So long Iphone!!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The S3 ( Verizon ) is so much better than the Iphone 4 I have. I don't need the 14 day return policy to figure out that I am going to keep the S3. The OS is just as fast and smooth as IOS. Jelly Bean in the near future will just be icing on the cake. The camera is better by a lot and the screen size is perfect. The phone just feels right. It is definitely not too big. Virtually ALL of the apps I had on my IP4 work on my S3. Google Nav with turn by turn is a bonus. I enter most of my text and emails by voice input. It is amazingly accurate, probably over 99% and it is fast. I haven't done a definitive battery check, but so far, it looks like i will easily get a full days work out of it. I also like the fact that i went from 16GB on the IP4 to 64 GB.( 32 and 32 ). Anyone with an IP4 or even the 4s should not hesitate to try the S3. Good luck.

Reactions: bdmridgback

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Are you doing the voice input through S-voice, through the google voice input accessed with the microphone on the keyboard, or some other way? Curious to know what you are using that is so accurate.
Mine is with FedEX, scheduled for Tues delivery. (can't wait)...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the S3 family! I have never owned an iPhone and I never plan too. I came from WebOS a few years ago. You will like Android and all its glory! Plus lets be honest....Its cool to be the different kid on the block! I like it when people say "Oh you have a droid?" and I gotta correct them! ANdroid! :p Anyways then people are blown away with how cool it is. It will soon take over the world I bet! :p

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and glad you enjoy the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing the voice input through S-voice, through the google voice input accessed with the microphone on the keyboard, or some other way? Curious to know what you are using that is so accurate.

If he is talking about accuracy... I'd assume he is referring to Google voice input... because S-Voice is kinda... err... "moody"... lol

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
just switched my iPhone4 for a S3. Though the initial setup and learning curve was a lot of work. Now that i am used to the Android OS i like my new S3 alot.

A few gripes vs my old iPhone are:

1. Battery life is slightly worse that iPhone4, but with average use the battery lasted all day (9am - 11pm)
  2. No quick access to Play/Pause/Next music controls on the lock screen.
  3. No "slider" case that works well with Multimedia Dock
  4. Visual Voicemail app not tied into phone app
  5. Not totally sure on this but it seems that AT&T is blocking the "Find My Mobile" service from SamsungDive, that is total BS

And here is what i like better about my S3 vs my iPhone4

1. WIDGETS! WIDGETS! WIDGETS!
  2. Live Wallpapers
  3. Weight and feel when the phone is in my pocket (much improved vs iPhone4)

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I am using the mike on the keyboard.

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
  1. No quick access to Play/Pause/Next music controls on the lock screen.

you can use widgetlocker to add any music apps widget to your lock screen... though I'm kinda bummed to hear that ICS on the gs3 doesnt automatically add a google music widget to your lock screen when its playing the way my transformer prime does. i thought that was just a stock ICS feature. if samsung removed that as part of their touchwiz design i would have to rage at them.

my vzw gs3 is supposed to get in tomorrow :(

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you can use widgetlocker to add any music apps widget to your lock screen... though I'm kinda bummed to hear that ICS on the gs3 doesnt automatically add a google music widget to your lock screen when its playing the way my transformer prime does. i thought that was just a stock ICS feature. if samsung removed that as part of their touchwiz design i would have to rage at them. :(

I am trying to get my Spotify Controls on the Lock Screen. Some apps i found are Lock Screen Widget (Free) WidgetLocker Lockscreen ($2.99) and Go Locker (Free)

Any thoughts on these apps?

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S and a S III, have had every version of the iPhone and many Android phones, done a little development on both.
The 4S is is better build quality, slightly better screen, little better battery life. I still think the 4S camera is better than the S III both in picture quality and software but its close.
If you are comparing an iPhone 4 not a 4s keep in mind how old the 4 is now.
I could care less about widgets or live wallpaper.
I still detect some lag on the S III during common tasks but its far better than most Android phones and should be even better on 4.1.
I don't find Siri useful on my 4s and Samsung's version is even worse.
Apple isn't standing still..the iPhone 5 will be quite good but Android is now the closest to the iPhone that I have seen.
I still recommend iPhone to people who don't want to mess around with their phones, want reliability, service, and support, best app selection, quality, and purchase options.
I haven't seen an Android phone yet that I considered usable without rooting and a replacement rom.
Most of the Android people slamming iPhones obviously know very little about them. Most iPhone users are completely disinterested in Android much less rant about it like some Android users do with iPhones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S and a S III, have had every version of the iPhone and many Android phones, done a little development on both.
The 4S is is better build quality, slightly better screen, little better battery life. I still think the 4S camera is better than the S III both in picture quality and software but its close.
I still detect some lag on the S III during common tasks but its far better than most Android phones and should be even better on 4.1.
Apple isn't standing still..the iPhone 5 will be quite good but Android is now the closest to the iPhone that I have seen.
I still recommend iPhone to people who don't want to mess around with their phones, want reliability, service, and support, best app selection, quality, and purchase options.
I haven't seen an Android phone yet that I considered usable without rooting and a replacement rom.
Most of the Android people slamming iPhones obviously know very little about them. Most iPhone users are completely disinterested in Android much less rant about it like some Android users do with iPhones.

Depends where you look.. I've seen iphone users rant about Android. Don't talk like you can speak for everyone.

All posts in this thread are people's opinions which is what a forum is for... I had an iphone since the 3g to a 4 and I like android better. So I can say I know more than a little. But again its my OPINION not a fact since it's what people like.

Your acting as if you can say for a fact only android people hate on iphone and iphone people never ever say a bad thing about android. Again don't take opinions to heart... It's all what you like at the end of the day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: icewater106

robflynn

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Oh boy! Me too! Let's see if we can sort out any bias!

The 4S is is better build quality, slightly better screen, little better battery life. I still think the 4S camera is better than the S III both in picture quality and
software but its close.

Ok, first the build quality. What are you talking about? The user experience of the hardware? The actual material used? The screen? The buttons? When you say build "quality" that usually infers materials and how it was put together. Saying one is better (or worse) than the other seems painfully silly.

Now the "slightly better screen." Slightly better at what? At being smaller (hehe, sorry I couldn't resist)? It's clearer? Higher resolution? Brighter? Easier on the eyes? Again, a generalization with no "meat" at all to backup the comment.

The camera is also better on the iPhone (once again, you CANNOT POSSIBLY be biased, after all, you told us you have BOTH phones <insert huge eye-rolling smiley here>). FINALLY, some actual comments to go with the generalization. So "picture quality" and "software," aye? So both cameras are 8mp cameras. The 4S sensor has a focal length of 4.29mm and f/2.4 aperture, the Galaxy 3.7mm focal length and f/2.6 aperture. Bottom line is they both take really good photos, and it's hard to call one a clear victor over the other. The GS3 has a bigger screen, thus a bigger preview area, but could turn people off as it makes it bigger and maybe more uncomfortable to manage while taking pictures. The software comment to me is a pure joke. The stock iP4S software is almost non-existent. Sorry, but the GS3 blows it away in stock software. But so what? Who cares? That's what the freaking app stores are for. There is nothing you can't get on the GS3 you can't get on the iP4S and vice versa.

Yeah because there is a mountain of difference between the 4 and 4S.

Oh yay for you! Wait, what does this have to do with anything? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot you own BOTH phones, so clearly no bias...

Lag during what common tasks? Did you perform any unique settings to your "GS3," or did you just let it run right out of the box? No offense, but many Android users go with this OS due to the ability to tweak the OS quite a bit. It's a plus and a minus for those that don't want to mess around with it. Unlike you I don't own both phones, but I do have a wife, and she loves her iP4S. I can see them both run side by side. I can launch apps from both and move around everything on both and there is no winner here. Sorry. Oh wait, yeah there is! WebOS is the winner, but that's a story for another thread.

So Siri is useless to you but you still found a way to dig some more into the GS3. Cute.

Thank goodness we were talking about the iP5 in this thread! I could...oh wait. What?! And how are you comparing Android to an iPhone. Isn't one software and one hardware? "Man Windows 8 is going to blow my washer and dryer away!"

So, unbiased as you can be, you find that the Android OS (or Samsung phones, who the heck knows anymore at this point) lacks in reliability, service, and support? Just want to make sure I'm clear on that. Oh, and Android phones lack app selection? Can you please cite some examples where you have some top notch can't replace apps on your IP4S you don't have available on your GS3? I would love to know what Android users are missing out out. Purchase options?! Are you kidding? Are Apple dollars easier to feed into the top of your phone or something?

Most ridiculous comment in a long line of ridiculous comments on this post.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAH! Breathe.....HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Thanks for the laugh this fine Monday afternoon. This was priceless.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
just switched my iPhone4 for a S3. Though the initial setup and learning curve was a lot of work. Now that i am used to the Android OS i like my new S3 alot.

A few gripes vs my old iPhone are:

1. Battery life is slightly worse that iPhone4, but with average use the battery lasted all day (9am - 11pm)
  2. No quick access to Play/Pause/Next music controls on the lock screen.
  3. No "slider" case that works well with Multimedia Dock
  4. Visual Voicemail app not tied into phone app
  5. Not totally sure on this but it seems that AT&T is blocking the "Find My Mobile" service from SamsungDive, that is total BS

And here is what i like better about my S3 vs my iPhone4

1. WIDGETS! WIDGETS! WIDGETS!
  2. Live Wallpapers
  3. Weight and feel when the phone is in my pocket (much improved vs iPhone4)

Download poweramp and u can have audio on lockscreen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Using Google Play Music you can access the player widget from the Notification panel while the screen is locked, assuming no PIN or pattern lock is in use.

With PIN/pattern I get the Music Widget displayed on the screen as normal (with pattern and swipe to unlock checked it becomes available after getting though the TW lockscreen).

So obviously not the best solution and limited to google music, but it's the only way I have found so far short of a 3rd Party lockscreen replacement.

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get my Spotify Controls on the Lock Screen. Some apps i found are Lock Screen Widget (Free) WidgetLocker Lockscreen ($2.99) and Go Locker (Free)

Any thoughts on these apps?

i use widgetlocker but havnt tried out any of the other ones you mentioned so i cant comment.

widgetlocker works relatively well, sometimes on my older phones (og droid 1 and charge) you can see the stock lock screen load up before widgetlocker does but i'm hoping thats due to older hardware and wont happen on something as snappy as the gs3.

with widgetlocker you just open up the app and then you can drop widgets onto your lock screen the same way you would on your home screens, and then next time you lock/wake up your phone they'll be there! i havnt really used the spotify app so i'm not sure if it comes with a widget, but pandora and google music have both worked perfectly for me using widgetlocker.

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The S3 ( Verizon ) is so much better than the Iphone 4 I have. I don't need the 14 day return policy to figure out that I am going to keep the S3. The OS is just as fast and smooth as IOS. Jelly Bean in the near future will just be icing on the cake. The camera is better by a lot and the screen size is perfect. The phone just feels right. It is definitely not too big. Virtually ALL of the apps I had on my IP4 work on my S3. Google Nav with turn by turn is a bonus. I enter most of my text and emails by voice input. It is amazingly accurate, probably over 99% and it is fast. I haven't done a definitive battery check, but so far, it looks like i will easily get a full days work out of it. I also like the fact that i went from 16GB on the IP4 to 64 GB.( 32 and 32 ). Anyone with an IP4 or even the 4s should not hesitate to try the S3. Good luck.

I am making the switch myself this Friday. I can hardly wait. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12