? The actual material used? The screen? The buttons? When you say build "quality" that usually infers materials and how it was put together. Saying one is better (or worse) than the other seems painfully silly.

Now the "slightly better screen." Slightly better at what? At being smaller (hehe, sorry I couldn't resist)? It's clearer? Higher resolution? Brighter? Easier on the eyes? Again, a generalization with no "meat" at all to backup the comment.

The camera is also better on the iPhone (once again, you CANNOT POSSIBLY be biased, after all, you told us you have BOTH phones <insert huge eye-rolling smiley here>). FINALLY, some actual comments to go with the generalization. So "picture quality" and "software," aye? So both cameras are 8mp cameras. The 4S sensor has a focal length of 4.29mm and f/2.4 aperture, the Galaxy 3.7mm focal length and f/2.6 aperture. Bottom line is they both take really good photos, and it's hard to call one a clear victor over the other. The GS3 has a bigger screen, thus a bigger preview area, but could turn people off as it makes it bigger and maybe more uncomfortable to manage while taking pictures. The software comment to me is a pure joke. The stock iP4S software is almost non-existent. Sorry, but the GS3 blows it away in stock software. But so what? Who cares? That's what the freaking app stores are for. There is nothing you can't get on the GS3 you can't get on the iP4S and vice versa.

Yeah because there is a mountain of difference between the 4 and 4S.

Oh yay for you! Wait, what does this have to do with anything? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot you own BOTH phones, so clearly no bias...

Lag during what common tasks? Did you perform any unique settings to your "GS3," or did you just let it run right out of the box? No offense, but many Android users go with this OS due to the ability to tweak the OS quite a bit. It's a plus and a minus for those that don't want to mess around with it. Unlike you I don't own both phones, but I do have a wife, and she loves her iP4S. I can see them both run side by side. I can launch apps from both and move around everything on both and there is no winner here. Sorry. Oh wait, yeah there is! WebOS is the winner, but that's a story for another thread.

So Siri is useless to you but you still found a way to dig some more into the GS3. Cute.

Thank goodness we were talking about the iP5 in this thread! I could...oh wait. What?! And how are you comparing Android to an iPhone. Isn't one software and one hardware? "Man Windows 8 is going to blow my washer and dryer away!"

So, unbiased as you can be, you find that the Android OS (or Samsung phones, who the heck knows anymore at this point) lacks in reliability, service, and support? Just want to make sure I'm clear on that. Oh, and Android phones lack app selection? Can you please cite some examples where you have some top notch can't replace apps on your IP4S you don't have available on your GS3? I would love to know what Android users are missing out out. Purchase options?! Are you kidding? Are Apple dollars easier to feed into the top of your phone or something?

Most ridiculous comment in a long line of ridiculous comments on this post.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAH! Breathe.....HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Thanks for the laugh this fine Monday afternoon. This was priceless.
    I like the build quality of the gs3 better than the 4s. That way the glass on the back breaks when dropped. I will take a plastic back anyday

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-11-2012 12:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD